RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miller40

PostPosted: 04/04/18 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
As for Diggins, she obviously is a person who cares a lot about her appearance, and those kinds of people tend to focus on what outsiders think of them and how things look to others -- and those people are more often high maintenance than those who just focus on getting their job done within the organization.

I have to disagree with this. Women (and men) can dress nicely, care about their make up, style their hair, and look their best for themselves. I am most confident in myself when I look my best, it has nothing to do with how I want others to view me and entirely about how I want to feel about myself.

I guess I just don't see how Skylar having nicely applied eyeliner is high maintenance or detrimental to the Wings, or how it impacts her ability to focus on just getting her job done within the organization.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/04/18 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
As for Diggins, she obviously is a person who cares a lot about her appearance, and those kinds of people tend to focus on what outsiders think of them and how things look to others -- and those people are more often high maintenance than those who just focus on getting their job done within the organization.

I have to disagree with this. Women (and men) can dress nicely, care about their make up, style their hair, and look their best for themselves. I am most confident in myself when I look my best, it has nothing to do with how I want others to view me and entirely about how I want to feel about myself.

I guess I just don't see how Skylar having nicely applied eyeliner is high maintenance or detrimental to the Wings, or how it impacts her ability to focus on just getting her job done within the organization.

Just to be clear, I didn't say that was the case ... and I think Skylar's looks are good for the league. She may well be a great teammate and extremely coachable, and I hope she is.

PostPosted: 04/04/18 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Her looks are definitely good for the league, I concur.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/04/18 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One can be high maintenance in their personal life without being so in their professional life.

PostPosted: 04/04/18 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Having a bunch of high maintenance players might help with job security for Fred. No one else may want the job. Fred may actually have the psyche to let it all roll of his back and just continue doing his job.

shontay33

PostPosted: 04/04/18 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
GloJo
Cambage
Davis
Diggins

That quartet alone is enough to make any coach earn his pay. High maintenance (definitely for the first three, maybe not for Skylar though appearances suggest ...) and high ceilings make for a long but potentially rewarding season.

And then conceivably DeShields? Fred will welcome every stop in a state where marijuana is legal ...

How can you make an assumption that a player is high maintenance based on how they look off of the court? She has to maintain an image off the court because that is how she makes money from her endorsements. There is nothing wrong with a female athlete showing her soft feminine side. Lisa Leslie had done it for years.
I have not seen Skylar have a bad attitude with the coaching staff or her teammates. She has shown nothing but leadership. Now if she acted like Glory does at times on the court then that would be a different story.

Finally, It doesn't matter what athlete it is, you will always have one that has a parent who think their child is the best thing since sliced bread. In spite of her mother's twitter rants, she goes in and tries to do her job. I have never seen her have bad body language or attitude on and off the floor.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/04/18 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When we are talking "players who coaches will have problems with" I always think about someone getting into conflicts with other players or someone who doesn't take as well to getting yelled at by a coach or doesn't go all out in practice or isn't playing in a team setting - wants the ball too much. AKA "bad girls". I always assume that type of player is less of a problem for male coaches, since "bad girls" still won't match what you get from males. Although having said that, if you are just coaching women long enough, like say Agler, at some point how male players act may be gone from your mind.

Last edited by tfan on 04/04/18 3:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
pilight

PostPosted: 04/04/18 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
How can you make an assumption that a player is high maintenance based on how they look off of the court? She has to maintain an image off the court because that is how she makes money from her endorsements. There is nothing wrong with a female athlete showing her soft feminine side. Lisa Leslie had done it for years.

You're mostly right, but Lisa Leslie was most definitely a high maintenance player

PostPosted: 04/04/18 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gabby Williams at #6 would also be a great pick up for Dallas...Gabby's defense,rebounding,passing,transition speed,and activity at both ends of the court without dominating the basketball would be a huge asset.

Last edited by zune69 on 04/06/18 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/05/18 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any WFFL's attending the Draft Party this year? I recieved an email about it the other day Interested to know who would be attending from here? Maybe a rebbys meet & greet? #DallasEdition

PostPosted: 04/05/18 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Gabby Williams at #6 would also be a great pick up for Dallas...Gabby's defense,rebounding,passing,transition speed,and activity at both end of the court without dominating the basketball would be a huge asset.

Shhhhh Cool Cool

PostPosted: 04/05/18 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Players have also confirmed they will attend the Draft party! I got a free ticket yay ! #WFFL

P.S. I just went back and read the entire email to realize the free ticket was attached
#FacePalm Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 04/06/18 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Players have also confirmed they will attend the Draft party! I got a free ticket yay ! #WFFL

P.S. I just went back and read the entire email to realize the free ticket was attached
#FacePalm Rolling Eyes

Congrats!!
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/06/18 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

#FacePalm Rolling Eyes

Congrats!!

Thanks.....

PostPosted: 04/06/18 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

#FacePalm Rolling Eyes

Congrats!!

Thanks.....

What time does it start and where is the draft party?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/06/18 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

#FacePalm Rolling Eyes

Congrats!!

Thanks.....

When: Thursday, April 12, 2018

Where: College Park Center
600 S Center St
Arlington, TX 76019

Doors Open at 5pm
Coverage Beings at 6pm

PostPosted: 04/10/18 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

#FacePalm Rolling Eyes

Congrats!!

Thanks.....

600 S Center St
Arlington, TX 76019

Doors Open at 5pm
Coverage Beings at 6pm

Is there a rebkell group meeting there?

Shades

PostPosted: 04/11/18 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9tpy5kStVcM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/11/18 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

#FacePalm Rolling Eyes

Congrats!!

Thanks.....

600 S Center St
Arlington, TX 76019

Doors Open at 5pm
Coverage Beings at 6pm

Does not seem likely not enough fans here i guess.

PostPosted: 04/11/18 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Mojo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

#FacePalm Rolling Eyes

Congrats!!

Thanks.....

600 S Center St
Arlington, TX 76019

Doors Open at 5pm
Coverage Beings at 6pm

Does not seem likely not enough fans here i guess.

I would like to go, it might be exciting

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/11/18 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar In Another WNBA promo! Niiiceee Sky

https://youtu.be/mYOFYbIt2vc

PostPosted: 04/12/18 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So all is said and done and i had to send a few congratulations texts.

#Stevens
#Goodwin
#Butler

Great Picks for this team . Depth Chart Looks like this now.

PG - Skylar / Chong / Goodwin
SG- Gray / Davis
SF- KCK / Powers
PF- Glory / Thornton / Lewis
C - Liz / Azura / Bulter (Plaissance)

Bye Bye Shaqahtor. We could also experiment with moving AZuRA to the 4 spot to play WITH Liz .

PostPosted: 04/12/18 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, the thought of Cambage & Stevens on the floor together is scary. I doubt think Akhator just gets cut. She was the #3 pick. If anything she's traded somewhere for a bag of chips.

PG: Diggins/Chong/Goodwin
SG: Gray/Davis
SF: Christmas/Powers
PF: Johnson/Thornton/Akhator
C: Cambage/Stevens

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 04/12/18 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

24+ wins,top 4 seed,Title contender,no excuses.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/12/18 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins/Goodwin
Gray/Davis
Christmas/Powers
Johnson/Stevens/Thornton
Cambage/Akhator/Plaisance(until 100%)

I think they may have messed up by signing Plaisance early instead of when she’s ready to play. Now if they don’t full season suspend her, they have to start with 11, no different than WAS with Hill and IND with Johnson.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 20 of 41

Jump to: