#5. Minnesota Lynx
#6. Chicago Sky
#7. Las Vegas Aces
#8. Phoenix Mercury
#9. New York Liberty
#10. Seattle Storm
#11. Atlanta Dream
#12. Indiana Fever

Id be Surprised if Washington finished ahead of us. And you guys are unbelievable. Im just going to refrain from making anymore posts here til the season begins. People come out the wood works to gang up alot more here lately. Im taking a break ✌

PostPosted: 02/07/18 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I'd say at this point(w/added draft picks):

#1. Los Angeles Sparks
#2. Connecticut Sun
#3. Washington Mystics
#4. Dallas Wings
#5. Minnesota Lynx
#6. Chicago Sky
#7. Las Vegas Aces
#8. Phoenix Mercury
#9. New York Liberty
#10. Seattle Storm
#11. Atlanta Dream
#12. Indiana Fever

Id be Surprised if Washington finished ahead of us. And you guys are unbelievable. Im just going to refrain from making anymore posts here til the season begins. People come out the wood works to gang up alot more here lately. Im taking a break ✌

Wings going to be interesting to say the least. They will be better

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 02/07/18 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m with WNBA09. I’m as excited as hell for the upcoming season. I think Cambage solves a lot of problems including making glory Johnson better as she won’t have to guard both the 4 and 5.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/07/18 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Wings are going to have talent aplenty. I just don't see Fred as the coach to maximize it.

PostPosted: 02/08/18 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crowning the Wings W champion at this point cuz of Cambage's signing is a little naive and premature at this point. Her being on the team is only one factor in a multitude of possible outcomes. Factors like:

1. Team chemistry
2. Coaching
3. Reffing
4. Injury
5. Fatigue
6. Moves that make other teams better
7. Individual performances at critical times (everybody has bad days)
8. Etc.

Not trying to steal your joy, just tryna be realistic.
Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/08/18 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im i the only one that is not convinced that the Sun will repeat their success from last season? They had a great season and got 4th place. What improvements did they make to put them in the 2nd spot in the league?

For starters i dont Jasmine Thomas and Stricklen will have another season like last season. I think they will take a step back.
I do think that Courtney Williams will have a great scoring season though.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 02/08/18 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Im i the only one that is not convinced that the Sun will repeat their success from last season? They had a great season and got 4th place. What improvements did they make to put them in the 2nd spot in the league?

For starters i dont Jasmine Thomas and Stricklen will have another season like last season. I think they will take a step back.

They're adding Chiney, who is obviously very good, even if there are questions about fit. I am also skeptical about JT, but even if she takes a step back offensively, improvement from JJ and Williams should make up for that. I think they should definitely end up in the upper half of the standings.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/08/18 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Griner vs Cambage as the 2018 season opener gets the thumbs up from me Smile

PostPosted: 02/09/18 6:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

They're adding Chiney, who is obviously very good, even if there are questions about fit. I am also skeptical about JT, but even if she takes a step back offensively, improvement from JJ and Williams should make up for that. I think they should definitely end up in the upper half of the standings.

Has Chiney played a game since her injury? Is she 100 % healthy?

Quote:

This matchup will be fun indeed. I just hope that they both stay out of foul trouble. Taurasi vs Diggins will be fun too. But they probably wont be defending each other

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/09/18 6:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:

This matchup will be fun indeed. I just hope that they both stay out of foul trouble. Taurasi vs Diggins will be fun too. But they probably wont be defending each other

I can almost guarantee that Taurasi won't be defending Diggins Razz

PostPosted: 02/09/18 6:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:

I can almost guarantee that Taurasi won't be defending Diggins Razz

And i can almost guarantee that Dallas puts Gray on Taurasi Laughing

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/10/18 2:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Karima Christmas-Kelly will play for Dallas or if she's trade bait. Aerial Powers has been looking stellar in Europe and I really think it's time to start her.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/10/18 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz in fine form on the Wings facebook page I see.
(In the "Welcome Home Liz Cambage" post, starting with the "Keiva Lowry - Do they have festivals in Dallas ?" comment)

As a basketball fan there are things that frustrate me about her, but as a fan of messy drama I have nothing but love for her Laughing

PostPosted: 02/10/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
I wonder if Karima Christmas-Kelly will play for Dallas or if she's trade bait. Aerial Powers has been looking stellar in Europe and I really think it's time to start her.

Keep her! She is the one who can teach the team defense! She gave me fits when she would D up Pricess prima Donne in Chicago.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 02/10/18 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:

I still think Christmas-Kelly fits with this group of starters more then Powers would.
Shades

PostPosted: 02/10/18 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’ve always felt Christmas was a prime candidate for a trade, but it’s starting to feel like she’s part of the core there. She’s kind of a mature voice amongst the youngsters. She probably would need to approve of any trade and maybe she doesn’t want to go.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/10/18 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Wings share the ball they will be very good, but that will be the key along with improving team defense.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/11/18 6:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

I still think Christmas-Kelly fits with this group of starters more then Powers would.

I think so too because Diggins is a ball dominating guard and Cambage will need to be the number 1 or atleast number 2 scoring option on this team.
So put Powers with them and Glory Johnson and then there will not be enough shots for everyone..

Let Powers be that 6th starter and give her big minutes off the bench and the green light.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 02/11/18 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

I think so too because Diggins is a ball dominating guard and Cambage will need to be the number 1 or atleast number 2 scoring option on this team.
So put Powers with them and Glory Johnson and then there will not be enough shots for everyone..

Let Powers be that 6th starter and give her big minutes off the bench and the green light.

I couldn’t have said it better myself, starting Powers will only throw things off and make Liz unhappy if she only gets a few touches.
RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/11/18 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Liz in fine form on the Wings facebook page I see.
(In the "Welcome Home Liz Cambage" post, starting with the "Keiva Lowry - Do they have festivals in Dallas ?" comment)

As a basketball fan there are things that frustrate me about her, but as a fan of messy drama I have nothing but love for her Laughing

+1

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/11/18 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's the backstory with Cambage and music festivals? Shocked Laughing

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/11/18 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
What's the backstory with Cambage and music festivals? Shocked Laughing

She is a DJ in her free time and she loves goig to music festivals herself

toad455

PostPosted: 02/25/18 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Check out @DallasWings’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/DallasWings/status/967165866214412290?s=09

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 13 of 41

Jump to: