RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8683
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/18 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could the KCK trade be in the works? Wings Personal say no , But i would not rule out secret meetings being held with Fred & Bibb. Any suggestions ?

KCK & Davis for Angel M?
Or should it include #6 pick?

Possible Line Up
Skylar
Gray
Angel
Johnson
Cambage

Bench
Powers
Chong
Paris
Thornton
Davis* Barring Trade
Plaissance * injury
Lewis* Needs replacement
Shaqahtor * Needs Replacement

Where do our upgrades lie?



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52398



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/18 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Could the KCK trade be in the works? Wings Personal say no , But i would not rule out secret meetings being held with Fred & Bibb. Any suggestions ?

KCK & Davis for Angel M?
Or should it include #6 pick?

Possible Line Up
Skylar
Gray
Angel
Johnson
Cambage



That’s a pretty scary starting lineup.
McCoughtry might be willing to move her ice cream business to Dallas for that lineup.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8683
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/18 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Could the KCK trade be in the works? Wings Personal say no , But i would not rule out secret meetings being held with Fred & Bibb. Any suggestions ?

KCK & Davis for Angel M?
Or should it include #6 pick?

Possible Line Up
Skylar
Gray
Angel
Johnson
Cambage



That’s a pretty scary starting lineup.
McCoughtry might be willing to move her ice cream business to Dallas for that lineup.


Heck id be willing to be her highest paid customer if she did so. We instantly become the new favorites of the League , but idk if all the egos would work. Skylar has her own pretty girl ego. Gray coming off her ROY campaign Angel and Lori Ann enough Said along with Glory Ex Con Johnson & Dj Camb*tch! Shocked Good thing fred has no hair to lose!



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59577
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/18 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know why anyone thinks Angel would want to play for Fred



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20148



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/18 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too many ball hogs with that starting line-up in Dallas. Good luck to Williams coaching those 5 together.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 9258



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I don't know why anyone thinks Angel would want to play for Fred


Can you name a WNBA coach she would prefer?



_________________
2019 RebKell Tipping Contest Champion
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52398



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/18 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I don't know why anyone thinks Angel would want to play for Fred


He’s a coach that lets players play the way they like. He’s not a high discipline coach.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20148



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings sign Cambage to multi-year deal.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2018/02/05/source-dallas-wings-sign-australian-center-liz-cambage-multi-year-contract



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7704



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Wings sign Cambage to multi-year deal.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2018/02/05/source-dallas-wings-sign-australian-center-liz-cambage-multi-year-contract


Great news.


Trading the #6 pick might be the best option for Dallas.




Last edited by zune69 on 02/05/18 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20148



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Wings keep everyone they have, I'd say taking Russell at #6 is their best option now with Paris going to Seattle.

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/Davis
SF: Christmas/Powers/Thornton
PF: Johnson/Plaisance
C: Cambage/Russell/Akhator



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 9258



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA09 is probably enjoying this "I told you so" moment..... Very Happy



_________________
2019 RebKell Tipping Contest Champion
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52398



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Wings consider the 6-foot-8 center to be one of the best players in the world and a natural fit next to the core of Skylar Diggins-Smith, Glory Johnson, Karima Christmas-Kelly and Allisha Gray.


Looks like they may be committing to Christmas. Wait, probably just author’s opinion.

Will they get offers for Powers? She’s been looking starter quality to me.

Would ATL be interested in giving their second round pick for Kaela Davis?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20148



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings' official press release:

http://wings.wnba.com/news/dallas-wings-sign-liz-cambage/



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20148



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8683
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA09 is probably enjoying this "I told you so" moment..... Very Happy


Yessss Randy! Although i knew it was official about two weeks ago people still had negative comments as though they still will until the tip off so ive chosen to be quiet and let the ball fall in the hoop! #WFFL #SoExcited



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8683
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Quote:
The Wings consider the 6-foot-8 center to be one of the best players in the world and a natural fit next to the core of Skylar Diggins-Smith, Glory Johnson, Karima Christmas-Kelly and Allisha Gray.


Looks like they may be committing to Christmas. Wait, probably just author’s opinion.

Will they get offers for Powers? She’s been looking starter quality to me.

Would ATL be interested in giving their second round pick for Kaela Davis?


Its authors opinion. Powers will be a wing & #6 will be used by Dallas. No trade to see their!



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7704



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The #6 pk for Stokes would be a good trade.....A mobile backup post who can defend the 4 or 5 positions.




Last edited by zune69 on 02/05/18 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
mavcarter
#NAPT


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 5028
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Although i knew it was official about two weeks ago people still had negative comments


I mean, she hasn't played in a while so the comments were most likely valid.

Nonetheless, congrats to Dallas and their fans. Hopefully they challenge the Lynx and Sparks.



_________________
wrote:
Or maybe said poster should quit being a nuisance when people don’t agree?
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59577
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
The #6 pk for Stokes would be a good trade.....A mobile backup post who can defend the 4 or 5 position.


That would be a great trade....for New York



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21463
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welcome Home!... to a city you've never played in before and visited briefly, once.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7704



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:
The #6 pk for Stokes would be a good trade.....A mobile backup post who can defend the 4 or 5 position.


That would be a great trade....for New York


A great trade for both teams IMO.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52398



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Quote:
The Wings consider the 6-foot-8 center to be one of the best players in the world and a natural fit next to the core of Skylar Diggins-Smith, Glory Johnson, Karima Christmas-Kelly and Allisha Gray.


Looks like they may be committing to Christmas. Wait, probably just author’s opinion.

Will they get offers for Powers? She’s been looking starter quality to me.

Would ATL be interested in giving their second round pick for Kaela Davis?


Its authors opinion. Powers will be a wing & #6 will be used by Dallas. No trade to see their!


That was zune talking about trading #6. I don’t think they’ll trade #6 unless it’s part of a huge trade deal. The Wings have enough assets to make such a deal, so they could swing for the fences but Bibb seems pretty meek at GM.

You have ATL sitting there with a first year coach who doesn’t have first round pick. What first year coach doesn’t want to have a first round pick for their first draft? Miller ended up with like 3 first round picks his first year. Kid in a candy store.

So you tempt ATL with Christmas-Kelly (based in ATL) + #6 + KDavis (based in ATL) for only a measly McCoughtry. Your typical 3-pieces for one franchise player deal.

If McCoughtry is thirsting for a championship, I think she’d go for this deal. If not, she can stay in ATL and hand out ice cream cones to the kiddies.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59577
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
If McCoughtry is thirsting for a championship, I think she’d go for this deal. If not, she can stay in ATL and hand out ice cream cones to the kiddies.


If Angel was ring shopping, she wouldn't be looking anywhere that has Fred Williams coaching.



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52398



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
The #6 pk for Stokes would be a good trade.....A mobile backup post who can defend the 4 or 5 positions.


They already have Shaqator, the very highly regarded #3 pick. Highly mobile and every bit of the 6’3 as advertised. No experienced GM would be fooled by that listing.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52398



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
If McCoughtry is thirsting for a championship, I think she’d go for this deal. If not, she can stay in ATL and hand out ice cream cones to the kiddies.


If Angel was ring shopping, she wouldn't be looking anywhere that has Fred Williams coaching.


You keep preaching this but Cambage and McCoughtry might be enough to help the Wings over the Williams coaching hump.

As far as ring-shopping, MIN & LAS don’t need her and the only other team with maybe enough assets to make a deal without killing the team is CON. Can you picture her in CON? They’d probably be worried that McCoughtry would upset the delicate balance over there even more than Chiney might.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 9 of 41

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin