Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:30 pm    ::: Dallas Wings 2018 Reply Reply with quote

The Return of
CAMBAGE

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:31 pm    ::: Re: Dallas Wings 2018 Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
The Return of
CAMBAGE

Wouldn't be so sure if Drop Dead Fred gets the boot.

PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1.Fire Fred.

2.Hire Eric Thibault,K.Smith,or A.Donovan...Donovan would be the best coach for Cambage....And Please,do not hire M.Cooper.He gives his players too much freedom to screw up.

3.Hire a defensive assistant coach.

4.If Cambage does not show up in 2018,fire Phillips.

5.Draft Russell.

6.Christmas ?

7.Davis ?

8.Re-sign Paris.

9.Can Powers reign in her game playing with Cambage,Johnson,and Diggins ?

RavenDog wrote:
If Coates doesn't sign, Chicago loses her. If Coates plays overseas and does not sigh, she becomes a free agent.

Coates is now like Fowles: Here's where I want to go, If you don't sign me and trade me there you get nothing for me.

Stock next move...

Sorry RavenDog,I stole your post from another thread.

10..If the bolded is true..... dallas could sign Coates,draft Russell,and let Paris walk.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I love mercedes , but she is not what we need. Our pick and roll.defense and rebounding hunger is the main weakness. Russell's slow feet barred by injury would just make it worse
She rebounds ever so often tallying high numbers against smaller teams yet still managing to hold her own against big competition . Seeing as though shes there primary and only rebounder that makes her #'s look better than her true impact. Not saying she does not impact a game because her offensive skillset is unmatched by any true post player in this draft. Just dont think shes a good fit here in Arlington. This is.coming from a LVFFL btw .

Russell's size and length would greatly help dallas' interior defense.She has plenty of time to work on her pick and roll defense.Griner wasn't the best pick and roll defender coming out of college.But she's markedly improved over the last 4 years.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I love mercedes , but she is not what we need. Our pick and roll.defense and rebounding hunger is the main weakness. Russell's slow feet barred by injury would just make it worse
She rebounds ever so often tallying high numbers against smaller teams yet still managing to hold her own against big competition . Seeing as though shes there primary and only rebounder that makes her #'s look better than her true impact. Not saying she does not impact a game because her offensive skillset is unmatched by any true post player in this draft. Just dont think shes a good fit here in Arlington. This is.coming from a LVFFL btw .

Russell's size and length would greatly help dallas' interior defense.She has plenty of time to work on her pick and roll defense.Griner wasn't the best pick and roll defender coming out of college.But she's markedly improved over the last 4 years.

We dont need a player thats still improving. If cambage comes over that sums up our interior defense issue. Adding Russell wouldnt really make a difference with all the off season issues we might have to address. I stick with drafting billings due to Glo Jos future being very uncertain at this time.

But how many seasons will Cambage show up for ?.....what happens in 2019 and 2020 when she's a no show ?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You confused me on which thread to respond too Laughing . Billings is the better fit until we know for sure Cambage is here & Glory will give another go.

PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
You confused me on which thread to respond too Laughing . Billings is the better fit until we know for sure Cambage is here & Glory will give another go.

Laughing I'm sorry Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

You still have Shaqator tho. She comes Curt Miller certified.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/07/17 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMO Russell is very similar to Hamblin. Some say she is more athletic but I haven't seen that yet. She can rebound but doesn't have great hands. I suspect she doesn't have the rocket scientist brain of Hamblin (for better or worse). Is she as good as Boyette? Maybe. She will have a chance to show us this year at UTenn...then we basement dwellers can make a prediction. At this point, I would hesitate to base my season on her being a difference maker at the pro level.

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 09/07/17 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of course it depends on who's still left on the board.

As of right now:

Wilson>Russell
Williams>Russell....trade one of our wings for a post
Mitchell> Russell.....trade one of our wings for a post
Deshileds>Russell.....trade one of our wings for a post

I love Canada,Billings and Nared...But do you draft Billings when you already have Ahkator,Thornton,and Johnson ?...do you draft Nared when you already have Powers,Davis,and maybe Christmas ?....Do you draft Canada when you already have a 32+ mpg pg ?

I'm sure my opinion will change 100 times between now and the draft....Still lots of ???...Cambage's playing status.will she commit for 1 yr or multiple yrs ?...will Glory get traded ?...How will the draft picks perform during the season ?...will any underclasswomen enter the draft ?...How will Diamond perform in Turkey ?...will Coates become a free agent ?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/07/17 4:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So first the easy version

Get Cambage to show up
Draft Billings at #6 (I'm assuming Russell because of her size and maybe having a better season this year is off the board at #6)
keep all your wings
Play Thorton at the 3 and 4
move Powers into starting line up

Diggins/Chong
Gray/Davis
Powers/Christmas/Thorton
G. Johnson/Billings/Plaisance
Cambage/Paris

This looks pretty good to me. More complicated ideas later.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/07/17 5:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
If Coates doesn't sign, Chicago loses her. If Coates plays overseas and does not sigh, she becomes a free agent.

Coates is now like Fowles: Here's where I want to go, If you don't sign me and trade me there you get nothing for me.

Stock next move...

10..If the bolded is true.....

It's not. Complete nonsense.

PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Stock next move...

Thanks.......only way we get Coates is by trade.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Stock next move...

If she reenters the draft, she could be there at #6.
If she reenters the draft, she loses her top 4 salary.
Is that enough of a deterrent to stop her from reentering the draft? Could be.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/07/17 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Stock next move...

Dallas could offer Chicago the #6 for Coates.Seattle unfortunately has a greater need for a center,and a higher draft pick.Maybe dallas sweetens the deal by coring Christmas then packaging her with the #6 pick for Coates.

shontay33

PostPosted: 09/07/17 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas does not need any more draft picks. They have a good young core. They need rim protection and a legit post player. If Cambage comes back then that will solve that problem. I also think Christmas-Kelly should be traded to a veteran team so that Davis can play the 3. Bring Powers off of the bench.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/07/17 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hmm so Powers then takes out that player in practice so she can start Laughing Laughing

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/07/17 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Stock next move...

I believe if Coates play over-seas she can not re-enter the draft and becomes Reserve status in Chicago. Similar to say Torrens with Conn for years when she didn't come over.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 09/07/17 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if The sky would be interested in Davis and number 6 for one of there lottery picks, after watching some Gabby Williams highlights she would be a big help to the wings, and should be able to make the jump to small forward, she plays with a lot of intensity.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/07/17 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are two things during 2018 that I am waiting for with great anticipation. One, the appearance of Big Foot wearing a Wings uniform for the entire 2018 season. Two, Coates signing a contract with the Sky. This action will kill the endless hypothesis on this board about her being drafted AGAIN in the 2018 draft.

PostPosted: 09/07/17 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I wonder if The sky would be interested in Davis and number 6 for one of there lottery picks, after watching some Gabby Williams highlights she would be a big help to the wings, and should be able to make the jump to small forward, she plays with a lot of intensity.

But who do they get rid of to make space, she would definitely be a defensive upgrade Laughing

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 09/07/17 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:

But who do they get rid of to make space, she would definitely be a defensive upgrade Laughing

He suggested Kaela Davis.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry I misread the first time, thanks.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, no need for Davis & DeShields. Davis & the #6 pick to Chicago for the #3/#4 pick?

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/Powers
SF: Christmas/DeShields/Thornton
PF: Johnson/Plaisance/Akhator
C: Cambage/#6 pick

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/07/17 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
yeah, no need for Davis & DeShields. Davis & the #6 pick to Chicago for the #3/#4 pick?

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/Powers
SF: Christmas/DeShields/Thornton
PF: Johnson/Plaisance/Akhator
C: Cambage/#6 pick

If the Sky would want Davis so much, they would've/could've/should've just drafted her at pick #9 the past draft then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 1 of 41

Jump to: