RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Me Too: Breanna Stewart

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/30/17 7:02 am    ::: Me Too: Breanna Stewart Reply Reply with quote

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/breanna-stewart-me-too/

Just read it.

PostPosted: 10/30/17 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was as poignant and as personal an account of the molestation of a child as I’ve ever read. I’ll never look at Ms Stewart again without the heartstrings being tugged. Seems law enforcement did its job. Thank you there. Family was extraordinary. But the traps we are in as kids. How things can go on for years.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/30/17 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Already had a lot of respect for Breanna but now even more. Very brave to speak out like this. Hopefully this will give people/children the confidence to speak out against these predators.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
miller40

PostPosted: 10/30/17 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't imagine the courage that took for her. I'm glad she has the strength and support she has. She's helped out so many.

Genero36

PostPosted: 10/30/17 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope she can fully heal from this.

I keep hearing that love will always overcome hate but I don't see how that's definitive at all.

PostPosted: 10/30/17 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/CoachA1on1/status/925011294259957761

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/30/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The tears just keep coming.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 10/30/17 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Powerful, and courageous. Thank you, Stewie.

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 10/30/17 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I recently had a very similar Me Too post. In my industry, I am well known and seen as a strong woman. It is a very male dominated industry and when some men started trying to imply that this kind of thing doesn't happen to strong women, I knew that I needed to come out with my story. My experience was only one long night, but the pain, shame and fear I feel almost 50 years later is startling in its intensity.

I know how hard it was for me to tell the world what happened to me at age 5. Tell my family. Let it out of its dark place. I know how hard that was for Stewie to do. But also, how cathartic. I am proud of her. Hopefully her words can help other women heal. And help young girls put a stop to sexual abuse.

As a Storm fan and Stewie fan, I didn't think I could like her more than I already do.

PostPosted: 10/30/17 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OMG'! Just read the story on Breanna. Feel so sorry for her. Hope this ME TOO campaign continues and breaks the back of the horrible assault on women and men.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/30/17 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Me Too is proving to be a powerful thing. Sometimes social media gets one right.

It's high time that the shame was lifted from people who don't deserve to feel it, and redirected to those who do.
Nothing but respect for anyone brave enough to speak up.

PostPosted: 10/30/17 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A very good but heartbreaking read. Glad Stewie had (and still has) her family’s support.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 10/30/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
I recently had a very similar Me Too post. In my industry, I am well known and seen as a strong woman. It is a very male dominated industry and when some men started trying to imply that this kind of thing doesn't happen to strong women, I knew that I needed to come out with my story. My experience was only one long night, but the pain, shame and fear I feel almost 50 years later is startling in its intensity.

I know how hard it was for me to tell the world what happened to me at age 5. Tell my family. Let it out of its dark place. I know how hard that was for Stewie to do. But also, how cathartic. I am proud of her. Hopefully her words can help other women heal. And help young girls put a stop to sexual abuse.

As a Storm fan and Stewie fan, I didn't think I could like her more than I already do.

I have huge respect for Breanna Stewart, for sithinfiltrator, for everyone who is part of the Me Too effort, for anyone who shares these stories publicly or even with just one person whom they trust.

PostPosted: 10/30/17 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very powerful story by Breanna. My respect for her continues to grow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: