RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Las Vegas Aces 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 465
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/02/18 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lol this guy Bill is a monster man, it would not surprise me if he traded that #1 pick now


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 5734
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/02/18 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bill trying to work his magic with sky at the moment. Picks 3 & 4 seem very valuable to him vs pick #1! Shocked



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4428



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/03/18 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Bill trying to work his magic with sky at the moment. Picks 3 & 4 seem very valuable to him vs pick #1! Shocked


If I'm Chicago I jump on that. Breland leaving opens up a perfect spot in the starting line up for Wilson with the Sky.

I know some people are discussing does he like Deshields or Williams in the mock thread, but how about both. (Of course if it is Mitchell and one of the Deshields or Williams it makes a Plum or Jefferson trade easier.)

Jefferson/Plum
McBride/Deshields
Young/G. Williams/Burdick
Harrison/Dos Santos
Bone/Swords

and #13, Hamby or Coffey

I still see one (or both) of Jefferson and/or Plum going as well.

I'm not sure I might just keep Wilson

Jefferson/Plum
McBride/Colson
Young/Burdick
Wilson/Harrison/Dos Santos
Bone/Swords

and #13, Hamby or Coffey


root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 4203
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/03/18 2:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Wilson is going to be much better than Harrison, so I'm surprised Bill would be so quick to trade her. A compromise solution would be to keep Wilson and trade Harrison. You might be able to get #3 or #4 for Harrison. This assumes no one comes out early. Now, if Laimbeer is rolling the dice on a post player possibly leaving early, then it's a different story. The smart thing for Chicago to do is wait and see what happens with early entrants before dealing those picks.



_________________
We live in a political world
Love don't have any place
We're living in times
Where men commit crimes
And crime don't have any face
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22282



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/03/18 2:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While Wilson has a lot of upside, after watching her against UConn where she couldn't buy a basket for long periods of time, I'm not as comfortable with naming her the next best thing since Stewie. She has tremendous talent and physical tools but there is still a lot of work to be done. I mean some of those shots were pretty wide open and close to the basket.

So if in fact Bill is trying for #3 and #4 I think that bespeaks to trying to improve the wing position which is pretty damn weak if T. Young is his starting SF.

And looking at their roster there is still a lot of mid-size rif raf to cut or trade.

btw: I'm looking forward to hearing some cryptic messages from AFO himself Wink



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47265



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/03/18 3:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
While Wilson has a lot of upside, after watching her against UConn where she couldn't buy a basket for long periods of time


Geno has a way of shutting down the opposing team’s best player, so if the team’s not balanced it can be problematic for them. Wilson may have had an unusually poor shooting night against UConn, but she did manage to secure 16 reb and 6 blocks.... against UConn.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22282



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/03/18 3:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
While Wilson has a lot of upside, after watching her against UConn where she couldn't buy a basket for long periods of time


Geno has a way of shutting down the opposing team’s best player, so if the team’s not balanced it can be problematic for them. Wilson may have had an unusually poor shooting night against UConn, but she did manage to secure 16 reb and 6 blocks.... against UConn.


agree with this...but that's why the wide open shots were most troubling. I understand when she's double or triple teams, but not open layups.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1815



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/03/18 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nah she just got a lot of calls from the refs, I think Bill is smart, he knows she is not 6' 5" and will not get those calls in the W Laughing


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22282



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/03/18 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think she's a legit 6'5" - probably closer to legit than 90% of college kids and their height listing.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11661



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see Bill trading out of that number one pick without a go-to post player to run the type of offense he prefers to run. If there's no surprise player in that 3/4 area, he's going to pick Wilson. The addition of Bone clearly helps in that endeavor, but Bone has not historically dealt with hard double-teams very well. The addition of Swords gives you a rebounder who knows your system and defends the rim. Acquiring Wilson gives you more of a go-to offensive player and allows you to trade Harrison, who doesn't really fit your desired physical style of play anyway.

Acquiring Young gives you a strong, physical defender at the 3 spot, and allows you to probably keep McBride locked in at the 2 spot.

In turn, you now have one of Plum or Jefferson as trade bait and possibly Harrison too. Now all of a sudden, Bone, McBride and Wilson should all provide double-digit scoring, with whomever you keep out of Plum or MoJeff capable of doing the same or close. Looks like a team with scoring, defense and rebounding to me.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22282



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Harrison will be fine as the 4th post. Unless he can come up with something better, not sure why he'd be trading her. The main problem I see with both her and Wilson at the 4 spot is that neither have an outside shot. As long as he can load up gunners at the three wing spots that should be ok. If he plays T. Young much then he needs a 4 that can shoot the long ball to balance it out.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11661



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I think Harrison will be fine as the 4th post. Unless he can come up with something better, not sure why he'd be trading her. The main problem I see with both her and Wilson at the 4 spot is that neither have an outside shot. As long as he can load up gunners at the three wing spots that should be ok. If he plays T. Young much then he needs a 4 that can shoot the long ball to balance it out.


Agree about Harrison as a fourth post. My thought was she’s probably got more value than that. Maybe you can fill another position (like SF) where you need more help.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 5734
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im still not sold with a team being successful with T. Young as their starting SF. Why Not Sign Cappie?

Jefferson
Cappie
Mcbride
Wilson
Bone

Bench
Plum
Harrison
Holmes
Young
Hamby
Swords



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47265



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Im still not sold with a team being successful with T. Young as their starting SF. Why Not Sign Cappie?

Jefferson
Cappie
McBride
Wilson
Bone


I’m pretty sure Laimbeer doesn’t want to go all small on the perimeter. He’s also the one that traded away Cappie while at NYL.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 15871



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/18 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see Cappie end up in Minnesota.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6157



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
If he plays T. Young much then he needs a 4 that can shoot the long ball to balance it out.


Tamera Young was 25 - 73 from 3 in 2017 (34.2%).


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 5734
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
myrtle wrote:
If he plays T. Young much then he needs a 4 that can shoot the long ball to balance it out.


Tamera Young was 25 - 73 from 3 in 2017 (34.2%).


I would not count on being successful with T.Young shooting 3's . Although i must give her credit as she has improved . I still would not make that her 1st priority .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6157



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Im still not sold with a team being successful with T. Young as their starting SF.


She's 31 this season, but Chicago went to the finals in 2014 with Tamera Young as their starting SF.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 5734
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Im still not sold with a team being successful with T. Young as their starting SF.


She's 31 this season, but Chicago went to the finals in 2014 with Tamera Young as their starting SF.


AND , you saw how that ended for the sky right ? Laughing
And to be fair , she started only to guard Diana , but most of the minutes that series went to Allie Quigley not T.Young.

Slooty
Piph
Quig
EDD
Syl



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6157



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Im still not sold with a team being successful with T. Young as their starting SF.


She's 31 this season, but Chicago went to the finals in 2014 with Tamera Young as their starting SF.


AND , you saw how that ended for the sky right ? Laughing
And to be fair , she started only to guard Diana , but most of the minutes that series went to Allie Quigley not T.Young.


Sounds like they made a mistake not giving more minutes to Tamera Young in the finals. She averaged 29.8 per game in the nine Sky games of the 2014 playoffs (27.6 during the year).


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 5734
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/18 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Im still not sold with a team being successful with T. Young as their starting SF.


She's 31 this season, but Chicago went to the finals in 2014 with Tamera Young as their starting SF.


AND , you saw how that ended for the sky right ? Laughing
And to be fair , she started only to guard Diana , but most of the minutes that series went to Allie Quigley not T.Young.


Sounds like they made a mistake not giving more minutes to Tamera Young in the finals. She averaged 29.8 per game in the nine Sky games of the 2014 playoffs (27.6 during the year).


They made a mistake ???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Good luck to you & Your team my friend !



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
ChasingRatDogmaSalade



Joined: 05 Apr 2008
Posts: 164
Location: Las Vegas, NV


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:


http://aces.wnba.com/news/aces-history-feeling-a-draft-1997/


http://aces.wnba.com/news/aces-history-feeling-a-draft-1998/

Find the typos!!!


mb1



Joined: 09 Feb 2006
Posts: 4667
Location: Scottsdale,AZ,USA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/18 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This Phoenix Mercury season ticket holder just became a Las Vegas Aces season ticket holder as well.



_________________
I've got a crush on Rebby!

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47265



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 1:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6157



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 1:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Im still not sold with a team being successful with T. Young as their starting SF.


She's 31 this season, but Chicago went to the finals in 2014 with Tamera Young as their starting SF.


AND , you saw how that ended for the sky right ? Laughing
And to be fair , she started only to guard Diana , but most of the minutes that series went to Allie Quigley not T.Young.


Sounds like they made a mistake not giving more minutes to Tamera Young in the finals. She averaged 29.8 per game in the nine Sky games of the 2014 playoffs (27.6 during the year).


They made a mistake ???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Good luck to you & Your team my friend !


They couldn't have done worse in terms of "games won in Finals" with Young playing more minutes.

While I was rooting hardest for the Stars last year, the Aces aren't my team this year.


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 7241



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/18 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By this logic Angel is 3x worse than Young since her teams were 0-9 in finals.



_________________
The fault...lies not not in our stars but in ourselves that we are losers.
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6427
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/18 10:55 am    ::: PODCAST: Las Vegas Aces coach/GM Bill Laimbeer Reply Reply with quote

https://summitthoops.com/2018/02/07/wnba-free-agency-day-5-diary-lynx-make-trade-sign-3-players/



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22282



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/18 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting about MoJeff being injured and expected to miss the first three weeks of the season. Did we already know about that? This injury thing is starting to look like a chronic problem. Not good.

And it makes it hard to deal either of his PGs.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20048
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Interesting about MoJeff being injured and expected to miss the first three weeks of the season. Did we already know about that? This injury thing is starting to look like a chronic problem. Not good.

And it makes it hard to deal either of his PGs.

Where's that from? I'm hesitant to believe anything from a Megdal-helmed site at this point unless there's an actual audible quote from the league source.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47265



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/18 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Interesting about MoJeff being injured and expected to miss the first three weeks of the season. Did we already know about that? This injury thing is starting to look like a chronic problem. Not good.

And it makes it hard to deal either of his PGs.


In that case, he might have to sign Colson, who isn’t a bad player.

Reunite with Cappie?

He’s bringing Cappie back... hey!
Those other coaches don’t know how to act... hey!



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Interesting about MoJeff being injured and expected to miss the first three weeks of the season. Did we already know about that? This injury thing is starting to look like a chronic problem. Not good.

And it makes it hard to deal either of his PGs.

Where's that from? I'm hesitant to believe anything from a Megdal-helmed site at this point unless there's an actual audible quote from the league source.


I have heard from elsewhere that there in concern that she won't be ready by season start. I think she is still recovering from the knee surgery she had to correct the original problem.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22282



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Interesting about MoJeff being injured and expected to miss the first three weeks of the season. Did we already know about that? This injury thing is starting to look like a chronic problem. Not good.

And it makes it hard to deal either of his PGs.

Where's that from? I'm hesitant to believe anything from a Megdal-helmed site at this point unless there's an actual audible quote from the league source.


It's from his podcast with Big Bill and Big Bill says it. I think that's fairly credible. Wink



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20048
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks. Gonna make training camp awkward for Vegas, considering Plum will probably be late due to the Turkish playoffs with Fenerbahce. The answer to 'Jefferson or Plum?' might be 'neither' for a while.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47265



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Interesting about MoJeff being injured and expected to miss the first three weeks of the season. Did we already know about that? This injury thing is starting to look like a chronic problem. Not good.

And it makes it hard to deal either of his PGs.

Where's that from? I'm hesitant to believe anything from a Megdal-helmed site at this point unless there's an actual audible quote from the league source.


It’s audible.

Other tidbits:
Kayla McBride will most likely be in SG position (no 3 guard set)
Wanted Bone for her low post size. She was cheap. Already lives in Las Vegas.
Sees Wilson as a 4.
Big need is a front court scorer (Wilson fit that Bill?).
#13 pick won’t be impact player unless you’re really lucky.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22282



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/18 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Interesting about MoJeff being injured and expected to miss the first three weeks of the season. Did we already know about that? This injury thing is starting to look like a chronic problem. Not good.

And it makes it hard to deal either of his PGs.


In that case, he might have to sign Colson, who isn’t a bad player.



I do think Colson is good as a security back up.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
MNfan22



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 2706



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/18 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any Aces fans out here know which section are behind the teams benches ?



_________________
Minnesota Lynx-est 1999-WNBA Champs! '11,'13,'15, '17
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47265



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/08/18 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aces schedule notes
    Las Vegas is on the road for nine of its first 13 games.
    The Aces close out the schedule with four of five games at home.
    The team’s longest home stand is four games, June 22 through June 29.
    The Aces longest road trip is four games, June 10 through June 15.
    Las Vegas has two back-to-backs—at Seattle on May 31 and vs. Washington on June 1; at Indiana on June 12 and at New York on June 13.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ChasingRatDogmaSalade



Joined: 05 Apr 2008
Posts: 164
Location: Las Vegas, NV


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/18 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
Any Aces fans out here know which section are behind the teams benches ?


https://ticketing.axs.com/PickASection.aspx?t=1E3410098D56FC10F767ADA&og=-1

118 is home bench, 121 is visitor bench.


bballjunkie



Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 577



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/18 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

May have to book some flights to Vegas.


MNfan22



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 2706



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/18 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
MNfan22 wrote:
Any Aces fans out here know which section are behind the teams benches ?


https://ticketing.axs.com/PickASection.aspx?t=1E3410098D56FC10F767ADA&og=-1

118 is home bench, 121 is visitor bench.


THANK YOU !!!!!!!

A Lib/Lynx wkend in Vegas in the works .... Very Happy



_________________
Minnesota Lynx-est 1999-WNBA Champs! '11,'13,'15, '17
ChasingRatDogmaSalade



Joined: 05 Apr 2008
Posts: 164
Location: Las Vegas, NV


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/18 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Photo Gallery from Season Ticket Holder Seat Selection Event.

http://aces.wnba.com/photos/season-ticket-holder-seat-selection-event-feb-6-2018/


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22282



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/18 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
Photo Gallery from Season Ticket Holder Seat Selection Event.

http://aces.wnba.com/photos/season-ticket-holder-seat-selection-event-feb-6-2018/


looks like fun. Hopefully you got a bunch of STHs.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Iluvacc



Joined: 11 Jun 2005
Posts: 2524



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/18 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anxious to see how McBride develops under Laimbeer. She was having a pretty good season in 2016 before she went down with an injury. As for last season, not too many players would look good in that "system".


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6386



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plum's had a very productive offseason.She's shooting the ball very good in Turkey(45% 2pt,40% 3pt,95% ft),has avoided inujury,and is training hard(Participated in two USA basketball mini camps).Laimbeer has a history of starting big guards who can shoot/score the basketball(and play defense).Plum partially fits the "Bill".Is Plum a big PG in terms of height ? No...But Plum does have broad shoulders and big hands...and she can still shoot the basketball.Plum will need to improve her defense.But with the additions of Young,Swords,and more than likely Wilson,Plum will have plenty of help.

Jefferson IMO is better than Plum.But she appears to be very injury prone(sprain ankle,Hamstring,Knee pain).Jefferson's small slight build doesn't help the situation.I wouldn't be surprised if Bill trades Jefferson before the season starts.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 47265



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It doesn’t sound like Laimbeer is interested in moving Jefferson. Why would he publicly talk about how long she’s going to be out? It’s hard to get full value for an injured player. Better to hold onto her unless somebody reaches for her. Jefferson for #5? You could play on Hughes’ love for Jefferson and then maybe pickup Gabby, DeShields, or Mitchell.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20048
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Plum's had a very productive offseason.She's shooting the ball very good in Turkey(45% 2pt,40% 3pt,95% ft),has avoided inujury,and is training hard(Participated in two USA basketball mini camps).

That would be the positive angle. The alternative would be mentioning her EuroLeague stats - 33.6% from the field, playing barely 20mpg because she can't get minutes ahead of 27%-shooting Vardarli. She's also only getting 2 or 3 assists per game, presumably partly because she's not even getting to play the point. She's also been left out entirely on several occasions because Fener have too many foreigners and decided they had better options. And we really have no fucking clue whether she's been training hard ot not.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6386



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

And we really have no fucking clue whether she's been training hard ot not.


You don't shot 40% from 3 and 95% from the FT line without putting in the work.She posted a video on her IG doing some basketball drills.Plum's first season was no worst than Diggins,Vandersloot,etc...people shouldn't be so quick to give up on her.(not talking about you).Plum finished her first season strong.Which is a positive sign of things to come,hopefully.


TotalCardinalMove



Joined: 13 Oct 2013
Posts: 1088



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

And we really have no fucking clue whether she's been training hard ot not.


You don't shot 40% from 3 and 95% from the FT line without putting in the work.She posted a video on her IG doing some basketball drills.Plum's first season was no worst than Diggins,Vandersloot,etc...people shouldn't be so quick to give up on her.(not talking about you).Plum finished her first season strong.Which is a positive sign of things to come,hopefully.


You’re cherry picking, and putting a positive spin on something that doesn’t really warrant it. Take a look at the box scores, a lot of those games at the end were either against other horrible teams, or teams that were resting for the playoffs. She scored well against Indiana....but it was Indiana. She had a good game against NY, but if you take a look, you’ll see their bench played half the game. Against the other teams those months she was either really bad, or just mediocre. Having an awful year in Euroleague also doesn’t bode too well. There’s a good reason for concern imo.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 6386



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

And we really have no fucking clue whether she's been training hard ot not.


You don't shot 40% from 3 and 95% from the FT line without putting in the work.She posted a video on her IG doing some basketball drills.Plum's first season was no worst than Diggins,Vandersloot,etc...people shouldn't be so quick to give up on her.(not talking about you).Plum finished her first season strong.Which is a positive sign of things to come,hopefully.


You’re cherry picking, and putting a positive spin on something that doesn’t really warrant it. Take a look at the box scores, a lot of those games at the end were either against other horrible teams, or teams that were resting for the playoffs. She scored well against Indiana....but it was Indiana. She had a good game against NY, but if you take a look, you’ll see their bench played half the game. Against the other teams those months she was either really bad, or just mediocre. Having an awful year in Euroleague also doesn’t bode too well. There’s a good reason for concern imo.


How many WNBA players can hit 40% from 3 without a defender guarding them ? or 95% at the Ft line ?...Plum avg 19p/4.5a/49%fg in her last two games against a Seattle team(S.Bird) that was fighting to make the playoffs.


TotalCardinalMove



Joined: 13 Oct 2013
Posts: 1088



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/18 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

And we really have no fucking clue whether she's been training hard ot not.


You don't shot 40% from 3 and 95% from the FT line without putting in the work.She posted a video on her IG doing some basketball drills.Plum's first season was no worst than Diggins,Vandersloot,etc...people shouldn't be so quick to give up on her.(not talking about you).Plum finished her first season strong.Which is a positive sign of things to come,hopefully.


You’re cherry picking, and putting a positive spin on something that doesn’t really warrant it. Take a look at the box scores, a lot of those games at the end were either against other horrible teams, or teams that were resting for the playoffs. She scored well against Indiana....but it was Indiana. She had a good game against NY, but if you take a look, you’ll see their bench played half the game. Against the other teams those months she was either really bad, or just mediocre. Having an awful year in Euroleague also doesn’t bode too well. There’s a good reason for concern imo.


How many WNBA players can hit 40% from 3 without a defender guarding them ? or 95% at the Ft line ?...Plum avg 19p/4.5a/49%fg in her last two games against a Seattle team(S.Bird) that was fighting to make the playoffs.


Laughing because Bird is such a premier defender. Look what she did against NY with starters, or what she did against LA, Minnesota, or even Atlanta. Again, you’re cherry picking. Bottom line is, she sucked.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin