RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Las Vegas Stars 2018
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14563



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:26 am    ::: Las Vegas Stars 2018 Reply Reply with quote

Stars have a good chance to land the #1 pick. They draft Wilson, plus the #13 pick in a deep draft. Does VJ return as coach? Does a potential line-up of Jefferson-Plum-McBride work best in 2018?

PG: Jefferson/Colson
SG: Plum/Holmes
SF: McBride/Montgomery/Coffey
PF: Wilson/Hamby/#13 pick
C: Harrison/Alexander



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY


Last edited by toad455 on 10/17/17 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 13851
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 12:08 pm    ::: Re: San Antonio Stars 2018 Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Stars have a good chance to land the #1 pick. They draft Wilson, plus the #13 pick in a deep draft. Does VJ return as coach? Does a potential line-up of Jefferson-Plum-McBride work best in 2018?

PG: Jefferson/Colson
SG: Plum/Holmes
SF: McBride/Montgomery/Coffey
PF: Wilson/Hamby/#13 pick
C: Harrison/Alexander


Stars might get Wilson, but they have more of a chance of not getting the No. 1 pick than of getting it.


#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1159



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Williams would be a better fit for the Stars, they could look in to moving Jefferson, maybe to Indy if they land the 4 pick.
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6590



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SA may be waiting to see what other coaches become available before deciding on VJ. It would be ironic if they hired Cooper and Dream hired VJ. Laughing


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14563



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

San Antonio also have the rights to do Santos. So maybe they draft a guard with the #13 pick?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1114
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I think Williams would be a better fit for the Stars, they could look in to moving Jefferson, maybe to Indy if they land the 4 pick.


Does anyone really think Plum will ever be better than a healthy Moriah Jefferson?


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54917
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I think Williams would be a better fit for the Stars, they could look in to moving Jefferson, maybe to Indy if they land the 4 pick.


Does anyone really think Plum will ever be better than a healthy Moriah Jefferson?


She could be. I've been in the "Jefferson is overrated" camp all along.



_________________
Happiness depends, as Nature shows,
Less on exterior things than most suppose
RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5460



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ucbart wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I think Williams would be a better fit for the Stars, they could look in to moving Jefferson, maybe to Indy if they land the 4 pick.


Does anyone really think Plum will ever be better than a healthy Moriah Jefferson?


She could be. I've been in the "Jefferson is overrated" camp all along.


You just hate UConn players. Admit it! Laughing



_________________
Texas Lady Longhorns
UConn Huskies

Las Vegas Stars
Dallas Wings
Seattle Storm
Chicago Sky
Connecticut Sun
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54917
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
pilight wrote:
ucbart wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I think Williams would be a better fit for the Stars, they could look in to moving Jefferson, maybe to Indy if they land the 4 pick.


Does anyone really think Plum will ever be better than a healthy Moriah Jefferson?


She could be. I've been in the "Jefferson is overrated" camp all along.


You just hate UConn players. Admit it! Laughing


I love Tip Hayes. Swin Cash was always one of my favorites. I've defended Rebecca Lobo more times than I can count. #NotAllHussies



_________________
Happiness depends, as Nature shows,
Less on exterior things than most suppose
RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5460



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 4:42 pm    ::: Re: San Antonio Stars 2018 Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Stars have a good chance to land the #1 pick. They draft Wilson, plus the #13 pick in a deep draft. Does VJ return as coach? Does a potential line-up of Jefferson-Plum-McBride work best in 2018?

PG: Jefferson/Colson
SG: Plum/Holmes
SF: McBride/Montgomery/Coffey
PF: Wilson/Hamby/#13 pick
C: Harrison/Alexander


Stars might get Wilson, but they have more of a chance of not getting the No. 1 pick than of getting it.


An overlooked truism...



_________________
Texas Lady Longhorns
UConn Huskies

Las Vegas Stars
Dallas Wings
Seattle Storm
Chicago Sky
Connecticut Sun
ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1114
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/17 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ucbart wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I think Williams would be a better fit for the Stars, they could look in to moving Jefferson, maybe to Indy if they land the 4 pick.


Does anyone really think Plum will ever be better than a healthy Moriah Jefferson?


She could be. I've been in the "Jefferson is overrated" camp all along.


Shocking.


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4039



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 2:23 am    ::: Re: San Antonio Stars 2018 Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Stars have a good chance to land the #1 pick. They draft Wilson, plus the #13 pick in a deep draft. Does VJ return as coach? Does a potential line-up of Jefferson-Plum-McBride work best in 2018?

PG: Jefferson/Colson
SG: Plum/Holmes
SF: McBride/Montgomery/Coffey
PF: Wilson/Hamby/#13 pick
C: Harrison/Alexander


I think if SA gets #1 and decides to keep everyone this is the route to go. You can also put Jefferson or Plum on the bench (still getting starting minutes backing up the 1 and the two) slide McBride to the 2 spot and either start a current in house SF or even draft someone like Vivians, S. Thomas or Atkins at #13 and start them.

Now if SA doesn't get the #1 pick things get a little more complicated. Also if you don't think Plum and Jefferson can play decent minutes together and/or aren't a fan of McBride at the 3 it gets even trickier. easiest solution draft Deshields or G. Williams to develop as the long tern SF option and figure out what to do with Plum and Jefferson.

I suggested trading Plum and #13 for #5 (where you can your go big if you miss out on Wilson at the 1). I think that trade could also work with Jefferson. Jefferson played with Stewie in the past, Seattle needs an eventual replacement for Bird, and Jefferson's 3 point shooting is a good compliment to what Stewart and Loyd do.

Or really swing for the fences.

I'm not sure Conn goes for this but Jefferson and the lottery pick for C. Ogwumike and Conn's #9 pick. Selling point for Conn, they can keep A. Thomas at the 4 with J. Jones at the 5 full-time which worked well for them this season. They were looking at Jefferson seriously a couple of years ago. Unlike Jefferson/Plum Jefferson/J.Thomas can play together so even if you're bringing Jefferson off the bench there are still starters minutes for her (I like the rotation of J. Thomas/C. Williams and Jefferson a lot actually). Conn could probably try and trade Bentley with Jefferson on board, and could draft Husky G. Williams with SA's lottery pick to pair with Striklen as a 2 headed SF.

SA get C. Ogwumike who if she can prove to be healthy over-seas is the best possible solution to their being awful. Healthy Chiney paired with the Plum/McBride back-court and Harrison brings SA back to relevance in a way nothing else would. If it fails SA still can add someone with the #9 pick who is decent (Nurse, Nared, Billinga, Atkins) and will get a another chance at a top lottery pick in 19 where they can look at Anigwe, Brown, Stevens or McGowan as their answer in the post. So this plan probably is a little too out there but if SA doesn't get the #1 pick they might have to go a little bit out there.


LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 352
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

its Wilson or bust for SA.

Getting Gabby Williams or K. Mitchell if they don't get the #1 pick would be nice but that's not what they need.

unless they make McBride avaliable and do a sign and trade which i highly doubt

i think Plum or Jefferson gets traded this offseason, my bet is on Plum


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11670



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:


i think Plum or Jefferson gets traded this offseason, my bet is on Plum


I think so too, but my bet is on Jefferson.

Question is when.

Do you try to shift the risk of her recovery and trade her now? Or is her value too discounted right now such that you need to wait until people can see she has recovered?


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6590



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/17 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like it is hard (probably not impossible) to trade an injured player. Her value would be pretty discounted. If they were sure of her recovery then Plum could be on the block.


LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 352
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:


i think Plum or Jefferson gets traded this offseason, my bet is on Plum


I think so too, but my bet is on Jefferson.

Question is when.

Do you try to shift the risk of her recovery and trade her now? Or is her value too discounted right now such that you need to wait until people can see she has recovered?


Many Question marks no doubt, we are gonna learn alot from Ms. Ruth Riley this off-season to Draft night.


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18583



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's 80 minutes between two guard positions.

Scrub Colson, Holmes, etc. etc. and go with a three guard rotation of McBride, Plum and Jefferson. Let them all play 25 minutes or so, go with the hot hand game to game.

Make other teams match up with you! And when teams go small, play them all together (CT sometimes plays Williams, Jaz, and Bentley together).

Give it at least a season of all three healthy. No reason to blow up the trio yet.


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 8411



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
There's 80 minutes between two guard positions.

Scrub Colson, Holmes, etc. etc. and go with a three guard rotation of McBride, Plum and Jefferson. Let them all play 25 minutes or so, go with the hot hand game to game.

Make other teams match up with you! And when teams go small, play them all together (CT sometimes plays Williams, Jaz, and Bentley together).

Give it at least a season of all three healthy. No reason to blow up the trio yet.


X____________



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11670



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
There's 80 minutes between two guard positions.

Scrub Colson, Holmes, etc. etc. and go with a three guard rotation of McBride, Plum and Jefferson. Let them all play 25 minutes or so, go with the hot hand game to game.

Make other teams match up with you! And when teams go small, play them all together (CT sometimes plays Williams, Jaz, and Bentley together).

Give it at least a season of all three healthy. No reason to blow up the trio yet.


Well that's the question isn't it? Is there a reason to trade one of them now?

If your choice of Plum or Jefferson is your primary trade bait to exchange for a much needed 3 or 5, and you think a quality starter at one of those positions will improve your team more than having a three guard rotation, then maybe there is a reason to now blow up the trio.

I don't think anyone is suggesting giving one of them away just for the hell of it or because you have to. For me it's a question of what makes you better - keeping all three, or trading one for a starter at another position (or a high draft choice that you believe will produce a quality starter).

Having all three of those guards may be an unnecessary luxury San Antonio can't afford at this point if they can instead fill a greater need.


Angus24



Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 670
Location: South Dakota


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Things would be much clearer if we knew exactly what Jeffersons knee problem is. I can't believe Riley would trade Plum. She is bigger , stronger, and better shooter than Jefferson. I doubt that any team will trade anything really good for Jefferson unless her knee problem is solved. SAS problems are post players. The only one VJ seems confident with is Harrison as she should be. She starts Alexander and then pulls her out for Hamby who seems to be much improved from last year. She left Alexander in in their last game and she had a good game. Nobody seems to mention Montgomery. Is she a keeper? SAS actually has a lot of talented players but little or no team chemistry which will never change until VJ switches from player development mode to team development mode. Would love to know if the player development mode was a joint project of VJ and Riley with the goal of a top draft pick in the 18 draft and shot at the playoffs in 18.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 44342



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
Things would be much clearer if we knew exactly what Jeffersons knee problem is. I can't believe Riley would trade Plum. She is bigger , stronger, and better shooter than Jefferson. I doubt that any team will trade anything really good for Jefferson unless her knee problem is solved. SAS problems are post players. The only one VJ seems confident with is Harrison as she should be. She starts Alexander and then pulls her out for Hamby who seems to be much improved from last year. She left Alexander in in their last game and she had a good game. Nobody seems to mention Montgomery. Is she a keeper? SAS actually has a lot of talented players but little or no team chemistry which will never change until VJ switches from player development mode to team development mode. Would love to know if the player development mode was a joint project of VJ and Riley with the goal of a top draft pick in the 18 draft and shot at the playoffs in 18.


Alex Montgomery, although probably not starter quality in a great team, has looked good enough that Laimbeer probably wishes he had her back. Probably like he wishes he had Pierson back, Carson, etc.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 13851
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Angus24 wrote:
Things would be much clearer if we knew exactly what Jeffersons knee problem is. I can't believe Riley would trade Plum. She is bigger , stronger, and better shooter than Jefferson. I doubt that any team will trade anything really good for Jefferson unless her knee problem is solved. SAS problems are post players. The only one VJ seems confident with is Harrison as she should be. She starts Alexander and then pulls her out for Hamby who seems to be much improved from last year. She left Alexander in in their last game and she had a good game. Nobody seems to mention Montgomery. Is she a keeper? SAS actually has a lot of talented players but little or no team chemistry which will never change until VJ switches from player development mode to team development mode. Would love to know if the player development mode was a joint project of VJ and Riley with the goal of a top draft pick in the 18 draft and shot at the playoffs in 18.


Alex Montgomery, although probably not starter quality in a great team, has looked good enough that Laimbeer probably wishes he had her back. Probably like he wishes he had Pierson back, Carson, etc.


He traded Alex Montgomery for the pick that became Brittany Boyd. He is probably thrilled to have made that move.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19545
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
There's 80 minutes between two guard positions.

Scrub Colson, Holmes, etc. etc. and go with a three guard rotation of McBride, Plum and Jefferson. Let them all play 25 minutes or so, go with the hot hand game to game.

Make other teams match up with you! And when teams go small, play them all together (CT sometimes plays Williams, Jaz, and Bentley together).

Give it at least a season of all three healthy. No reason to blow up the trio yet.


X____________

Problem is, if your coach is gonna refuse to actually use them like that (and VJ never did, even when the three were relatively healthy) then you risk watching their value deteriorate even further. There needs to be a proper buy-in up and down the franchise, from owner, through GM and coach, on down to the players (and their agents).

We're having the same debates and making the same suggestions that we did before the season. Not all of that's down to injury issues.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
bballjunkie



Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 301



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Angus24"]Things would be much clearer if we knew exactly what Jeffersons knee problem is. I can't believe Riley would trade Plum. She is bigger , stronger, and better shooter than Jefferson. I doubt that any team will trade anything really good for Jefferson unless her knee problem is solved. SAS problems are post players. The only one VJ seems confident with is Harrison as she should be. She starts Alexander and then pulls her out for Hamby who seems to be much improved from last year. She left Alexander in in their last game and she had a good game. Nobody seems to mention Montgomery. Is she a keeper? SAS actually has a lot of talented players but little or no team chemistry which will never change until VJ switches from player development mode to team development mode. Would love to know if the player development mode was a joint project of VJ and Riley with the goal of a top draft pick in the 18 draft and shot at the playoffs in 18.[/quote]

Err NO In my opinion- not bigger at all but slower, can't play D, struggles with handles and drives when there is no lane, won't get bailed out the more refs and opposing coaches scout her.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54917
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Err NO In my opinion- not bigger at all


Plum is definitely larger than Jefferson. Here they are standing next to each other:

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/CdsZ2QVEuqujM0Z-yR_y5vkZiH8=/0x307:3600x2332/1600x900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/54867261/GettyImages_683389150.0.jpg



_________________
Happiness depends, as Nature shows,
Less on exterior things than most suppose
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 5437



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:
Err NO In my opinion- not bigger at all


Plum is definitely larger than Jefferson. Here they are standing next to each other:

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/CdsZ2QVEuqujM0Z-yR_y5vkZiH8=/0x307:3600x2332/1600x900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/54867261/GettyImages_683389150.0.jpg


I have looked at Plum and Jefferson near each other on the court and Plum appears taller, but closer than I expected Can't find a good picture where they are right next to each other though.





bballjunkie



Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 301



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jeffer Plays much "bigger" than Plum who is no where near the athlete Jefferson is.


UK1996



Joined: 03 Sep 2015
Posts: 261



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd take a healthy Jefferson over Plum any day. I think a healthy Jefferson can become a top 3 pg in the future.



_________________
Kentucky Wildcats, Sky, & Spurs
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14563



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/17 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
I'd take a healthy Jefferson over Plum any day. I think a healthy Jefferson can become a top 3 pg in the future.



X________________



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Angus24



Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 670
Location: South Dakota


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/09/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree 100% with dtsnms and ClayK. Use the 3 guard lineup and make other teams match up. I think SAS needs that sort of firepower on the perimeter with only Harrison providing any consistent scoring in the post. Seems to me that SAS could be a playoff team if they could get another top quality post player in a trade or in the draft. I think SAS would be crazy to trade Plum or McBride and I doubt that anybody would take Jefferson at this point. I hope I am wrong but I fear that Jefferson may have a nagging injury that will never go away.


Angus24



Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 670
Location: South Dakota


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/09/17 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am kind of thinking VJ will get an extension. She teaches good team defense and lets McBride do her thing which some coaches would not. I don't know if she has any skills at coaching post players but hopefully maybe one of the assistants does. Hard to judge her player management skills in games with her in the player development mode most of the time. I think it will come down to what sort of agreement she had with Riley with respect to team development.


scrappy



Joined: 18 May 2006
Posts: 1703



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/09/17 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
I agree 100% with dtsnms and ClayK. Use the 3 guard lineup and make other teams match up. I think SAS needs that sort of firepower on the perimeter with only Harrison providing any consistent scoring in the post. Seems to me that SAS could be a playoff team if they could get another top quality post player in a trade or in the draft. I think SAS would be crazy to trade Plum or McBride and I doubt that anybody would take Jefferson at this point. I hope I am wrong but I fear that Jefferson may have a nagging injury that will never go away.


yeah? the problem is the other teams will use the 2 guards lineup and make you match up.



_________________
She's blonde, she can block. She is 6 foot five, she can deny. Though she is tall, she definitely can score. ya'al think she is quite nice, but on the court she can put up a fight.
Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 416



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/09/17 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
Angus24 wrote:
I agree 100% with dtsnms and ClayK. Use the 3 guard lineup and make other teams match up. I think SAS needs that sort of firepower on the perimeter with only Harrison providing any consistent scoring in the post. Seems to me that SAS could be a playoff team if they could get another top quality post player in a trade or in the draft. I think SAS would be crazy to trade Plum or McBride and I doubt that anybody would take Jefferson at this point. I hope I am wrong but I fear that Jefferson may have a nagging injury that will never go away.


yeah? the problem is the other teams will use the 2 guards lineup and make you match up.


Yeah, "making other teams match up" to your three-guard lineup sounds like a good idea, until you've got a 5'8" guard checking Shekinna Stricklen on a common switch.



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14466
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/09/17 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
scrappy wrote:
Angus24 wrote:
I agree 100% with dtsnms and ClayK. Use the 3 guard lineup and make other teams match up. I think SAS needs that sort of firepower on the perimeter with only Harrison providing any consistent scoring in the post. Seems to me that SAS could be a playoff team if they could get another top quality post player in a trade or in the draft. I think SAS would be crazy to trade Plum or McBride and I doubt that anybody would take Jefferson at this point. I hope I am wrong but I fear that Jefferson may have a nagging injury that will never go away.


yeah? the problem is the other teams will use the 2 guards lineup and make you match up.


Yeah, "making other teams match up" to your three-guard lineup sounds like a good idea, until you've got a 5'8" guard checking Shekinna Stricklen on a common switch.


Um have you ever seen Stricklen do something other then shoot? She doesnt post up or takes advantage of smaller defenders..



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 416



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/09/17 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Yeah, "making other teams match up" to your three-guard lineup sounds like a good idea, until you've got a 5'8" guard checking Shekinna Stricklen on a common switch.


Um have you ever seen Stricklen do something other then shoot? She doesnt post up or takes advantage of smaller defenders..


Are you under the impression that height is only an advantage when you're posting up? What the hell is Plum going to do to contest her jump shot?



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14466
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/10/17 2:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Yeah, "making other teams match up" to your three-guard lineup sounds like a good idea, until you've got a 5'8" guard checking Shekinna Stricklen on a common switch.


Um have you ever seen Stricklen do something other then shoot? She doesnt post up or takes advantage of smaller defenders..


Are you under the impression that height is only an advantage when you're posting up? What the hell is Plum going to do to contest her jump shot?


There will not be much difference with the Stricklen example is what i mean.
She shoots 41% from 3 while coming off screens against REAL SF's. She doesnt really go 1 on 1, iso's, hardly drives or post up. So IMO putting a smaller defender on Stricklen who is maybe faster running over screens and preventing her to catch the ball in the first place might not be a bad idea. So that example is not very good.

Players like Maya, Clark, Beard etc. might decide that its a better idea to post her up and take that advantage



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 416



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/10/17 4:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It shouldn't make a difference. We're talking about a six-inch height advantage; it won't matter if they're "fast enough" to get over the screen, and if it does, that's the coach's fault. Changing the angle of the pass is a relatively minor adjustment and, once she actually gets the ball, they can't so much as bother her shot.



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54917
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/27/17 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Moriah Jefferson underwent successful surgery on her right knee today



_________________
Happiness depends, as Nature shows,
Less on exterior things than most suppose
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19545
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/27/17 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Moriah Jefferson underwent successful surgery on her right knee today

We obviously don't know when she might've aggravated things, but it seems like they probably should've just let her have this done months ago.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Angus24



Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 670
Location: South Dakota


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/30/17 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder why no explanation was given as to the type of surgery. Hope its not just a temporary fix for something that will be a long term problem. If that is the case her career may not last very long.


StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 9989
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/13/17 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To the San Antonio Stars fans:

My condolences to you for the impending loss of your WNBA team. Sad



_________________
"My mechanic told me, 'I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder'." - comedian Steven Wright
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 44342



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/14/17 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Alex Montgomery, although probably not starter quality in a great team, has looked good enough that Laimbeer probably wishes he had her back.


Shocked



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 44342



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/14/17 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hammon on WNBA leaving San Antonio: ‘It sucks’

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Hammon-on-WNBA-leaving-San-Antonio-It-sucks-12277182.php

Quote:
"I'm sad," Hammon told the Express-News before the Spurs' preseason game in Houston on Friday. "I put a lot of literal blood, sweat and tears into that team. I'm more sad for the young girls and boys in the area. I'm sad for the next generation."


Quote:
She also made this much clear: She has no desire to see her No. 25 moved to an arena in Las Vegas or any other city that is not San Antonio.

"What I did, I did in San Antonio," Hammon said. "I don't think we should be lost and forgotten or swept under the rug either. I think it should remain. If it made a difference to one, two, three or hundreds — and I think it made an impact on countless girls — maybe they go back to the AT&T Center in 10 years and said, 'I remember when we went to a game there. What we did was special, and I don't think it should be forgotten."



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5460



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/14/17 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's Go Bill!



_________________
Texas Lady Longhorns
UConn Huskies

Las Vegas Stars
Dallas Wings
Seattle Storm
Chicago Sky
Connecticut Sun
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14563



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/14/17 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Becky's jersey will still hang in the AT&T Center since she's with the Spurs?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 44342



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/14/17 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Maybe Becky's jersey will still hang in the AT&T Center since she's with the Spurs?


You must have read my quote.


So toad, when are you going to change the name of this thread?

"Las Vegas Stars 2018" should do in interim.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6217
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/14/17 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see Laimbeer going with any kind of Jefferson/Plum/McBride triad. If he's been handed both HC/GM jobs again, how much player movement can we expect?



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14563



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/14/17 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Maybe Becky's jersey will still hang in the AT&T Center since she's with the Spurs?


You must have read my quote.


So toad, when are you going to change the name of this thread?

"Las Vegas Stars 2018" should do in interim.


I think it's best to wait until an official announcement is made.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 14563



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/14/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
I don't see Laimbeer going with any kind of Jefferson/Plum/McBride triad. If he's been handed both HC/GM jobs again, how much player movement can we expect?


I see Plum going to possibly Seattle. Plum for the #5? Laimbeer goes with Jefferson/McBride/DeShields/Wilson/Harrison



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6217
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/14/17 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
stever wrote:
I don't see Laimbeer going with any kind of Jefferson/Plum/McBride triad. If he's been handed both HC/GM jobs again, how much player movement can we expect?


I see Plum going to possibly Seattle. Plum for the #5? Laimbeer goes with Jefferson/McBride/DeShields/Wilson/Harrison


I could see that happening, hopefully with better returns for Seattle than the Swords deal a year ago.



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin