Board Junkies Forums

Las Vegas Aces 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 06/06/18 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
myrtle wrote:
well, I'm not ragging on T. Young nearly as much because IMO her performance has improved. She still can't shoot for shit but at least she's not continually
hoisting up unmakeable shots nearly as much. And I think her defense has finally almost caught up to the hype.

If Hamby starts regularly performing like in the last game, my mouth will effectively be shut about her as well.

I do like to see players improve. But it's kinda fun to have a few to poke at as well. Razz

Tess Picknell, Sarah Boothe, and Shannon Coffee are all clearly out to get you.

Tess, Sarah, and Shannon who???? Cool Laughing Well, hopefully they got/are getting a worthwhile diploma while bench sitting. As the old NCAA ad says, "we can't all go pro"

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 06/08/18 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 06/08/18 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't mean to be that person, but when are we going to see something from Plum this season? She's played just 4 games, but hasn't really shown anything.

14.7mpg
5.0ppg
2.8apg
1.3rpg
1.2TOpg

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 06/08/18 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sequoia Holmes has been signed by the Aces due to an injury hardship. I guess Jefferson will be out longer than anticipated, plus injuries to Coffey & Swords.

shontay33

PostPosted: 06/08/18 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I don't mean to be that person, but when are we going to see something from Plum this season? She's played just 4 games, but hasn't really shown anything.

14.7mpg
5.0ppg
2.8apg
1.3rpg
1.2TOpg

The problem is that Plum is not a point guard. Her ball skills and decision making are very poor. She really can’t keep up with other pg’s either on the defensive end. She is better suited playing the wing where she can be a scorer. Coaches need to stop trying to make players be something they are not.

chapulana

PostPosted: 06/09/18 4:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

14.7mpg
5.0ppg
2.8apg
1.3rpg
1.2TOpg

The problem is that Plum is not a point guard. Her ball skills and decision making are very poor. She really can’t keep up with other pg’s either on the defensive end. She is better suited playing the wing where she can be a scorer. Coaches need to stop trying to make players be something they are not.

This is definitely it with Plum. The best moments she's had this season have been those when she has gone on her own, let's say, and she has shot her shot without caring about a thing. Not a lot of time doing it, but it definitely shows what she's good at and how she should be used.

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 06/14/18 6:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

AHHHHHHHHHHRHHGHGHRHHGHGHGH!!

Shades

PostPosted: 06/16/18 1:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but Holmes has been released so Coffey could be activated.

I dunno.... is a team supposed to get an injury exemption if the player is only out 8 days instead of the speculated 3 weeks?

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/16/18 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but Holmes has been released so Coffey could be activated.

I dunno.... is a team supposed to get an injury exemption if the player is only out 8 days instead of the speculated 3 weeks?

Emergency exception vs hardship. The three weeks requirement is for hardship. Emergency exceptions are based on the number of available players, not the seriousness of injuries. LVA had three unuseable players -- Coffey, Jefferson, Harrison -- so they qualified for an emergency exception.

PostPosted: 06/16/18 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there any official word on Izzy or MoJeff? Izzy tweeted recently that she was glad to be back in school finishing her Master's, so it doesn't sound like she'll be in a game uniform anytime soon. Aces are very weak in the post at present.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/16/18 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Shades wrote:

Emergency exception vs hardship. The three weeks requirement is for hardship. Emergency exceptions are based on the number of available players, not the seriousness of injuries. LVA had three unuseable players -- Coffey, Jefferson, Harrison -- so they qualified for an emergency exception.

Since Harrison is temporarily suspended, don’t they already have a replacement player for her? Not sure why she would factor into the equation.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/16/18 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Is there any official word on Izzy or MoJeff? Izzy tweeted recently that she was glad to be back in school finishing her Master's, so it doesn't sound like she'll be in a game uniform anytime soon. Aces are very weak in the post at present.

Oh, more scandal? Harrison’s not really off for health reasons?

wnba.com projected Jefferson to be back July 1.

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/16/18 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Shades wrote:

Since Harrison is temporarily suspended, don’t they already have a replacement player for her? Not sure why she would factor into the equation.

You're right, I forgot Harrison was suspended. The exceptions are approved by a league doctor. It looks like Coffey simply recovered more quickly than anybody expected.

Quote:
(7) Notwithstanding a determination by the WNBA Physician that a player has suffered a Disabling Injury, Illness, or Condition, such player, upon recovering from her injury, illness, or condition, may begin play. In such event, however, the Team shall immediately terminate the Replacement Contract of the Replacement Player.

PostPosted: 06/16/18 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Oh, more scandal? Harrison’s not really off for health reasons?

wnba.com projected Jefferson to be back July 1.

Izzy had tweeted a few days earlier something about liking the staff in her doctor's office, so I would guess the health reasons are real and projected recovery time was sufficient to allow her to re-enroll in school. Of course, I could be reading way too much into a couple of tweets. Maybe if MoJeff is ready to contribute right away, they can trade Plum for a decent post and keep Allen for a backup PG...she's done a reasonable job so far.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/19/18 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think this is pretty amazing for the Aces.

https://lasvegasmagazine.com/entertainment/2018/jun/15/las-vegas-aces-mandalay-bay-wnba-basketball/#/0

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/19/18 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Maybe if MoJeff is ready to contribute right away, they can trade Plum for a decent post and keep Allen for a backup PG...she's done a reasonable job so far.

What are they going to get for Plum at the moment? She does basically nothing beyond shoot threes. Vegas got Allen off waivers, Dallas got Romero off the street, players like Sydney Colson are still sat on their couch waiting for a phone call... I feel like we're still waiting for any real signs that Plum is above that group who are available for free.

PostPosted: 06/19/18 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless Plum goes to Seattle to backup Canada/Loyd once Bird retires, I doubt she has any trade value at this point. And I only say Seattle just for marketing.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/19/18 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I think this is pretty amazing for the Aces.

Calling the height police. If Wilson is really 6-5, then Laimbeer is not 6-11 as always claimed. More like 6-8 to 6-9. And we know Wilson is probably not 6-5 anyway.

Razz

pilight

PostPosted: 06/19/18 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Unless Plum goes to Seattle to backup Canada/Loyd once Bird retires, I doubt she has any trade value at this point. And I only say Seattle just for marketing.

What is it that Canada is doing better than Plum?

PostPosted: 06/19/18 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

What is plum doing period ?

PostPosted: 06/19/18 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

She's shooting well from three. Her TS% is the same as A'ja Wilson's. She has an ATO over 2 (better than supposed PGs like Jasmine Thomas and Renee Montgomery) with an AST% of 26.4.

I'll repeat the question, what is it that Canada is doing better than Plum?

PostPosted: 06/19/18 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Playing for a team with a better record?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/19/18 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Playing for a team with a better record?

So Plum should have gotten herself drafted onto a team with three No. 1 picks and two Olympians?

Maybe Canada is better than Kayla McBride too?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/19/18 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

She's shooting well from three. Her TS% is the same as A'ja Wilson's. She has an ATO over 2 (better than supposed PGs like Jasmine Thomas and Renee Montgomery) with an AST% of 26.4.

The analytics will always make a player look good , but its obvious plum is not a PG and not doing so well right now . Heck shes been playing like this since she entered the league thus the reason shes considered a bust. Throw out the numbers and watch her play its disappointing . Her ATO might look good but shes only playing half the game with LA taking over the 2nd half of most games . If plum played a full 40 we would not be discussing her ATO as a good stat of hers .

PostPosted: 06/19/18 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

The analytics will always make a player look good , but its obvious plum is not a PG and not doing so well right now . Heck shes been playing like this since she entered the league thus the reason shes considered a bust. Throw out the numbers and watch her play its disappointing . Her ATO might look good but shes only playing half the game with LA taking over the 2nd half of most games . If plum played a full 40 we would not be discussing her ATO as a good stat of hers .

I don't think Plum has been very good. She has been better than last year and has some positive aspects. I'd take her in ATL over Dietrick or Lucas.

Canada, OTOH, has been awful. She hasn't hit a shot in 2 1/2 weeks. She's shown nothing to suggest she's the heir apparent to Bird and certainly nothing to suggest she's better than Plum.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30

Jump to: