RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Las Vegas Aces 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/20/18 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Nice to hear they're looking at 10k for their home opener.

Yeah, but the same crystal ball says they’ll be the #6 seed in the playoffs. I don’t think this guy is exactly a Miss Cleo.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 05/20/18 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Nice to hear they're looking at 10k for their home opener.

Actually, we have altered our configuration a bit, blocking off one end zone section as a back drop to a fan zone area, so we are more like 7500 to 8000 capacity now.

Looking good for a capacity crowd for the home opener though.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/22/18 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess a good sign for the aces if possible Plum just landed im town!

PostPosted: 05/23/18 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McBride and Plum have been "activated". Louis & Schimmel waived.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/24/18 2:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any chance Laimbeer decides to keep L. Allen as the starter and use Plum as instant offense at the 1 and 2 behind L. Allen and McBride?

L. Allen/Plum/Jefferson
McBride/Colson
Young/Nared
Wilson/Hamby
Swords/Bone/Park

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/24/18 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Any chance Laimbeer decides to keep L. Allen as the starter and use Plum as instant offense at the 1 and 2 behind L. Allen and McBride?

L. Allen/Plum/Jefferson
McBride/Colson
Young/Nared
Wilson/Hamby
Swords/Bone/Park

That makes sense, as the second unit lacks scoring. Allen is more of a facilitator and Plum is more of a scorer. But I still think Plum gets a ton of minutes at PG before Jefferson returns.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/24/18 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a hard time seeing Jefferson as third string PG, especially behind Allen and Plum.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/24/18 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
I have a hard time seeing Jefferson as third string PG, especially behind Allen and Plum.

I think J-Spoon was just putting her there as a place-holder because she's not playing at all, rather than suggesting that's where she'd end up once available.

As for Allen continuing to start, I could certainly see it in the short-term because Plum's never played under Laimbeer before. Allen's a pretty new arrival in Vegas, but she knows what Bill wants to run and how to run it. Doubt it holds long-term, though. This team has had so little shooting with their lineups so far, and while Allen's looked pretty good at what she does, Plum (and McBride, and Jefferson) adds a threat from outside that they desperately need.

PostPosted: 05/24/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

L. Allen/Plum/Jefferson
McBride/Colson
Young/Nared
Wilson/Hamby
Swords/Bone/Park

Almost. No Colson, sub Coffey.

PG: Allen/Jefferson
SG: McBride/Plum
SF: Young/Nared
PF: Wilson/Coffey/Hamby
C: Swords/Park/Bone

Coffey did well at PF in their last game, so if Young starts at SF, I can see Coffey backing up Wilson at PF.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/24/18 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Coffey did well at PF in their last game

Dunno when that was. Coffey's been playing the 3 almost exclusively so far this season, and looks all the better for it.

PostPosted: 05/24/18 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I think J-Spoon was just putting her there as a place-holder because she's not playing at all, rather than suggesting that's where she'd end up once available.

Gotcha, because that threw me off a little bit. Laughing

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/27/18 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any word on Jefferson? Timeline?

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/27/18 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Coffey did well at PF in their last game

Dunno when that was. Coffey's been playing the 3 almost exclusively so far this season, and looks all the better for it.

Coffey's looking close to all star quality. Last year she looked tentative and this year is throwing caution to the wind and just going for it. Nice to see the year 2 upgrade.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/02/18 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Aces have now played 2 home games and fans have been treated to 95 fouls and 122 FT attempts. I have to wonder if the refs are losing money at the tables, getting into a bad mood and taking it out on the floor.

Just wondering. Question

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/02/18 12:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bad news for League Pass users in the west. Today the Aces inked a deal to have their home games televised by AT&T Sports Net.

http://aces.wnba.com/news/las-vegas-announces-telecast-agreement-with-att-sportsnet/

Presumably this means that the Las Vegas games will now be blacked out throughout the mountain west as their TV area extends throughout Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, and parts of Southern California and Northern Arizona. I know that the game was blacked out for me in Northern Nevada (400+ miles from Las Vegas) and I noticed in the thread on the game that the game seemed to be blacked out in Oregon. I suspect that this will now be true for road games as well even though these games will not be televised.

We should get more clarity about the overall impact on Sunday when the Aces play the Sky. I'm curious as to how many others are affected.

chapulana

PostPosted: 06/02/18 3:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know what to think of Plum's season start. Three games, 10/23/10 minutes played, a total of 9 points, 9 assists, 5 rebounds... People is calling for a starting role (?) for her and putting her under a lot of scrutiny that I feel this could end badly. So far I don't think she's succumbing to the "pressure" but if this goes on for a while I'm afraid she may get stuck for real.

Obviously a #1 pick, and with that come the expectations, but I really think everybody is waiting for her to fail night in night out to go and bash her performances.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/02/18 7:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think she's succumbing to pressure - I think to this point she's just being outplayed by Lindsay Allen. Plum hasn't earned the starting spot or more time than she's getting, so Laimbeer hasn't given it to her. Which is a little worrying for you prized #1 pick.

There's an argument that her ceiling is higher than Allen's so they should throw Plum in and give her the chance to learn on the job, but I don't blame them for making her earn it. Hit a few shots and vaguely excite somebody before they hand you the keys.

PostPosted: 06/02/18 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Allen's made more of her opportunities so far and is helping the team more. That doesn't translate to giving more time to Plum, IMO.

stever

PostPosted: 06/06/18 10:16 am    ::: Hamby emerges for Aces Reply Reply with quote

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/basketball/aces-wnba/fourth-year-forward-dearica-hamby-emerges-for-aces/

Quote:
Hamby was drafted No. 6 overall by the San Antonio Stars in 2015 and worked through injuries as a rookie. She became pregnant at the end of her second season, gave birth in February 2017 and spent most of last year finding her form and readjusting to her body.

“That took a lot longer than I expected,” Hamby said. “I feel like it took almost a full year for me to feel like myself, just from the way your body moves now. Everything has changed. I was physically in shape … But I was just a step behind.”

Not anymore.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/06/18 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coffey injures ankle
Aces forward Nia Coffey could miss a few weeks with an ankle injury, Laimbeer said. Coffey left Sunday’s game in the first half and did not return. She didn’t practice Tuesday.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 06/06/18 11:28 am    ::: Re: Hamby emerges for Aces Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/basketball/aces-wnba/fourth-year-forward-dearica-hamby-emerges-for-aces/

Quote:
Hamby was drafted No. 6 overall by the San Antonio Stars in 2015 and worked through injuries as a rookie. She became pregnant at the end of her second season, gave birth in February 2017 and spent most of last year finding her form and readjusting to her body.

“That took a lot longer than I expected,” Hamby said. “I feel like it took almost a full year for me to feel like myself, just from the way your body moves now. Everything has changed. I was physically in shape … But I was just a step behind.”

Not anymore.

good article. maybe I better cut her more slack. Very Happy

- Amanda Gorman
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/06/18 1:38 pm    ::: Re: Hamby emerges for Aces Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
stever wrote:

Quote:

Not anymore.

good article. maybe I better cut her more slack. Very Happy

Laughing Mr. Green

Randy

PostPosted: 06/06/18 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And we will see how long that lasts.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/06/18 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well, I'm not ragging on T. Young nearly as much because IMO her performance has improved. She still can't shoot for shit but at least she's not continually
hoisting up unmakeable shots nearly as much. And I think her defense has finally almost caught up to the hype.

If Hamby starts regularly performing like in the last game, my mouth will effectively be shut about her as well.

I do like to see players improve. But it's kinda fun to have a few to poke at as well. Razz

- Amanda Gorman
Coyotes

PostPosted: 06/06/18 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
well, I'm not ragging on T. Young nearly as much because IMO her performance has improved. She still can't shoot for shit but at least she's not continually
hoisting up unmakeable shots nearly as much. And I think her defense has finally almost caught up to the hype.

If Hamby starts regularly performing like in the last game, my mouth will effectively be shut about her as well.

I do like to see players improve. But it's kinda fun to have a few to poke at as well. Razz

Tess Picknell, Sarah Boothe, and Shannon Coffee are all clearly out to get you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 27 of 30

Jump to: