Las Vegas Aces 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 12/11/17 1:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MGM Resorts WNBA Team Will Be Las Vegas Aces

https://vitalvegas.com/mgm-resorts-wnba-team-will-be-las-vegas-aces/

Quote:
Despite reports otherwise, we hear reliably when the WNBA’s San Antonio Stars relocate to Vegas, they’ll be known as the Las Vegas Aces.

Quote:
Las Vegas Aces is short, sweet and a far cry from the name of our new hockey team’s name that has little to nothing to do with Las Vegas: Vegas Golden Knights. They’ve done pretty well so far, so we’ll cut them some slack.

Quote:
While we are not a sports person, the Internet says there was a previous American Basketball Assn. team called the Las Vegas Aces. They moved to Vegas in 2008, then relocated to Eatonville, Florida in 2011.

It should also be noted a Twitter account was recently created, @LasVegasAcesBB. It says it’s the official account of the Las Vegas Aces, but it’s unknown if that’s true or if it’s a squatter. Time will tell, but we were the account’s first follower.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 12/11/17 3:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Works for me

PostPosted: 12/11/17 4:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, innocuous and reasonable enough. A search on Twitter suggests it's a very popular name for fake teams though, so who knows if they found the right Twitter account. Plenty of other real teams seem to have tried it over the years too (a cursory look found a volleyball team and an in-line hockey team, plus that former ABA basketball franchise), so I'm a little surprised they didn't look for slightly fresher ground.

PostPosted: 12/11/17 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so we get an official announcement from the league later today with the name change and hopefully a logo. I would have prefered Pride, but I'm good with Aces. Stars would have been ok, too, but I like the name change for Vegas.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 12/11/17 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can just hear the announcers now "McBride shoots from 3 - Another ace in the hole!." Or "Score tied 3 seconds to go. Laimbeer calls a timeout. Does he have an ace up his sleeve?" In fact, they will probably start calling 3's Aces and 2's deuces.

toad455

PostPosted: 12/11/17 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The announcement will be made at 5pm EST on WNBA.com, NBATV & their Twitter page.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/11/17 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You guys seemed to have skipped over the other big story I brought to this thread last night. Hamby roughed up a player in the Italian league so bad that they brought her to the hospital.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 12/11/17 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You guys seemed to have skipped over the other big story I brought to this thread last night. Hamby roughed up a player in the Italian league so bad that they brought her to the hospital.

I did watch the video. She basically pushed the player and the player fell and hit her head. I wouldn't call it "roughing up" as much as "unintended consequences." Still bad but what is there to say other than stupid of her?

Randy

PostPosted: 12/11/17 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Illustrates the problem - you never know what kind of injury might be the result from some extra pushing, shoving, throwing an elbow or the like.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/11/17 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I did watch the video. She basically pushed the player and the player fell and hit her head. I wouldn't call it "roughing up" as much as "unintended consequences." Still bad but what is there to say other than stupid of her?

Seems like LVFO's type of player . She probably will stick around , maybe 6th player off the bench .

PostPosted: 12/11/17 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Illustrates the problem - you never know what kind of injury might be the result from some extra pushing, shoving, throwing an elbow or the like.

Randy: You have an extra "in not" in your profile.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/11/17 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I think that's a pretty generous interpretation of the video. Hamby chased after her and took a bit of a swing, and then once her opponent went down, stood over her and appeared to be continuing to scream things at her. Most of the damage appeared to be 'unlucky' (the result of the fall rather than the push/hit), but it was still a nasty sequence from Hamby. Good thing the other girl was released from hospital pretty quickly. Serious damage could've meant serious trouble for Hamby. Different countries have different rules about potential criminal prosecution for things like that.

PostPosted: 12/11/17 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I think that's a pretty generous interpretation of the video. Hamby chased after her and took a bit of a swing, and then once her opponent went down, stood over her and appeared to be continuing to scream things at her. Most of the damage appeared to be 'unlucky' (the result of the fall rather than the push/hit), but it was still a nasty sequence from Hamby. Good thing the other girl was released from hospital pretty quickly. Serious damage could've meant serious trouble for Hamby. Different countries have different rules about potential criminal prosecution for things like that.

I didn't mean to minimize her behavior - it was really bad. I just meant that she hadn't done it in a deliberate way to cause injury. Like I said, it was stupid of her to do any part of it and unhappy that the circumstances caused injury.

Randy

PostPosted: 12/11/17 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Randy wrote:

Randy: You have an extra "in not" in your profile.

Thanks. Embarassed Edited. The nice thing is it fixes all my past mistakes in prior posts as well. If only life was like that.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 12/11/17 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Las Vegas WNBA Announcement
WNBA is live now.

Watch live for a special announcement from WNBA President Lisa Borders & the Las Vegas WNBA franchise!

Idea

toad455

PostPosted: 12/11/17 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bunch of Golden Knights in attendance for the announcement. Good turnout, too.

toad455

PostPosted: 12/11/17 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MGM investing $10 million to renovate Mandalay Bay Arena. Arena will be ready by start of season.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/11/17 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ticket prices $20-$65
Name's definitely not the "Stars"

Laimbeer expects draft picks #1 & #13 to make the team.

toad455

PostPosted: 12/11/17 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Ticket prices $20-$65
Name's definitely not the "Stars"

Laimbeer expects draft picks #1 & #13 to make the team.

Seems standard. Team will have VIP tables courtside for premium prices.

Team name officially Las Vegas Aces.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 12/11/17 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://aces.wnba.com already works!

toad455

PostPosted: 12/11/17 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades

toad455

so the team colors are black, white & red?

pilight

PostPosted: 12/11/17 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone should change the thread title

PostPosted: 12/11/17 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Logo is hott ! Hopefully the jersey's turn out the same , still waiting on Nike to display so im pretty sure that's why were still clueless . The wings jersey better be 100 x's better and get rid of that damn highlighter jersey too !

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 9 of 30

Jump to: