RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Las Vegas Aces 2018
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 09/06/17 11:26 am    ::: Las Vegas Aces 2018 Reply Reply with quote

Stars have a good chance to land the #1 pick. They draft Wilson, plus the #13 pick in a deep draft. Does VJ return as coach? Does a potential line-up of Jefferson-Plum-McBride work best in 2018?

PG: Jefferson/Colson
SG: Plum/Holmes
SF: McBride/Montgomery/Coffey
PF: Wilson/Hamby/#13 pick
C: Harrison/Alexander

Twitter: @TBRBWAY

Last edited by toad455 on 12/11/17 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/06/17 12:08 pm    ::: Re: San Antonio Stars 2018 Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Stars have a good chance to land the #1 pick. They draft Wilson, plus the #13 pick in a deep draft. Does VJ return as coach? Does a potential line-up of Jefferson-Plum-McBride work best in 2018?

Stars might get Wilson, but they have more of a chance of not getting the No. 1 pick than of getting it.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 09/06/17 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Williams would be a better fit for the Stars, they could look in to moving Jefferson, maybe to Indy if they land the 4 pick.
Randy

PostPosted: 09/06/17 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SA may be waiting to see what other coaches become available before deciding on VJ. It would be ironic if they hired Cooper and Dream hired VJ. Laughing

toad455

PostPosted: 09/06/17 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

San Antonio also have the rights to do Santos. So maybe they draft a guard with the #13 pick?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ucbart

PostPosted: 09/06/17 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I think Williams would be a better fit for the Stars, they could look in to moving Jefferson, maybe to Indy if they land the 4 pick.

Does anyone really think Plum will ever be better than a healthy Moriah Jefferson?

pilight

PostPosted: 09/06/17 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

Does anyone really think Plum will ever be better than a healthy Moriah Jefferson?

She could be. I've been in the "Jefferson is overrated" camp all along.

PostPosted: 09/06/17 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ucbart wrote:

You just hate UConn players. Admit it! Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 09/06/17 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
pilight wrote:
ucbart wrote:

You just hate UConn players. Admit it! Laughing

I love Tip Hayes. Swin Cash was always one of my favorites. I've defended Rebecca Lobo more times than I can count. #NotAllHussies

PostPosted: 09/06/17 4:42 pm    ::: Re: San Antonio Stars 2018 Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Stars might get Wilson, but they have more of a chance of not getting the No. 1 pick than of getting it.

An overlooked truism...

ucbart

PostPosted: 09/06/17 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ucbart wrote:

Shocking.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/07/17 2:23 am    ::: Re: San Antonio Stars 2018 Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I think if SA gets #1 and decides to keep everyone this is the route to go. You can also put Jefferson or Plum on the bench (still getting starting minutes backing up the 1 and the two) slide McBride to the 2 spot and either start a current in house SF or even draft someone like Vivians, S. Thomas or Atkins at #13 and start them.

Now if SA doesn't get the #1 pick things get a little more complicated. Also if you don't think Plum and Jefferson can play decent minutes together and/or aren't a fan of McBride at the 3 it gets even trickier. easiest solution draft Deshields or G. Williams to develop as the long tern SF option and figure out what to do with Plum and Jefferson.

I suggested trading Plum and #13 for #5 (where you can your go big if you miss out on Wilson at the 1). I think that trade could also work with Jefferson. Jefferson played with Stewie in the past, Seattle needs an eventual replacement for Bird, and Jefferson's 3 point shooting is a good compliment to what Stewart and Loyd do.

Or really swing for the fences.

I'm not sure Conn goes for this but Jefferson and the lottery pick for C. Ogwumike and Conn's #9 pick. Selling point for Conn, they can keep A. Thomas at the 4 with J. Jones at the 5 full-time which worked well for them this season. They were looking at Jefferson seriously a couple of years ago. Unlike Jefferson/Plum Jefferson/J.Thomas can play together so even if you're bringing Jefferson off the bench there are still starters minutes for her (I like the rotation of J. Thomas/C. Williams and Jefferson a lot actually). Conn could probably try and trade Bentley with Jefferson on board, and could draft Husky G. Williams with SA's lottery pick to pair with Striklen as a 2 headed SF.

SA get C. Ogwumike who if she can prove to be healthy over-seas is the best possible solution to their being awful. Healthy Chiney paired with the Plum/McBride back-court and Harrison brings SA back to relevance in a way nothing else would. If it fails SA still can add someone with the #9 pick who is decent (Nurse, Nared, Billinga, Atkins) and will get a another chance at a top lottery pick in 19 where they can look at Anigwe, Brown, Stevens or McGowan as their answer in the post. So this plan probably is a little too out there but if SA doesn't get the #1 pick they might have to go a little bit out there.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 09/07/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

its Wilson or bust for SA.

Getting Gabby Williams or K. Mitchell if they don't get the #1 pick would be nice but that's not what they need.

unless they make McBride avaliable and do a sign and trade which i highly doubt

i think Plum or Jefferson gets traded this offseason, my bet is on Plum

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/07/17 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:

I think so too, but my bet is on Jefferson.

Question is when.

Do you try to shift the risk of her recovery and trade her now? Or is her value too discounted right now such that you need to wait until people can see she has recovered?

Randy

PostPosted: 09/07/17 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like it is hard (probably not impossible) to trade an injured player. Her value would be pretty discounted. If they were sure of her recovery then Plum could be on the block.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 09/08/17 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

I think so too, but my bet is on Jefferson.

Question is when.

Do you try to shift the risk of her recovery and trade her now? Or is her value too discounted right now such that you need to wait until people can see she has recovered?

Many Question marks no doubt, we are gonna learn alot from Ms. Ruth Riley this off-season to Draft night.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/08/17 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's 80 minutes between two guard positions.

Scrub Colson, Holmes, etc. etc. and go with a three guard rotation of McBride, Plum and Jefferson. Let them all play 25 minutes or so, go with the hot hand game to game.

Make other teams match up with you! And when teams go small, play them all together (CT sometimes plays Williams, Jaz, and Bentley together).

Give it at least a season of all three healthy. No reason to blow up the trio yet.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/08/17 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Scrub Colson, Holmes, etc. etc. and go with a three guard rotation of McBride, Plum and Jefferson. Let them all play 25 minutes or so, go with the hot hand game to game.

Make other teams match up with you! And when teams go small, play them all together (CT sometimes plays Williams, Jaz, and Bentley together).

Give it at least a season of all three healthy. No reason to blow up the trio yet.

X____________

PostPosted: 09/08/17 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Well that's the question isn't it? Is there a reason to trade one of them now?

If your choice of Plum or Jefferson is your primary trade bait to exchange for a much needed 3 or 5, and you think a quality starter at one of those positions will improve your team more than having a three guard rotation, then maybe there is a reason to now blow up the trio.

I don't think anyone is suggesting giving one of them away just for the hell of it or because you have to. For me it's a question of what makes you better - keeping all three, or trading one for a starter at another position (or a high draft choice that you believe will produce a quality starter).

Having all three of those guards may be an unnecessary luxury San Antonio can't afford at this point if they can instead fill a greater need.

Angus24

PostPosted: 09/08/17 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Things would be much clearer if we knew exactly what Jeffersons knee problem is. I can't believe Riley would trade Plum. She is bigger , stronger, and better shooter than Jefferson. I doubt that any team will trade anything really good for Jefferson unless her knee problem is solved. SAS problems are post players. The only one VJ seems confident with is Harrison as she should be. She starts Alexander and then pulls her out for Hamby who seems to be much improved from last year. She left Alexander in in their last game and she had a good game. Nobody seems to mention Montgomery. Is she a keeper? SAS actually has a lot of talented players but little or no team chemistry which will never change until VJ switches from player development mode to team development mode. Would love to know if the player development mode was a joint project of VJ and Riley with the goal of a top draft pick in the 18 draft and shot at the playoffs in 18.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/08/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
Things would be much clearer if we knew exactly what Jeffersons knee problem is. I can't believe Riley would trade Plum. She is bigger , stronger, and better shooter than Jefferson. I doubt that any team will trade anything really good for Jefferson unless her knee problem is solved. SAS problems are post players. The only one VJ seems confident with is Harrison as she should be. She starts Alexander and then pulls her out for Hamby who seems to be much improved from last year. She left Alexander in in their last game and she had a good game. Nobody seems to mention Montgomery. Is she a keeper? SAS actually has a lot of talented players but little or no team chemistry which will never change until VJ switches from player development mode to team development mode. Would love to know if the player development mode was a joint project of VJ and Riley with the goal of a top draft pick in the 18 draft and shot at the playoffs in 18.

Alex Montgomery, although probably not starter quality in a great team, has looked good enough that Laimbeer probably wishes he had her back. Probably like he wishes he had Pierson back, Carson, etc.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/08/17 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

Alex Montgomery, although probably not starter quality in a great team, has looked good enough that Laimbeer probably wishes he had her back. Probably like he wishes he had Pierson back, Carson, etc.

He traded Alex Montgomery for the pick that became Brittany Boyd. He is probably thrilled to have made that move.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/08/17 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

X____________

Problem is, if your coach is gonna refuse to actually use them like that (and VJ never did, even when the three were relatively healthy) then you risk watching their value deteriorate even further. There needs to be a proper buy-in up and down the franchise, from owner, through GM and coach, on down to the players (and their agents).

We're having the same debates and making the same suggestions that we did before the season. Not all of that's down to injury issues.

PostPosted: 09/08/17 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Angus24"]Things would be much clearer if we knew exactly what Jeffersons knee problem is. I can't believe Riley would trade Plum. She is bigger , stronger, and better shooter than Jefferson. I doubt that any team will trade anything really good for Jefferson unless her knee problem is solved. SAS problems are post players. The only one VJ seems confident with is Harrison as she should be. She starts Alexander and then pulls her out for Hamby who seems to be much improved from last year. She left Alexander in in their last game and she had a good game. Nobody seems to mention Montgomery. Is she a keeper? SAS actually has a lot of talented players but little or no team chemistry which will never change until VJ switches from player development mode to team development mode. Would love to know if the player development mode was a joint project of VJ and Riley with the goal of a top draft pick in the 18 draft and shot at the playoffs in 18.[/quote]

Err NO In my opinion- not bigger at all but slower, can't play D, struggles with handles and drives when there is no lane, won't get bailed out the more refs and opposing coaches scout her.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/08/17 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Err NO In my opinion- not bigger at all

Plum is definitely larger than Jefferson. Here they are standing next to each other:

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/CdsZ2QVEuqujM0Z-yR_y5vkZiH8=/0x307:3600x2332/1600x900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/54867261/GettyImages_683389150.0.jpg

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

Jump to: