Chicago Sky 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/12/18 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Shades wrote:
Linnea Harper gets second 7-day contract.

Amber Harris gets 7-day contract on the basis of health exemption for Faulkner and Ndour.

Stocks loves the Ohio Players.

Who doesn't?
Like nine cans of shaving powder, that's funky.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
What's up with Ndour?

Ankle sprain. Probably out 2-3 weeks though they didn't give a timetable.

Also, LOL Amber Harris AGAINNNNNN?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/12/18 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh for fuck's sake Amber. How many times to Harris have to illustrate that she's of no value to this team? Try someone, anyone, else.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Also, LOL Amber Harris AGAINNNNNN?

Confused

pilight

PostPosted: 07/12/18 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Oh for fuck's sake Amber. How many times to Harris have to illustrate that she's of no value to this team? Try someone, anyone, else.

Those Ambers stick together

PostPosted: 07/12/18 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stocks was an assistant at Xavier. I wonder if she helped land Harris for Xavier. Harris might have helped put both her and McGuff on the basketball coaching map.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
RavenDog

PostPosted: 07/12/18 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's too bad WNBA GM/Head Coaching jobs are not in demand. Several of the current coaches were moved into these positions before they were experienced enough and ready, i.e., Stocks, Smith etc.

They may turnout to be good coaches but now they are still maturing and educating themselves, especially in judging WNBA caliber talent. Selecting Jankoska last year along with Gabby Williams over Azura Stevens this year shows the lack of administrative and coaching maturity. She clearly must have known she needed a big PF like Azura. Then there were the trades and non-trades that I won't waste time going into.

Gabby may turn out well when she gets to play one of the three guard positions for Chicago or another team and hopefully so. Gabby is a favorite of mine and in her defense, she clearly stated after the college season ended that she's prefer not to play the PF position but would do so if that's where she was needed. The inexperience and naiveté of Stocks is quite evident without going into any additional reasons for reaching this conclusion.

Chicago is one of my favorite teams so it's not a great feeling looking back at all the GM/Head Coaching blunders, trades, waivers and player defections over the years that otherwise could have made Chicago one of the top teams.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/12/18 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Doesn't make sense, especially with Bulgak available.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/12/18 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Doesn't make sense, especially with Bulgak available.

They've tried Bulgak twice before and decided she wasn't worth it as well.

PostPosted: 07/12/18 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not every player is up for a 7-day contract, especially one in which you have no chance for an extended stay, like the Harris situation. She was probably both familiar and convenient.

YlwJckt999

PostPosted: 07/13/18 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
YlwJckt999 wrote:
Gabby may go the way of Chong - One year and done if she doesn't start putting up points.

Absolutely no chance. You might go from #3 pick that looks absolutely out of her depth and barely plays to out of the league next year (Akhator); but you're not going from #4 pick 26mpg starter to out of the league next year.

The form and motion on her jumper is actually pretty nice - nothing like Alyssa Thomas's broken disaster. It looks like it could be fine with practice. As for her position, Stocks seems to want to put her at the 4, but I don't know if that's an assessment of Williams or of her other options on the roster. Between Dolson, Ndour, Parker and Coates she should have enough other post options if she wanted to go in other directions, and the wing isn't that crowded with essentially just Quigley, DeShields and Copper. Seems like a choice is being made to play her almost exclusively at the 4.

Not that I think Stocks is especially competent, so long-term that may not mean much.

I am a big Gabby fan. I think my post was after another game of scoring 0pts. You are right about her shot. She has great form. At times it looks a little flat but she can make shots if she just shoots. She loses confidence to quickly.

She just needs the video of her shooting over Griner and Taurasi and putting up 26 on a constant loop. She could be a comparable scoring threat as DDD.

(Let's hope Coates continues to improve)

YlwJckt999

PostPosted: 07/13/18 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
YlwJckt999 wrote:
Gabby may go the way of Chong - One year and done if she doesn't start putting up points.

Absolutely no chance. You might go from #3 pick that looks absolutely out of her depth and barely plays to out of the league next year (Akhator); but you're not going from #4 pick 26mpg starter to out of the league next year.

The form and motion on her jumper is actually pretty nice - nothing like Alyssa Thomas's broken disaster. It looks like it could be fine with practice. As for her position, Stocks seems to want to put her at the 4, but I don't know if that's an assessment of Williams or of her other options on the roster. Between Dolson, Ndour, Parker and Coates she should have enough other post options if she wanted to go in other directions, and the wing isn't that crowded with essentially just Quigley, DeShields and Copper. Seems like a choice is being made to play her almost exclusively at the 4.

Not that I think Stocks is especially competent, so long-term that may not mean much.

I am a big Gabby fan. I think my post was after another game of scoring 0pts. You are right about her shot. She has great form. At times it looks a little flat but she can make shots if she just shoots. She loses confidence to quickly.

She just needs the video of her shooting over Griner and Taurasi and putting up 26 on a constant loop. She could be a comparable scoring threat as DDD.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/13/18 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YlwJckt999 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
YlwJckt999 wrote:

Shocked

PostPosted: 07/13/18 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
YlwJckt999 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
YlwJckt999 wrote:

Shocked

I said I was a Gabby fan. Is it a realistic comment (no- but I can dream). Laughing
Truthfully she needs to get in the gym and practice more moves than layup-drives. She has the athletic ability to be a serious scoring threat.

YlwJckt999

PostPosted: 07/13/18 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
YlwJckt999 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
YlwJckt999 wrote:

Shocked

I said I was a Gabby fan. Is it a realistic comment (no- but I can dream). Laughing
Truthfully she needs to get in the gym and practice more moves than layup-drives. She has the athletic ability to be a serious scoring threat.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/30/18 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Harper signed for rest of season.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
tfan

PostPosted: 08/01/18 2:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/07euxWw3CGY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 08/01/18 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy

PostPosted: 08/01/18 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

USA Basketball didn't want her. Rolling Eyes

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/01/18 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
USA Basketball didn't want her. Rolling Eyes

In fairness she was among the candidates. She just got tired of waiting for her chance and decided the Euro passport was more valuable to her than a future shot at Team USA.

I do think she'd be perfect for the job Team USA have wanted their point guards to do over the years, though. A PG who can score - so is always a threat that can't just be ignored - but who's perfectly happy just feeding everyone else around her. A lot of the modern breed are more score-first than her - or if they aren't it's often because they can't shoot.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: