Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/10/17 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
Its possible that marriage troubles messed with her. She was solid her rookie year. Being apart so much can be hard on any marriage. However, she has never lived up to her potential.

Who established her potential? She was the #10 pick.

At this point, I would say Atlanta did when they traded a lottery pick in a rich draft to get her.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/10/17 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Shades wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
Its possible that marriage troubles messed with her. She was solid her rookie year. Being apart so much can be hard on any marriage. However, she has never lived up to her potential.

At this point, I would say Atlanta did when they traded a lottery pick in a rich draft to get her.

but, but, but....they also got T. Young Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 10/11/17 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atl was in the middle of the pack when they made the trade, trading picks before you know what they are is always a risk but I'm guessing they thought the result of the trade would be slight improvement and ending slightly higher in the middle of the pack. If they landed at #6 in the playoffs and the pick ended up being #7 the trade would have been fine. I'm pretty sure they were shocked to end the season on a major losing streak.

Stafford-McGhee is still 6' 7" and still can get blocks and rebounds, if she puts it together in year 3 of her career it won't be that bad of a trade. Even if her ceiling ends up being a Krystal Thomas kind of impact that is still something The Dream need. I can still understand why they rolled the dice with that move.

She had a good rookie season, the coach who gradually increased her minutes left, the star player left, Chicago got back a player who plays the same position (I thought they could play together but I was wrong) who had a career season and Imani never really got it going.

Next season she will have a great opportunity for redemption, and her less than consistent offense will not be an issue playing with Angel, Hayes Williams, and Sykes. I'm not predicting all-star level play, but Contributing on an OK to good team is still within her potential.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/11/17 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Shades wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: