Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 01/30/18 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Check out @Charles33Monroe’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Charles33Monroe/status/958187888100986881?s=09

Question for dream fans ! Will Coach Collen bring Sykes off the bench with angel returning? Sykes gets buckets ATL has a better shot starting her with TIP and Lori Ann, which brings the question Can Angel play the 4 and ATL be effective on defense? Decisions , Decisions, Decisions!

Unless they play small ball with McCoughtry as a PF, I don’t she has much of a choice. Could this turn into another Bentley-Williams conundrum?

I'll be satisfied if they just don't trade Sykes for a player like Ajavon. (I know - I should get over the Bentley some day, but today is not that day.)

Shades

PostPosted: 01/30/18 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Check out @Charles33Monroe’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Charles33Monroe/status/958187888100986881?s=09

Question for dream fans ! Will Coach Collen bring Sykes off the bench with angel returning? Sykes gets buckets ATL has a better shot starting her with TIP and Lori Ann, which brings the question Can Angel play the 4 and ATL be effective on defense? Decisions , Decisions, Decisions!

Unless they play small ball with McCoughtry as a PF, I don’t she has much of a choice. Could this turn into another Bentley-Williams conundrum?

I'll be satisfied if they just don't trade Sykes for a player like Ajavon. (I know - I should get over the Bentley some day, but today is not that day.)

Newsflash: Bentley’s not that good. That’s why she got benched.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 01/30/18 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe not - but she was way better than Ajavon. I should shut up now. They might trade Sykes for Bentley...... Embarassed

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/31/18 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Maybe not - but she was way better than Ajavon. I should shut up now. They might trade Sykes for Bentley...... Embarassed

Sykes for Chong if you likeeee? Laughing

PostPosted: 01/31/18 1:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think it will hurt Atl to experiment with Angel at the 4 spot. They have E. Williams and Stafford McGhee so they could slide to a more traditional line up with both of them in, but the small line up will be able to score, a lot, so what they lose in size they'll make up in offense and speed.

Clarendon
Sykes
Hayes/Holmes
McCoughtry
E. Williams/Imani

Is not a bad start, grab a couple free agent posts (Kizer, C. Little) see if Lyttle or Dantas want to stay in Atlanta, draft a post like Mavunga, Nared or Hines-Allen at #16 if you still don't have enough, or add to the perimeter with whoever falls to 16 between Atkins, S. Thomas, Vivians, Scaife. You can always find a decent guard free agents maybe Perkins or A. Montgomery can give you 10 minute off the bench if you want to move on from Ajevon, and there are always a few decent young guards that get cut.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/31/18 3:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Holmes is taking the year off, so maybe they keep Young or draft a decent SF at #14, or both.

The scary thing with Collen is she might subscribe to the Curt Miller draft newsletter. After last year, I would burn that sucker.

Randy

PostPosted: 01/31/18 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Probably won't matter since we are drafting at 16. I assume that Sienko is charge of drafting anyway.

Randy

PostPosted: 01/31/18 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Don't give them any ideas. I like Chong, but not as well as Sykes. Maybe we can pick her up after Dallas cuts her.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/31/18 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Don't give them any ideas. I like Chong, but not as well as Sykes. Maybe we can pick her up after Dallas cuts her.

You and Zune probably think this is crazy, but I think they may keep Chong. She’s not the type of PG Diggins will have to look over her shoulder about. If they were to draft for example Lexie Brown, then you’d eventually run into the “who’s #1” issues she had with Sims.

zune69

PostPosted: 01/31/18 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

You and Zune probably think this is crazy, but I think they may keep Chong. She’s not the type of PG Diggins will have to look over her shoulder about. If they were to draft for example Lexie Brown, then you’d eventually run into the “who’s #1” issues she had with Sims.

I doubt it.

1.Sim/Diggins had a rivalry going back to college.

2.Many people thought Sims would be a better player than Diggins at the pro level.

3.Sims was the 2nd overall pick(Diggins 3rd overall)

4.Sims led Dallas in scoring when Diggins was injured.

Sims ego and history with Diggins was too big to take a lesser role.Lexie has no history with Diggins,nor will she be a lottery pick....Despite being a bad shooter,I like Chong as the backup.However,Brown is a better shooter,and has a greater upside.But more than anything,i'm really down on Russell(Defensive Rebouding).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/31/18 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree on us *Dallas* keeping chong . She was formidable , did not turn the ball over much at all . For some reason i feel in order for ATL to make a splash in the league this season . Clarendon could be used for Trade Bait if not this year maybe next year .

PostPosted: 01/31/18 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I agree on us *Dallas* keeping chong . She was formidable , did not turn the ball over much at all . For some reason i feel in order for ATL to make a splash in the league this season . Clarendon could be used for Trade Bait if not this year maybe next year .

There are better PG's than Clarendon out there, but none of them can be obtained by trading her. We trade Clarendon and we have no PG. Don't see how she can be traded.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/31/18 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy check your PMs

BamaEd

PostPosted: 01/31/18 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. Keep Clarendon. Her numbers last year I thought were very solid. She's really growing into this role

2. Do y'all think Sancho won't be coming back? I know she's a UFA, but would not coming back to ATL be her decision or the team's decision to you think?

3. I can see Angel playing SOME 4, but just when going small. I don't see her as the starting 4. I would prefer more of an around the basket 4 to complement Williams down low.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/31/18 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
2. Do y'all think Sancho won't be coming back? I know she's a UFA, but would not coming back to ATL be her decision or the team's decision to you think?

Monique Currie put out the rumor that there’s a new PF heading to PHX.
People put two and two together by pointing out that Lyttle played with Griner and Taurasi when she was at UMMC.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/31/18 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't expect Sancho back. She's pretty clearly lost a step in any event, so we would still need a post player.

Ideally McGee-Stafford would develop into a starter so we could move Williams to the 4 where she belongs. Yeah, that means Sykes as 6th woman, which would be OK by me.

PostPosted: 02/01/18 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atl already looking a lot better. I still would keep both Clarendon and Montgomery but it sounds like Monty went to Atl to start, but for now...

Clarendon/Montgomery
Hayes/Sykes
McCoughtry
Breland
E. Williams/Stafford-McGhee

I'd probably try to keep T. Young to back Angel, hope Dantas is on board for 18, grab best available at #16 not bad

sigur3

PostPosted: 02/01/18 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I highly doubt T Young will be back...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/01/18 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
I highly doubt T Young will be back...

History with Lori Ann probably suggests that also

PostPosted: 02/01/18 1:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah I kind of think Young will reunite with Pokey in Indy, but Atl will need someone to back up Angel if Holmes is out for this season. I could see them drafting Hines-Allen at #16 or hoping one of Nared or S. Thomas lasts until #16. A. Montgomery played at GA Tech, maybe she ends up in Atl as Angel's backup.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/01/18 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they're not going to ask Angel to play much 4 and a Clarendon trade isn't necessarily imminent then they've got most of the backup there already. Sykes covers both wing spots, and against certain lineups Clarendon and Montgomery can play together. 5 players for 120 perimeter minutes works out fine (albeit you'd like some cover for the inevitable injuries).

PostPosted: 02/01/18 2:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really like Breland on this team.

I'm liking Collen's moves so far. Now if she can keep all the egos in check it really looks like a team. Big improvement. Of course getting Angel back already means big improvement but adding Breland and Monty and sending Sancho off is all to the good.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 02/01/18 8:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Atl already looking a lot better. I still would keep both Clarendon and Montgomery but it sounds like Monty went to Atl to start, but for now...

Clarendon/Montgomery
Hayes/Sykes
McCoughtry
Breland
E. Williams/Stafford-McGhee

I'd probably try to keep T. Young to back Angel, hope Dantas is on board for 18, grab best available at #16 not bad

Why wouldn't Dantas be back? Brazil did not qualify for the World Cup.

PostPosted: 02/01/18 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Breland is good replacement for Sancho. I know some of the Sky fans were not thrilled with her, but she seemed to do well against us. We finally have some depth at the PG position with two starter quality players. All new coaching staff, new players and Angel's return so it may take some time to get the team to gel.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/01/18 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if they'd start Williams & Dantas with Breland & Imani off the bench?

PG: Clarendon/Montgomery
SG: Hayes/Sykes
SF: McCoughtry/draft pick
PF: Williams/Breland
C: Dantas/Stafford-McGhee

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 5 of 18

Jump to: