RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

2019 Commitments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2110



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/05/18 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
ridor wrote:
I am little surprised - Samantha Brunelle was slated to be No. 1 - what drops her to No. 10?


She has simply not played that well for the last two seasons. Perhaps she came close to her peak very early ...


THIS or they just hadn't checked out a ton of players at that time.


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3865
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/05/18 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raoul reporting that Jada Peebles who verbally committed to North Carolina state when she was 13, has Withdrawn her commitment to the Wolfpack.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1058028492003119104



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3865
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/05/18 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zia Cooke. To South Carolina



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 3135
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/06/18 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Raoul reporting that Jada Peebles who verbally committed to North Carolina state when she was 13, has Withdrawn her commitment to the Wolfpack.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1058028492003119104


13??? Rolling Eyes


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3865
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/08/18 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

News from today who's his Breas Birthday.

Raoul
@Raoul_000
·
8m
WBB: Brea Beal, 6-0 W, Rock Island HS (IL)—ranked #13 in the 2019 class by espnW—has announced her commitment to South Carolina. Second 2019 commit for the Gamecocks, joining Zia Cooke, 5-9 PG, Toledo Rogers HS (OH), ranked #7.


Other finalists were Louisville, Illinois, and Michigan.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17164
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/14/18 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ASGR RECRUITING RANKINGS - ACC COMMITMENTS
Class of 2019
Update – November 14, 2018 (previous rankings and changes from last updates on October 4, 2018 and October 30, 2018 noted in parentheses)

7. Nyah Green (Louisville)
8. Anaya Peoples (Notre Dame)
10. Samantha Brunelle (Notre Dame)
17. Ramani Parker (Louisville)
23. Jaida Patrick (Duke)
24. Azana Baines (Duke)
31. Sammie Puisis (Florida State)
32. Yasmeen Chang (Miami)
37. Jakia Brown-Turner (NC State)
39. River Baldwin (Florida State)
40. Malu Tshitenge-Mutombo (North Carolina)
48. Sydnee Roby (Miami) (new commitment listed)
62. Jennifer Ezeh (Duke)
63. Jada Boyd (NC State) (new commitment listed)
65. Elizabeth Kitley (Virginia Tech)
74. Alexis Duckett (North Carolina)
80. Cayla King (Virginia Tech)
104TR. Madina Muhammed (North Carolina) (transfer from Ole Miss)
112. Briana Jackson (Miami) (down from #111)
121. DaNae McNeal (Clemson) down from #120)
125. Nia Daniel (North Carolina)
127TR. Dani Lawson (Virginia) (transfer from Purdue) (up from #128TR)
134. Alisha Lewis (Georgia Tech) (down from #133)
138. Alexandria “Alex” Scruggs (Wake Forest) (down from #137)
140. Carole Miller (Virginia)
142. Makayla Ennis (Virginia Tech) (new commitment listed)
151. Kaia Harrison (Wake Forest)
156. Kendal Moore (NC State)
168. Dayshanette Harris (Pittsburgh)
182. Camille Hobby (NC State)
204. Taylor Geiman (Virginia Tech)
205. Olivia Summiel (Wake Forest)
241. Rita Igbokwe (Pittsburgh) (new commitment listed)
339. Amber Brown (Pittsburgh) down from #338)
341. Kaylee Stricker (Clemson) down from #340)

NOTE: The following players are not listed among the commitments for their respective schools in the updated 2019 class rankings:
-- Ronni Nwora (recent commitment to Georgia Tech)
-- Clemson: Shania Meertens (recent JUCO commitment to Clemson)
-- Jada Peoples (ranked #115) (de-committed from NC State and gave a verbal commitment to Illinois)

NOTE: The following players are international commitments headed to ACC schools:
-- Clemson: Hanna Hank (Australia)
-- Clemson: Isis Lopez (Australia)
-- Georgia Tech: Nerea Hermosa (Spain)
-- Louisville: Norika Konno (Japan)
-- Pitt: Emy Hayford (Netherlands)
-- Syracuse: Oceanne Montpierre (France)
-- Virginia: Meg Jefferson (Austrlia)
-- Virginia Tech: Makayla Ennis (Canada)
-- Wake Forest: Anaia Hoard (France)

ASGR ranks Makayla Ennis (Virginia Tech) at #142. In addition, ASGR lists Anaia Hoard (Wake Forest) at “#20 Euro” and ranks Meg Jefferson (Australia) at “#54 Int.”

But ASGR does not list rankings for any of the other ACC international commitments.

As an aside, ASGR only (as of November 14, 2018) has listed four commitments with “Euro” (European) rankings:
#20 Euro: Anaia Hoard (Wake Forest)
#23 Euro: Birna Valgerdur Benonysdottir (Arizona)
#60 Euro: Sevval Istanbulluoglu (Butler)
#62 Euro: Mara Mote (Arizona)

As an aside, ASGR only (as of November 14, 2018) has listed four commitments with “Int” (International) rankings:
#35 Int: Charlotte Whittaker (Colorado) (from New Zealand)
#54 Int: Meg Jefferson (Virginia) (from Australia)


ACC Class Rankings - Class of 2019 (ASGR)
https://asgrbasketball.com/louisville-notre-dame-florida-state-highlight-acc-2019-recruiting-class-rankings/

Top Overall Recruiting Class Rankings - Class of 2019 (ASGR)
https://asgrbasketball.com/notre-dame-maryland-and-florida-state-highlight-top-350-recruiting-2019-class-rankings-3/


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9304



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/14/18 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Haley Jones needle may be moving more in Stanford's direction ...

But it really comes down to balancing these two factors:

1) Getting the best possible preparation for a professional career (UConn); or

2) Not going across the country away from friends and family (Stanford).

Again, speculating about a girl's attitude with no info at all: If she wants to get away from home, but not too far away from home, maybe another Pac-12 school could get lucky.

I would expect a decision within a week.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12744



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/14/18 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

But it really comes down to balancing these two factors:

1) Getting the best possible preparation for a professional career (UConn); or

2) Not going across the country away from friends and family (Stanford).



I find it interesting that you consider (1) basketball and (2) proximity to home as the ONLY relevant factors.

At least you're consistent. You refuse for some reason ever to acknowledge that for some, indeed many, young women, (and for many parents) the quality of education and the value of an elite education is an extremely important, often the most important, factor.

Do you have some reason to believe that Jones's interest in Stanford is only geographical, and that she doesn't give a damn about the lifetime opportunity that the Stanford degree provides?

I don't believe anyone applies to or attends Stanford if education isn't a driving concern.

And as someone else here pointed out recently, especially if she doesn't want to be only 45 minutes from home, then Notre Dame provides the best combination of elite education and elite basketball.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7576
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/14/18 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hearing Amihere to SC . Announcement should be tonight , not sure how reliable it is but South Carolina just got a baller if true !



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 1050



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/14/18 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
The Haley Jones needle may be moving more in Stanford's direction ...

But it really comes down to balancing these two factors:

1) Getting the best possible preparation for a professional career (UConn); or

2) Not going across the country away from friends and family (Stanford).

...


By "preparation for professional career," I take it you mean basketball career. For any other professional career, like brain surgeon or rocket scientist, the needle would move even further in Stanford's direction.


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9304



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/14/18 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
ClayK wrote:
The Haley Jones needle may be moving more in Stanford's direction ...

But it really comes down to balancing these two factors:

1) Getting the best possible preparation for a professional career (UConn); or

2) Not going across the country away from friends and family (Stanford).

...


By "preparation for professional career," I take it you mean basketball career. For any other professional career, like brain surgeon or rocket scientist, the needle would move even further in Stanford's direction.


Yes, I did leave out "basketball" -- sorry.

And of course those are not the only two factors, but those appear to be the tipping point factors.

Jones, like most elite players, stands to make several million dollars before the age of 35 playing basketball, and thus the Stanford degree would be the cherry on the top of an already calorie-rich sundae. But of course the Stanford experience counts for a lot ... and Storrs is not nearly as attractive in that regard.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12744



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/14/18 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Jones, like most elite players, stands to make several million dollars before the age of 35 playing basketball,


How many per year is this "most" who have a snowball's chance in hell to make millions playing womens basketball?

And maybe not everyone wants to spend the 6 months of the year living in Turkey or Korea or Eastbumfuckstan that is necessary in order to have any chance at making a decent living.

Two things about a Stanford degree. A decent income is more reliably predictable and you can live anywhere you want.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4850
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/14/18 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jordan Bailey, 6’0 F out of Danielsville, GA (Madison County HS, Atlanta Cagers) to Nikki McCray-Penson and ODU. https://goo.gl/z7Yp9K



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9304



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/14/18 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Jones, like most elite players, stands to make several million dollars before the age of 35 playing basketball,


How many per year is this "most" who have a snowball's chance in hell to make millions playing womens basketball?

And maybe not everyone wants to spend the 6 months of the year living in Turkey or Korea or Eastbumfuckstan that is necessary in order to have any chance at making a decent living.

Two things about a Stanford degree. A decent income is more reliably predictable and you can live anywhere you want.


Very few players make that much money, but the No. 1 recruit in a particular class has to think she has a very good shot at it -- especially if she goes to a college that maximizes her ability.

And of course many don't like to live overseas (Jennifer Azzi was one) but you won't really know until you try. Some players love it.

Finally, if someone like Jones sees herself with a career in basketball, then the Stanford degree isn't necessarily that much better than a UConn degree. If she wants to go into mainframe design or architecture (as Andrew Luck did) or whatever, then it's a different decision.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6538
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/14/18 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Hearing Amihere to SC . Announcement should be tonight , not sure how reliable it is but South Carolina just got a baller if true !


https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/canadian-basketball-phenom-laeticia-amihere-commits-south-carolina/



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4850
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/15/18 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rayne Tucker, 6'1 F from Olney, Md (Good Counsel HS) signs with JMU. Dunno how I missed that...all the news about Kiki Jefferson, I guess.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Hoops9092



Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 1397



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/15/18 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trying to think of recent prospects that came down to a final 2 of UCONN and STANFORD.

Jayne Appel (Stanford)
Chiney Ogwumike (Stanford)
Bonnie Samuelson (Stanford)
Karlie Samuelson (Stanford)
Erica McCall (Stanford)

Sue Bird (UConn over Stanford and Vanderbilt)
Katie Lou Samuelson (UConn, may not have been final 2)


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9304



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/15/18 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of the five who chose Stanford, four were from California.

Of the two who chose UConn, one was from New York.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1332
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/16/18 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Trying to think of recent prospects that came down to a final 2 of UCONN and STANFORD.

Jayne Appel (Stanford)
Chiney Ogwumike (Stanford)
Bonnie Samuelson (Stanford)
Karlie Samuelson (Stanford)
Erica McCall (Stanford)

Sue Bird (UConn over Stanford and Vanderbilt)
Katie Lou Samuelson (UConn, may not have been final 2)


Erica McCall and Chiney were down to Stanford and UCONN. I didn't know that.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23148



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/16/18 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Young people rarely if ever think about the possibility of a career ending injury so I think if you see basketball as your career until you're at least 32 or so, then the degree doesn't mean as much. If you're getting a history or English degree in general it shouldn't mean as much. If you're getting a hard science degree or pre-law, pre-med, etc... then it does make a difference.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
Davis4632



Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 396



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/16/18 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:
Trying to think of recent prospects that came down to a final 2 of UCONN and STANFORD.

Jayne Appel (Stanford)
Chiney Ogwumike (Stanford)
Bonnie Samuelson (Stanford)
Karlie Samuelson (Stanford)
Erica McCall (Stanford)

Sue Bird (UConn over Stanford and Vanderbilt)
Katie Lou Samuelson (UConn, may not have been final 2)


Erica McCall and Chiney were down to Stanford and UCONN. I didn't know that.


I don't know about Chiney, but I don't remember McCall narrowing her choices to UConn and Stanford. I remember her choosing Stanford over UCLA and UConn.


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3865
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/16/18 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rickea Jackson, Hoopgurlz #9 ranked wink out of Detroit to Vic Schaefer.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3085
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/18/18 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal picks up 2 guards:

Cailyn Crocker of Mater Dei in CA
Lauren Fields, Oklahoma


While these players may be serviceable, unless Cal picks up someone else (preferably a big) this looks like their weakest class in more than a decade.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin