RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 Commitments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/21/18 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Major Geno whiff.

PostPosted: 11/21/18 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Major Geno whiff.

Hmmm. D'ya think maybe there actually IS some *clout* that goes with recruiting for your team, whilst also serving the Team USA head coach?? Wink

Interesting that espn doesn't list SC amongst her "also considered" schools. Shocked

Last edited by Howee on 11/21/18 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/21/18 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can Dawn snatch up Jones and make it a Fab Five??? Shocked

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/21/18 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Major Geno whiff.

Hmmm. D'ya think maybe there actually IS some *clout* that goes with recruiting for your team, whilst also serving the Team USA head coach?? Wink

I always felt it paid bigger dividends to coach the U17 and U18 teams, to get your foot in the doors with the girls just entering or going through their recruiting processes. The USA NT is mostly made up of professionals these days, and Staley already had such cache from her days as a pro and multiple gold-medal winning USA player anyways, that she could always turn to that if she wanted to impress on prospects that she can help get them to those levels....

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/22/18 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Aliyah Boston to South Carolina according to ESPN.

If Dawn can't win a national championship with what she's got coming in, it says a lot about her.

PostPosted: 11/22/18 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:

Maybe she won't when she finds out that certain fans are fair weather and misogynists to boot. You aren't actually going to post here again after your crap about women. No we did not forget.

PostPosted: 11/22/18 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Aliyah Boston to South Carolina according to ESPN.

If Dawn can't win a national championship with what she's got coming in, it says a lot about her.

She can win another one with this group for sure and probably will. Good for her - she has always been a class act.

PostPosted: 11/23/18 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

Maybe she won't when she finds out that certain fans are fair weather and misogynists to boot. You aren't actually going to post here again after your crap about women. No we did not forget.

Misogyny is NOT the proper word for people who dislike trolls, which you regularly present yourself as one. No, we won't forget - we won't forget how you trashed a teenage girl and her family for absolutely no reason at all because she didn't choose your favorite school.

I see you haven't made one single negative comment about Haley Jones' decision to make her announcement - when she does make it - in front of ESPN cameras, like the ton of negative comments you made about Wilson. Is that because Jones is still possibly going to choose UConn? Or is it - again, like with Wilson - that you have to wait to find out that Jones will choose another school, before you find the umbrage within you over her actions, and will then at that time trash her too?

What's the fancy big word to describe being pathetic?? I don't want to forget that when I next respond to you......

Davis4632

PostPosted: 11/23/18 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

Misogyny is NOT the proper word for people who dislike trolls, which you regularly present yourself as one. No, we won't forget - we won't forget how you trashed a teenage girl and her family for absolutely no reason at all because she didn't choose your favorite school.

I see you haven't made one single negative comment about Haley Jones' decision to make her announcement - when she does make it - in front of ESPN cameras, like the ton of negative comments you made about Wilson. Is that because Jones is still possibly going to choose UConn? Or is it - again, like with Wilson - that you have to wait to find out that Jones will choose another school, before you find the umbrage within you over her actions, and will then at that time trash her too?

What's the fancy big word to describe being pathetic?? I don't want to forget that when I next respond to you......

I guess some UConn fans learned their about making negative comments about a player that chooses to make their decision on ESPN or a hype up their recruiting. Some of them made negative comments about Megan Walker when she doing some of the same things A'ja Wilson did during her recruitment and she ended up choosing UConn.

ClayK

PostPosted: 11/23/18 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

All of this is mildly amusing, but do we all really need to read it?

PostPosted: 11/23/18 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

I don't want to see a blatant misogynist who was universally vilified by everyone here for making despicable remarks about women in general. So no I personally do not find it amusing that such a person who disparages women should be allowed to post here. I shall continue to call him out until he leaves. Notice that he attacked me but never once refuted what I said about him being a misogynist. This is not just about women, it is about common decency and I am sick and tired of woman being devalued and denigrated and thus all of us being devalued by fools like him and therefore will not shut up until they are all silence - for good. I stand by my post.

PostPosted: 11/23/18 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

I certainly do not care to read it, and I do not find it amusing at all. This is supposed to be a recruiting commitment thread for all WCBB teams, and I made a post here that had zero to do with the other poster, his/her school, or really anything to do with him/her. And for my trouble I get trolled and attacked with baseless accusations.

Which is a huge reason why I don't post much here - I guess a fan of a program that loses the interest in posting on a trivial message board due to abuse becomes a "fairweather" fan, even though I continue to support my teams through thick and thin elsewhere. So I post here for the first time in months, and boom - oh look - the trolls come running just as hard as they can. And no, it's not very amusing to me....

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/23/18 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
I don't want to see a blatant misogynist who was universally vilified by everyone here for making despicable remarks about women in general.

So I am attacked again. Please provide a link or source to your accusations. I have made zero despicable remarks about women in general. And of course I am certain that there are no moderators or administration here, for such a site as this. Because after all, it's infested with fans of Connecticut.....

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 11/23/18 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
I don't want to see a blatant misogynist who was universally vilified by everyone here for making despicable remarks about women in general.

So I am attacked again. Please provide a link or source to your accusations. I have made zero despicable remarks about women in general. And of course I am certain that there are no moderators or administration here, for such a site as this. Because after all, it's infested with fans of Connecticut.....

Last year you made a post that that was universally condemned here on this very forum. I shall find the link and post it. It was not just UCONN fan's but rather many from different schools who found it offensive and YOU KNOW IT. You left after that for a protracted period of time so stop feigning ignorance as you indeed are a despicable person.

PostPosted: 11/23/18 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe you 2 could DM each other ? Laughing Just a thought , as this thread is being hijacked by things from a year ago .

PostPosted: 11/23/18 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:

Last year you made a post that that was universally condemned here on this very forum. I shall find the link and post it. It was not just UCONN fan's but rather many from different schools who found it offensive and YOU KNOW IT. You left after that for a protracted period of time so stop feigning ignorance as you indeed are a despicable person.

I posted an opinion about how women can act negatively towards other women, and surmised that there must be many women posters on this site, and it is a site that is strong on WOMEN'S collegiate basketball, and WOMEN'S professional basketball (WNBA).

I did this as a way for me to try and understand why there were so many ugly, negative, attacking comments and jokes being posted here regarding teenagers and young women who play for college teams. The VAST MAJORITY of which are NOT posted by me, nor are they posted about teams or players I follow. But quite a LOT of them are in fact posted about Dawn Staley as a coach, the players her team, South Carolina, and the WCBB program as whole. Which is the team that I follow.

The vast majority of those posts are negative. In that particular thread, I defended the instant consensus of several posters here, that Dawn Staley and South Carolina was somehow cheating in order to gain the services of several transfer players. Players that were heavily recruited by Staley and her staff, whose families, high school and AAU coaches, and friends had long histories and relationships with.

And where their initial choices for college - not USC - didn't work out well for them. So they chose to transfer to USC. And so, of course, that had to mean that Staley was cheating.

A lot of these same posters also posted on another message board elsewhere for WCBB, and pretty much did the same thing towards Staley and USC, but also towards other programs generally NOT name Connecticut, because those posters were Connecticut fans. So they essentially killed that board - I haven't posted there in years. But guess what? A lot of those posters are posting here....

But nothing I have posted on this site represents mysogyny. I love women, who are deserving of love, and respect them highly, who deserve my respect. All people of all genders have an ugly side to them. The high school girl who wore a cheongsam to her prom and was heavily criticized on social media for it - Chinese and Japanese citizens and representatives of their nations ended up defending the girl and said it wasn't perceived by them to be offensive - they did a survey study that found the VAST majority of negative attacking posters were female. Did you know that?

It's the way it is with social media these days. People can reach out and "touch" other people from great distances, and from behind shields of anonymous user names and identities, and escape repercussions for it. And so, the vast majority of what they have to say is negative, not positive. The term "Body Shaming" is a creation of social networking: do you want to guess the % of negative body shaming towards males are posted by other males, and the % of it for females, are posted by other females? Because they did survey studies for that too....

So I point out a VERY obvious negative side to people, in this case, to female people. Everyone can be very ugly, if they choose to be. It's not sexist, and it's not the definition of mysogyny.

You are confused by the word you're using to attack me with - and based on your own posting history that YOU KNOW I know very well of, I have as much right accusing YOU of mysogyny as you have of accusing me, based on YOUR idea of it's definition.

Only difference is, I made my comments in response to the ugliness I read on this site regularly. You made yours because a teenage girl who never said or did anything to you, didn't choose to play basketball for your school. Who is the more pathetic here???

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/23/18 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Maybe you 2 could DM each other ? Laughing Just a thought , as this thread is being hijacked by things from a year ago .

I agree 100%, although I do not care to PM that poster for any reason. I would simply wish that that poster put me on ignore, if it's a possible function here. I posted to this thread with a post directly related to its context, and was set upon immediately by a troll....

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 11/23/18 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Maybe you 2 could DM each other ? Laughing

Yes please

PostPosted: 11/23/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Yes, it did happen a year ago as you said but there is not time limits on decency or misogyny and will continue to out people like Conway, especially on this forum. Out of respect for the group I shall stop here but to say with regard to Wilson, not just myself, but many posters disdained the process by which she and ESPN choose to announce her commitment, never her, never her family, never any personal insults and no one but no one called me out for being a misogynist like they did Conway a year ago. No one. Again I shall out of respect for the group's wishes not bring it up again. Dr. Ford - respect.

PostPosted: 11/26/18 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kylie Kornegay-Lucas signed with Virginia Cavaliers. No idea who she is.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/26/18 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ridor wrote:
Kylie Kornegay-Lucas signed with Virginia Cavaliers. No idea who she is.

Off-guard (shooting guard) who plays for New Hope Academy. Believe she played for a few different schools and transferred a few times.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 11/28/18 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jones to Stanford.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/28/18 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Jones to Stanford.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy wahoo

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 11/28/18 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Belibi domino effect.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/28/18 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doubt it. More likely just the free Stanford education effect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: