RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA Salary Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/30/17 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
For the Storm it means that we still can get some value for Swords because she has another year on her contract. I thought she was a FA after this season.

I like that Bird signed a contract for 2 more seasons after this one. Yes i know she is going to evaluate year by year if she is going to play but still.
Why are there no figures on langhorne? Is it because we cored her?

Bird signed for the max she could which was 4 years. We were chatting about whether she'd stay past that and try for Tokyo and she really seemed to shrug her shoulders and not put it completely out of the picture (but not in the picture either). My hope is that she will at least play 2018 and be on the World Cup team.

Langhorne was probably that they did not get confirmation of the actual salary.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/30/17 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Nerd2"]
Michelle89 wrote:
For the Storm it means that we still can get some value for Swords because she has another year on her contract. I thought she was a FA after this season.

After the way Seattle has not played her this season, her value is probably virtually nothing.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/30/17 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Langhorne was cored so they had to offer the max and I can't see why she should would want to take less. If I put her in at 113,500 it comes out the $816k - well below that cap (even below the minimum).

mb1

PostPosted: 09/01/17 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad to see this. Have been suggesting someone compile this for years.

Here's a link to the CBA:

https://wnbpa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/WNBA-CBA-2014-2021Final.pdf

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
mb1

PostPosted: 09/09/17 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bump

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
zune69

PostPosted: 09/09/17 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So basically this data base is one big lie....C.Swords is listed as being under contract for 2018.But in the seattle 2018 thread,shades posted a quote that says Swords is a free agent.

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/09/17 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
So basically this data base is one big lie....C.Swords is listed as being under contract for 2018.But in the seattle 2018 thread,shades posted a quote that says Swords is a free agent.

Or...they got one wrong.

"One big lie" seems to be overselling it.

PostPosted: 09/09/17 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Randy wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
The idea that a quarter of the league makes as much (or more!) as Diana Taurasi seems like a design flaw of some kind. I'm trying to imagine if there were a hundred players in the NBA that got paid the same amount of money as LeBron James...

WNBA Players Association is more like a traditional union, where pay is mainly decided by seniority. The rank and file players vote their interests rather than the dupes in the NBA that defer to the superstars.

That may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that I find the idea that there are some role players in the WNBA who make the same amount of money as the best players in the league to be distasteful.

Just as distasteful as role players having the freedom to move from team to team as free agents, as opposed to star players who have to force their way off of a team to go somewhere else. That bothers me even more. But, it's the CBA the players agreed to.

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/09/17 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Randy wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
The idea that a quarter of the league makes as much (or more!) as Diana Taurasi seems like a design flaw of some kind. I'm trying to imagine if there were a hundred players in the NBA that got paid the same amount of money as LeBron James...

WNBA Players Association is more like a traditional union, where pay is mainly decided by seniority. The rank and file players vote their interests rather than the dupes in the NBA that defer to the superstars.

That may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that I find the idea that there are some role players in the WNBA who make the same amount of money as the best players in the league to be distasteful.

Just as distasteful as role players having the freedom to move from team to team as free agents, as opposed to star players who have to force their way off of a team to go somewhere else. That bothers me even more. But, it's the CBA the players agreed to.

Of course there are a lot more "role players" out there than stars, so saying the players agreed to a CBA that rewards role players and hurts stars isn't saying much. If it were just the players affected negatively by these policies voting, I would bet the CBA would look dramatically different...

PostPosted: 09/09/17 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Or...they got one wrong.

"One big lie" seems to be overs it.

Or maybe your understating it......Whitcomb is also a free agent.But is listed as being under contract in the database.So it's not "just one".

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/09/17 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Inaccuracies are different than "lies". Especially on the scale we are talking. It is to be assumed in this sort of pieced together database that there will be things that are incorrect or incomplete. No reason to go all Trump on it.

PostPosted: 09/09/17 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay....I apologize for using the word "lies".My word usage was too strong and misleading at the same time.Some people may get the impression that i'm accusing Megdal of being an intentional liar,and that's certainly not the case.I don't believe Megdal would ever create a fake salary database to get web hits.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/10/17 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, for what it's worth, a lot of the numbers in there are correct, but there are several errors. It also seems to have been assembled by someone who doesn't really understand the rules - so there are errors that could be avoided by simply reading bits of the CBA or understanding contracts, regardless of the quality of 'inside information'.

But like I said, a lot of it's right, and that article about the Storm wasn't exactly 100% on the money either.

PostPosted: 09/11/17 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Instead of criticizing, let us contribute.

Earlier, a link to the CBA was shared.

If we have info that verifies a salary let us share it.

If we have info that refutes a salary share it a well.

Cite sources when able, unless doing so breaches confidence.

Together we should be able to compile a fairly complete and accurate database.

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
caune

PostPosted: 09/11/17 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Yeah, for what it's worth, a lot of the numbers in there are correct, but there are several errors. It also seems to have been assembled by someone who doesn't really understand the rules - so there are errors that could be avoided by simply reading bits of the CBA or understanding contracts, regardless of the quality of 'inside information'.

But like I said, a lot of it's right, and that article about the Storm wasn't exactly 100% on the money either.

OK, so I don't get trapped by "inaccuracies" I'm going to ask you directly Richyyy. Are Daniel Robinson and Camille Little under contact in 2018?

PostPosted: 09/11/17 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My primary laptop kinda imploded at the weekend, so I don't have anything useful to give you at the moment, I'm afraid. We may soon see if it works any better after I throw it out the window...

PostPosted: 09/11/17 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
My primary laptop kinda imploded at the weekend, so I don't have anything useful to give you at the moment, I'm afraid. We may soon see if it works any better after I throw it out the window...
shellfish, throw it out and start fresh lol. I'm in no hurry 😀

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: