RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA Salary Database
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
petrel

PostPosted: 08/29/17 4:19 pm    ::: WNBA Salary Database Reply Reply with quote

https://summitthoops.com/2017/08/28/wnba-salaries-database/

The gods have spoken! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Some of the info is incomplete, but this is the most complete WNBA salary info I've seen. Actually, it's the only salary info I've ever seen.

Google Doc link to actual WNBA salary document:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PsHkvE7SJtsV7fq7QHt7UfKPQHJg7_uLgZIkbwPbdi0/edit?usp=sharing

Randy

PostPosted: 08/29/17 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty interesting. I like what I see for the Dream - Hayes apparently is signed through 2018. Clarendon isn't in there, but I'm guessing she it at or near max. That would put the Dream salary well below 800k. I wonder if they have to have a "cap hold" for Angel? Seems like otherwise they would be under the cap min.

Bad news is Sancho's contract is up this year. Good news is so are Morello and Ajavon. Just as we guessed Morello is near the max.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/29/17 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone remember what the salary cap is for this year?

LibFan25

PostPosted: 08/29/17 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Kia Vaughn contract is up this year, Thank you Lord

Bria Hartley's rookie contract is up this year, i'd resign her. Will she be a restricted free agent or unrestricted?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/29/17 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:

$956,900, I believe.

PostPosted: 08/29/17 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

$956,900, I believe.

Thank you. While we are at it, what is the pro-rate for a contract. How many weeks would I divide 40k by?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/29/17 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

$956,900, I believe.

Thank you. While we are at it, what is the pro-rate for a contract. How many weeks would I divide 40k by?

I think they do it by days. So if the season is 106 days long, and you're signed for the minimum and last two weeks, you cost 14/106 x applicable minimum.

PostPosted: 08/29/17 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Morello is getting paid almost $4,868 per minute played this season. Who says the WNBA doesn't pay well.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/29/17 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

$956,900, I believe.

I think they do it by days. So if the season is 106 days long, and you're signed for the minimum and last two weeks, you cost 14/106 x applicable minimum.

Thank you. I'm not sure what they consider days in a season (including playoffs), but 7 days of a min contract (40,439) would be 2,670. I am looking at the the Lynx salary and the only one not listed is Pierson. There is only $65k left after the rest of the players are counted and if Z takes 3-6k, that leaves Pierson as making close to the vet minimum, 58- 60k possibly.

wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 08/29/17 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Morello is getting paid almost $4,868 per minute played this season. Who says the WNBA doesn't pay well.

Akhator has the best deal dont play and granted 50k for being top 3 lol ill be hella mad on the 10k missed money if i was Gray

PostPosted: 08/29/17 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

$956,900, I believe.

Thank you. I'm not sure what they consider days in a season (including playoffs), but 7 days of a min contract (40,439) would be 2,670. I am looking at the the Lynx salary and the only one not listed is Pierson. There is only $65k left after the rest of the players are counted and if Z takes 3-6k, that leaves Pierson as making close to the vet minimum, 58- 60k possibly.

Some of those other numbers could be wrong also, given that most of this was second or 3rd hand info. One questions pops out - how is it Perkins gets paid more than Fowles if Fowles was cored? I thought no one could get more than a cored player.

Nonetheless - the Lynx are going to have a tough time next year resigning Pierson, Perkins, Howard and Montgomery if any other team really goes after them. (I assume Brunson is a given for a max.)

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/29/17 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Some of those other numbers could be wrong also, given that most of this was second or 3rd hand info. One questions pops out - how is it Perkins gets paid more than Fowles if Fowles was cored? I thought no one could get more than a cored player.

Nonetheless - the Lynx are going to have a tough time next year resigning Pierson, Perkins, Howard and Montgomery if any other team really goes after them. (I assume Brunson is a given for a max.)

I was questioning some of the data but so far it checks with what I know (which is rookie/max numbers). I figure it can't hurt to treat them as real for the purposes of fan arguments. Perkins would have been signed to max by the Stars and that salary would have been transferred in the trade. The core rules do say that the team and player can negotiate if they want. If the numbers are correct, each of their starters took slightly less than max which freed up a pool of around $20,000.

Pierson has said that she plans on retiring after this year. I doubt they re-sign Perkins to max which gives them the money to re-sign Howard to max if they choose. But Howard might prefer starting somewhere else.

adamj95

PostPosted: 08/29/17 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

$956,900, I believe.

Pierson is retiring after this season and if I'm Minny, if Perkins doesn't retire, I'd go younger. Just my opinion but she isn't a good shooter and we need someone who can shoot along with playing defense.

PostPosted: 08/29/17 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone who re-signs with their existing team can get the extra $2,500 - whether they're cored or not is irrelevant. And yes, just because you're cored doesn't mean you have to sign for the max.

Also bear in mind that some of the differences at the top end are caused by when players sign their contracts. You get a starting figure that year and then certain percentage increases.

wnbashockballa wrote:
Randy wrote:

Akhator has the best deal dont play and granted 50k for being top 3 lol ill be hella mad on the 10k missed money if i was Gray

They've fucked that up. The top four picks are all on exactly the same salary, so 3rd/4th made no difference whatsoever. That's in the CBA without needing any 'inside information'.

PostPosted: 08/29/17 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Randy wrote:

I was questioning some of the data but so far it checks with what I know (which is rookie/max numbers). I figure it can't hurt to treat them as real for the purposes of fan arguments. Perkins would have been signed to max by the Stars and that salary would have been transferred in the trade. The core rules do say that the team and player can negotiate if they want. If the numbers are correct, each of their starters took slightly less than max which freed up a pool of around $20,000.

Pierson has said that she plans on retiring after this year. I doubt they re-sign Perkins to max which gives them the money to re-sign Howard to max if they choose. But Howard might prefer starting somewhere else.

I'm not sure if Howard would prefer another team. She's blossomed with the Lynx.

PostPosted: 08/29/17 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to this and my memory, the six players with the highest salary, $113,500, are Sue Bird, Sancho Lyttle, Jia Perkins, Candace Parker, Skylar Diggins and Emma Meesseman.

Why would those last two get max money with so few years in the WNBA?
justinabina

PostPosted: 08/29/17 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some of this information is puzzling. Sykes, drafted 7th, is listed as earning $47,736, while Gray, drafted 4th, is earning $41,053?

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/29/17 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
According to this and my memory, the six players with the highest salary, $113,500, are Sue Bird, Sancho Lyttle, Jia Perkins, Candace Parker, Skylar Diggins and Emma Meesseman.

Both were signed to extensions after their rookie contracts and they got the standard renewal max which is 113,500.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/29/17 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

No reason they shouldn't. The max doesn't escalate based on years of experience like it does in the NBA. Once you're off the rookie scale, you can sign for the max figure, and it is what it is.

PostPosted: 08/29/17 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justinabina wrote:
Some of this information is puzzling. Sykes, drafted 7th, is listed as earning $47,736, while Gray, drafted 4th, is earning $41,053?

Maybe they factored in the ROY award. Laughing

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/29/17 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justinabina wrote:

As I said above, that's a fuck-up. Gray's on the same as Plum/Akhator; $47,738 is correct for Sykes (same figure for 5th-8th in the draft, unless they get cut).

PostPosted: 08/29/17 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justinabina wrote:

Someone got it wrong. Plum, Akhator and Gray are all making $51,591. I'm a stickler for detail, too, so Sykes (and Coffey, Brionna Jones and Shatori Walker-Kimbrough) are all making $47,738.

I do not know what Alaina Coates would make next year. Would she be on a 2017 rookie scale or a 2018 one?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/29/17 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
I do not know what Alaina Coates would make next year. Would she be on a 2017 rookie scale or a 2018 one?

I believe if she doesn't actually sign anything until next year then she starts on next year's scale (as with Achonwa or Harrison).

PostPosted: 08/29/17 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

I believe if she doesn't actually sign anything until next year then she starts on next year's scale (as with Achonwa or Harrison).

Well, if she doesn't play anywhere in the off-season she can reenter the draft, too! Twisted Evil

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/29/17 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

Well, if she doesn't play anywhere in the off-season she can reenter the draft, too! Twisted Evil

Indeed, and that's part of why you'd let those players have the next year's scale salary - so that there's no extra incentive for them to re-enter and cost the initial team their draft choice.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: