2018 Team USA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/26/17 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
ucbart wrote:
It was announced recently that the World Championships will be held in the Canary Islands, not Spain's mainland. I plan on going to this. Anyone else?

Yup Very Happy.

Can't commit this far out, but hoping to. If only to get WNBAlien's autograph.

PostPosted: 09/26/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
ucbart wrote:
It was announced recently that the World Championships will be held in the Canary Islands, not Spain's mainland. I plan on going to this. Anyone else?

Yup Very Happy.

Can't commit this far out, but hoping to. If only to get WNBAlien's autograph.

I would like to see that threesome! Very Happy

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/27/17 1:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When is it and on what island? Been to Gran Canaria, Lanzarote etc. Its beautiful

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/27/17 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
When is it and on what island? Been to Gran Canaria, Lanzarote etc. Its beautiful

22-30 September, and they're doing the whole thing in Tenerife around Santa Cruz. I was kinda hoping for Madrd or Barcelona when Spain won the bid, but I can live with it being on a sunny little island instead Smile.

And I have not agreed to any threesomes. Wink

PostPosted: 09/27/17 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would you prefer a foursome Wink At least then we could golf.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/27/17 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The more the merrier. Although I also commit to no moresomes Wink.

PostPosted: 09/27/17 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

So it looks like even with Staley they are going with EDD over Parker.

They could easily take both.

The absurdity is that even with Staley they are going with Stokes and Tuck over Parker

Maybe Staley wanted some sacrificial lambs at that position she can readily justify passing over in favor of Wilson.

The obvious takeaway is that politics and cronyism will continue to reign supreme.

I think Parker declined the invite, which is why she tweeted what pilight posted. She doesn't want to give USA basketball another chance to snub her. And she was clearly snubbed last go-round.

Things like this --- that is, about Candace Parker being snubbed and whether or not she got invited to the tryouts --- makes me more convinced that USA Basketball is really one big clique. So, if a player doesn't suck up to them, or kiss their ass, or say/do the "right things", you might as well forget about being on the team. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 09/27/17 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One could argue the opposite to that maybe they don't want any babies, problems etc. As fans we never know exactly how some of these players interact or practice or feel they need special treatment.

wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 09/27/17 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well parker wouldn't been able to participate anyways competing in the wnba finals so thats that I do feel maybe she'll give it a go around for the olympics as for qualifiers those rosters are way different anyways from final

PostPosted: 09/28/17 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

USA Basketball doesn't have to worry too much about winning gold -- any 12 of the top 25 or so would probably get it done -- so like most organizations in similar situations, it looks for reasons to cut players rather than keep them.

Parker obviously did something that annoyed a bunch of people, and USA Basketball's history is that once you're off the list, you can never get back on.

It's too bad, because she's a great player, but it actually makes it easier for USA Basketball when players, in essence, cut themselves due to real or perceived actions.

PostPosted: 09/28/17 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
USA Basketball doesn't have to worry too much about winning gold

You act like they've never lost with a good team.

ClayK wrote:
any 12 of the top 25 or so would probably get it done -- so like most organizations in similar situations, it looks for reasons to cut players rather than keep them.

I disagree with the "any". If they were to put 12 raw dogs on the roster, it'd get scary. They need some of their pillars like Bird, Taurasi, Moore, Fowles, etc.

ClayK wrote:
Parker obviously did something that annoyed a bunch of people, and USA Basketball's history is that once you're off the list, you can never get back on.

You seem to be an expert at this. Can Charles and McCoughtry miss this upcoming camp and still make the team later? Are their excuses good enough?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK

PostPosted: 09/28/17 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They never lost with a decent coach ...

And of course there has to be some balance with the 12, but the top 25 have enough talent to find 12 that can get it done.

Not that much of an expert, just going off the past. As far as I know, Charles and McCoughtry haven't annoyed anyone before, so maybe they get a pass. Or maybe not.

Generally, those who have been good soldiers can get a break.

PostPosted: 09/28/17 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe parker annoyed DT overseas playing for UMMC . Which caused Team USA to leave her out Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 09/28/17 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
They never lost with a decent coach ...

Tara Vanderveer isn't a decent coach?

PostPosted: 09/28/17 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Is it obvious she did something to annoy a "bunch" of people? Or just an important person or two? Or, really, that she did anything at all?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/28/17 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Is it obvious she did something to annoy a "bunch" of people? Or just an important person or two? Or, really, that she did anything at all?
+

What is obvious is it's in the past, but people just won't let it go.

miller40

PostPosted: 09/28/17 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
miller40 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

+

Laughing Good luck with that. Some people still go on about Lobo and VanDerveer.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/28/17 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I believe parker annoyed DT overseas playing for UMMC . Which caused Team USA to leave her out Rolling Eyes

I very much doubt that as Taurasi (and Bird) are probably the 2 vets that Parker gets along with the most..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/28/17 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I very much doubt that as Taurasi (and Bird) are probably the 2 vets that Parker gets along with the most..

Sure Michelle89 Cool

PostPosted: 09/28/17 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
miller40 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

+

Laughing Good luck with that. Some people still go on about Lobo and VanDerveer.

Lobo and Tara ?> Please spill ?

PostPosted: 09/29/17 4:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Sure Michelle89 Cool

You dont have to believe me. Im going off watching them for years (games interviews etc.) overseas at UMMC and when they played against each other in Euroleague play. If you dont believe me watch the last 2 all star games and how they are always laughing and how they play together on the court

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/29/17 6:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Sure Michelle89 Cool

You dont have to believe me. Im going off watching them for years (games interviews etc.) overseas at UMMC and when they played against each other in Euroleague play. If you dont believe me watch the last 2 all star games and how they are always laughing and how they play together on the court

I don't need to judge by on court antics. This has been well known for the past couple of seasons.Maybe just not by you but its ok

PostPosted: 09/29/17 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
miller40 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
miller40 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

+

Lobo and Tara ?> Please spill ?

Vanderveer didn't particularly want Lobo on the '96 roster.

(now with spelling variations)
dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/29/17 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I spoke to Carol Callan this week

Answers a lot of the questions you all have been asking about Hayes, non-pipeline players getting in etc

https://www.fanragsports.com/dishin-and-swishin-podcast-carol-callan-on-usa-basketball-camp/

zune69

PostPosted: 10/01/17 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very interesting...

https://wtop.com/ncaa-basketball/2017/09/staley-ready-for-usa-womens-hoops-camp/

Quote:
Staley said. “As far as I’m concerned, she’s here and committed and wants to play in the 2020 Olympics. You don’t have a lot of people like Sue. She knows it’s a given, if she’s healthy and ready to go, she’ll be on the team.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 5 of 23

Jump to: