Lynx
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
Sparks
72%
 72%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 22

Shades

PostPosted: 08/26/17 1:47 pm    ::: Lynx @ Sparks - 8/27/17 Reply Reply with quote

Los Angeles, CA - 7:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN2
Online: http://www.espn.com/watch/

Game info:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20170827/MINLAS

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 08/26/17 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Auto fill tripped me up. Luuuc can correct the poll question if he'd like.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/26/17 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx made it to safely to LA.

Hoping for a good game tomorrow.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/26/17 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Lynx made it to safely to LA.

Hoping for a good game tomorrow.

wasn't expecting them to fly today. Good for them that they made it safely.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/26/17 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks rule Lynx drool. Sparks by ∞ Smile

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 08/26/17 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad Lynx made it safe to LA.

Minny really needed Brunson for this one but Im sure Lynx fans would rather have her healthy for the playoffs. Sims is rounding into form and even started hitting her jumpers. She starting to resemble Beard on how she is getting steals. Pam Ward said that LA is leading the league in steals cool.

jap

PostPosted: 08/26/17 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And so we're here at last: the WNBA version of World War III, 2017 edition. LA trying to take the season series, but an LA win only has significance if both teams end up with the same win-loss ledger. Will the Sparks keep rolling, or will Los Lynx behave like ungrateful guests?

Will this be a finals preview, or will some other team(s) out there buck the oddsmakers and push their way into the finals?

The Staples Center will be rocking. Be there or be square!

PostPosted: 08/27/17 1:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
And so we're here at last: the WNBA version of World War III, 2017 edition. LA trying to take the season series, but an LA win only has significance if both teams end up with the same win-loss ledger. Will the Sparks keep rolling, or will Los Lynx behave like ungrateful guests?

Will this be a finals preview, or will some other team(s) out there buck the oddsmakers and push their way into the finals?

I'll be there to see LA get revenge for that game 4 loss last season. Maya always shows up in LA so it's important for our defense to continue to play at an elite level. Our help defense on Fowles will be key in this game. If we can neutralize Fowles' scoring and rebounding or get her into foul trouble, we should be in a good position to win. If our guard trio continues to play well on both sides of the ball we'll take this one easily. Sims looks to have found her role on the team and the coaches' trust these last few games; her help defense in PHX was another plus. If Sims and Gray can continue to contribute and provide LA 14-18ppg and 4-10apg each LA will be dangerous come playoffs. I'm going to be so sad to see Beard retire...

PostPosted: 08/27/17 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks have to take advantage of the Lynx still being without Whalen & Brunson. I see Gray having a huge game.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 08/27/17 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They brought Brunson along on the road trip for some reason. I wonder if she might dress for this game but not start.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 08/27/17 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
jap wrote:

I'll be there to see LA get revenge for that game 4 loss last season. Maya always shows up in LA so it's important for our defense to continue to play at an elite level. Our help defense on Fowles will be key in this game. If we can neutralize Fowles' scoring and rebounding or get her into foul trouble, we should be in a good position to win. If our guard trio continues to play well on both sides of the ball we'll take this one easily. Sims looks to have found her role on the team and the coaches' trust these last few games; her help defense in PHX was another plus. If Sims and Gray can continue to contribute and provide LA 14-18ppg and 4-10apg each LA will be dangerous come playoffs. I'm going to be so sad to see Beard retire...
About AB retiring she did a article where she said she doesn't know where that story came from that 2016 is her final season. Brian and her talk about it but nothing is set in stone yet and Beard isn't the type to tell media about her retirement.

jap

PostPosted: 08/27/17 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
jap wrote:

About AB retiring she did a article where she said she doesn't know where that story came from that 2016 is her final season. Brian and her talk about it but nothing is set in stone yet and Beard isn't the type to tell media about her retirement.

She's probably will be re-evaluating ow she feels on a yearly basis. She certainly is as aggressive this season as she ever has been and appears to be playing 'younger' than many players who are a decade or so her juniors. Why shouldn't she keep at it as long as she's having fun?

PostPosted: 08/27/17 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:

She's probably will be re-evaluating ow she feels on a yearly basis. She certainly is as aggressive this season as she ever has been and appears to be playing 'younger' than many players who are a decade or so her juniors. Why shouldn't she keep at it as long as she's having fun?

re: Alana. Agree. She's playing really well and hasn't let up. I think as long as she stays healthy, why not? She's also the type that will accept it with grace when the time comes to either contribute off the bench or to retire.

- Amanda Gorman
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 08/27/17 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
jap wrote:

re: Alana. Agree. She's playing really well and hasn't let up. I think as long as she stays healthy, why not? She's also the type that will accept it with grace when the time comes to either contribute off the bench or to retire.

I just remember reading that she re-signed for one more year. I hope this isn't her final season, but if it is I hope we can get her another ring and a well deserved DPOY award.

PostPosted: 08/27/17 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The outcome of this game will dictate the effort both teams will give in their next to games. If the Sparks win the next two games are important in respect to the 1 or 2 positions. If Minn wins than the last two games are meaningless in respect to changing either teams final positions and they can just rest their starters until the playoffs if they choose. I mean it is never a good idea to let off the pedal but in respect to minutes for the starters they can.

Sims was the only starter that really looked fired up during their game against Phoenix. Of course you could see her eyes get as big as saucers Shocked when she recognized who would be attempting to defend her in-game layup drills.

kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 08/27/17 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Am I emotionally ready for this game...??!

Randy

PostPosted: 08/27/17 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
The outcome of this game will dictate the effort both teams will give in their next to games. If the Sparks win the next two games are important in respect to the 1 or 2 positions. If Minn wins than the last two games are meaningless in respect to changing either teams final positions and they can just rest their starters until the playoffs if they choose.

Now I'm rooting for the Lynx!!!

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/27/17 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brunson back and starting!

Randy

PostPosted: 08/27/17 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good news!

Shades

PostPosted: 08/27/17 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Brunson back

Good call!

lynxmania wrote:
and starting!

Unless she's hundo, why not just work her in if needed? She must be feeling pretty good.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/27/17 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reeve needs Augustus to go off. So do I. Playing her on FD.

adamj95

PostPosted: 08/27/17 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn. Can't turn it over back to back. Capitalize on every possession.

PostPosted: 08/27/17 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is that Riquna suited up on the bench?

PostPosted: 08/27/17 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Early timeouts from both Agler and Reeve

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/27/17 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Is that Riquna suited up on the bench?

Only one wearing their pants, so I doubt she goes in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: