Mystics
43%
 43%  [ 10 ]
Liberty
56%
 56%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 23

Shades

PostPosted: 08/24/17 10:20 pm    ::: Mystics @ Liberty - 8/25/17 Reply Reply with quote

New York, NY - 7:30 PM ET
TV: MSG, Monumental
Online: League Pass

Game info:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20170825/WASNYL

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 08/25/17 5:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this will have a playoff feel...EDD activated and Id expect her to play a full slate of minutes.

NY has been great on D but to stop that front line they need to also score.

Winner of this game gets a bye and given that both teams have arena conflicts on the 7th...I think they will both be gunning for the free slot to get them away from any conflicts.

This will be nip and tuck and if ESPN had flex this would be the game they'd show...the fact it's not even on NBATV is a JOKE...and something that needs to be addressed with NBATV.

Fight for 4th and I expect it to be real

Winner gets season tie breaker too...Will be very interesting...there with BELLS ON

PostPosted: 08/25/17 5:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

any update on Delle Donne?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/25/17 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do we know what's with Cloud yet?

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/25/17 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting subplot to this game is NY has not played D.C. yet with the starting lineup DC was using when EDD got hurt. Meaning Piph will have to guard TRP and Z will probably have to guard Meesseman. Of course that also means one of EDD or EM will have to guard Z. Should be interesting. I'd expect Tina to guard EDD.

PostPosted: 08/25/17 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i see tina on thomas.
big game for stokes IMO

root_thing

PostPosted: 08/25/17 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The interesting subplot for me is whether some these star players can get untracked. Tina is 6-25 24% 7.0 ppg in the two games against DC. EDD was 4-16 25% in her one game, although she did get to the line and ended up with 15 points. Toliver has been invisible, going 3-15 20% 4.0 ppg in the two games. Prince has been better than Toliver but still disappointing at 6-22 27.3% 9.0 ppg in the two games.

PostPosted: 08/25/17 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
i see tina on thomas.
big game for stokes IMO

Tina won't guard Thomas. She guarded EDD in the game in DC and has been tough defensively on 4 spot players all year. And the Liberty prefer her not to bang with big centers.

PostPosted: 08/25/17 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
The interesting subplot for me is whether some these star players can get untracked. Tina is 6-25 24% 7.0 ppg in the two games against DC. EDD was 4-16 25% in her one game, although she did get to the line and ended up with 15 points. Toliver has been invisible, going 3-15 20% 4.0 ppg in the two games. Prince has been better than Toliver but still disappointing at 6-22 27.3% 9.0 ppg in the two games.

That game in DC was a slow-paced quagmire. EDD and Tina each did an excellent job defensively for sure. For NY that was the game Sugar missed so our pace in that game was nonexistent. That said, each of these teams defend opponents' top scorers pretty well. Execution is going to play an extraordinarily important role in this game.

For the Libs, Piph has gotten her 3 ball % up from .294 to .337 in recent games. Maintaining that trend would be helpful.

PostPosted: 08/25/17 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD is playing

Bring it on!

root_thing

PostPosted: 08/25/17 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

That game in DC was a slow-paced quagmire. EDD and Tina each did an excellent job defensively for sure. For NY that was the game Sugar missed so our pace in that game was nonexistent. That said, each of these teams defend opponents' top scorers pretty well. Execution is going to play an extraordinarily important role in this game.

For the Libs, Piph has gotten her 3 ball % up from .294 to .337 in recent games. Maintaining that trend would be helpful.

If the Mystics use their big lineup, I would expect they'd want to play slow. The usual response by the smaller team is to pressure the ball, create turnovers, and then run. However, while NY has the personnel to do that, it doesn't seem to jibe with their philosophy. NY is next to last in steals and dead last in opponents' turnovers. It will be interesting to see what kind of adjustments Laimbeer makes. Historically, he likes having the bigger team. Now he's on the other side with the li'l gals. Smile

This one isn't part of my package, but I'm thinking of showing up anyway because the game should be intense. On the other hand, "slow-paced quagmire" doesn't really whet the appetite. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/25/17 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

If the Mystics use their big lineup, I would expect they'd want to play slow. The usual response by the smaller team is to pressure the ball, create turnovers, and then run. However, while NY has the personnel to do that, it doesn't seem to jibe with their philosophy. NY is next to last in steals and dead last in opponents' turnovers. It will be interesting to see what kind of adjustments Laimbeer makes. Historically, he likes having the bigger team. Now he's on the other side with the li'l gals. Smile

This one isn't part of my package, but I'm thinking of showing up anyway because the game should be intense. On the other hand, "slow-paced quagmire" doesn't really whet the appetite. Laughing

I've been excited about being at MSG tonight to see this game. But now that I know that it's going to be a "slow-paced quagmire".... Smile

PostPosted: 08/25/17 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cannot wait for this game to begin. I have my wine and chips ready.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/25/17 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Also take into account Piph was still playing point in that game. If I were you, I'd show. Then again, I'll already be there. I think this game is going to have some juice.

PostPosted: 08/25/17 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Sky game becomes a blowout in a hurry then I will definitely switch over and watch the New York game.

PostPosted: 08/25/17 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

I don't know if you already know this but Ticketmaster shows an individual seat map for Libs games. I have two friends also going tonight and I selected seats 3-4 in my row. Seats 5 and 6 were still available in my row earlier this week. Not sure if they still are but if you wanna join us feel free.

PostPosted: 08/25/17 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

I don't know if you already know this but Ticketmaster shows an individual seat map for Libs games. I have two friends also going tonight and I selected seats 3-4 in my row. Seats 5 and 6 were still available in my row earlier this week. Not sure if they still are but if you wanna join us feel free.

My old ticket rep used to tell me to contact him if I wanted to add an extra game. He said he could get me a better deal than Ticketmaster. So, I sent an email to my new ticket rep hoping the same was true. That was a couple of hours ago, and I haven't heard back. At this point, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Will probably decide at the last minute. Smile

PostPosted: 08/25/17 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WHY ISN'T ESPN COVERING THIS GAME??????

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/25/17 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/WashMystics/status/901142589855977472

Thomas becoming a stretch 5? Very Happy

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/25/17 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:

Because im sure they feel the more important game of the week is Minny & LA Sunday . Although id love to see this one , just dont think it will be entertaining to the non-WNBA fan .

PostPosted: 08/25/17 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

Because im sure they feel the more important game of the week is Minny & LA Sunday . Although id love to see this one , just dont think it will be entertaining to the non-WNBA fan .

ESPN already gave us the Sparks vs. Mercury yesterday, and that game ended up being a dud. lol

toad455

PostPosted: 08/25/17 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also excited to be at MSG for this one. Heading in there shortly.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 08/25/17 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

ESPN already gave us the Sparks vs. Mercury yesterday, and that game ended up being a dud. lol

That's the hazard of picking games months in advance

PostPosted: 08/25/17 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Flipped a coin and some greater force than I (gravity?) decided I should go.

PostPosted: 08/25/17 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Monumental is giving us the silent treatment. We can see the game but no sound.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: