RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UConn 2017-18 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/28/18 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Report on and impressions of Christyn Williams and Olivia Nelson-Ododa in the McD AA game.

Williams, a 5-foot-11 guard from Little Rock, Ark., scored 22 points with 12 rebounds – both game highs – for the victorious West team. Her scoring total, on 9-for-16 shooting (4-for-5 from 3-point range), tied for the third highest total in the 17-year history of the girls All-American game. She also had four assists. She likely won the MVP award, but ESPN cut away before the awards.

I thought Williams exhibited confidence, maturity, great touch, smooth execution, and aggressive rebounding from the guard position. I expect her to step into Nurse's starting spot from her first UConn game, and be able to play the 2 or 1. She'll be a star and college AA.

ONO, from Winder-Barrow High in Georgia, scored eight points with eight rebounds (the latter, the East team's high) in 22 minutes. Her execution level is further away from her potential than Williams'. She made some nice layups, but often made impetuous choices by turning into, dribbling into, or shooting into obvious defensive pressure -- thereby turning the ball over excessively. She also appeared a bit physically weak with (maybe?) some suspect hands. These things are all improvable.

In this game, the post player who impressed me the most was Queen Egbo, a Baylor commit. For the nth time I've watched her, Charli Collier didn't impress me (n>5).

I'll look for a box score.

Very similar to, if not exactly, my observations. I will add that Collier seems to be the slightly better of ONO, at this point in time.

Of course, Geno will NOT start CW in Games 1-?. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/28/18 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charli Collier on UConn coach Geno Auriemma's reaction to her decommitment

Quote:
It was hard to break the news to UConn. I don’t think Geno has anyone turn him down. He was kind of shocked. He told me like any other coach that he wishes me the best. He told me to do my best somewhere else. It wasn’t anything rude. He was kind and professional.
acsuc99

PostPosted: 03/28/18 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CHRISTYN= LADY ODYSSEY!

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/28/18 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McD box score:

https://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/content/dam/aag/AAGIRLS.pdf
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/29/18 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kia Nurse was named the WBCA Defensive Player of the Year today.

Nurse is the fourth Husky to win National DPOY after Stefanie Dolson (2014), Moriah Jefferson (2016) and Gabby Williams (2017).
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/29/18 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie Lou Samuelson was named to the USBWA All-American first team, and Gabby Williams was named to the second team.

http://www.sportswriters.net/usbwa/news/2018/allamerica180327.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: