RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

So who thought this was a good idea?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/16/17 9:46 pm    ::: So who thought this was a good idea? Reply Reply with quote

So, the primary tenant for Atlanta's new gazillion dollar Mercedes Benz Stadium is the NFL Falcons, who play on Sundays. Chick fil A will have restaurants in the stadium, which will be closed on Sunday, because that's company policy. Hmmmm.

Meanwhile Zaxby's has been named the official chicken restaurant of the Falcons, but they don't have any locations in the stadium. Double Hmmmm.

I hope the rest of the place is more coordinated.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/17/17 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hater's Fil A can actually be in a location w/o much effort or investment. They are GA Tech w the Dream for weekday games. All they do is bring in a load of some menu items in a small space in the arena - just one of the small spots normally they would sell hot dogs and popcorn. So little or no investment or cost involved. It is pretty much like catering a big party or the like. They have one or two people manning it.

I don't know for sure what they are doing at MBS but the stadium will also host Atlanta United games and other events so it is not quite as crazy as it sounds. Crazy is the Hawks having a barber shop in the re-modelled Phillips arena, and a Liquor store. In a way, I can understand the Liquor store as bad as the Hawks will be this season.

As for the Official Chicken deal - that is a really good question.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 08/17/17 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AWWK-ward! Embarassed

It reminds me of the time in December 2013, when the entire Buffalo Wild Wings (BWW) restaurant chain paid to show the UFC 168 fight, instead of showing the college bowl game that BWW itself had sponsored! Rolling Eyes

http://www.foxsports.com/detroit/story/bww-bowl-snubbed-by-namesake-122813

https://patch.com/minnesota/goldenvalley/buffalo-wild-wings-tkos-its-own-bowl-game

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/12/28/5252410/cant-watch-buffalo-wild-wings-bowl-at-buffalo-wild-wings

PostPosted: 08/17/17 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is just dumb by Chick-Fil-A. Put a store in a football stadium where the majority of games are played on Sundays. There is one game not being played on a Sunday, plus the MLS' Atlanta United will also play there & there will be concerts held there, too. But still, there money makers will be the NFL games.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
StevenHW

PostPosted: 08/17/17 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
This is just dumb by Chick-Fil-A. Put a store in a football stadium where the majority of games are played on Sundays. There is one game not being played on a Sunday, plus the MLS' Atlanta United will also play there & there will be concerts held there, too. But still, there money makers will be the NFL games.

Will there be other events taking place there that is not on Sundays? Maybe college football (which are on Saturdays).

Some NFL games late in the regular-season (such as late December) have taken place on Saturdays.

PostPosted: 08/30/17 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Please don't consider this a defense of Falcon's owner Arthur Blank or Chick-fil-A. Not much of a fan of either, but I have no doubt that both will make big bucks on this deal.

As mentioned above, the Falcons have only 7 home games on Sunday this year and many non-Sunday events are scheduled including:

- 2 Chick-fil-A Kick-Off games
- No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 3 Florida State, Sep 2
- Georgia Tech vs. Tennessee, Sep 4
(both sell-outs, I believe)

- Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
I think that's this season's national championship game. If not this season, then soon.

On the Sundays that do have events, the two Chick-fil-A spaces will be taken over by vendor, Levy Restaurants. And if Levy doesn't serve chicken, I'm sure other vendors will.

My current big criticism of Arthur Blank/Falcons is they just spent $1.5B on the Mercedes-Benz Stadium. About $.5B of that was for a retractable roof that will stay closed for the foreseeable future. It was supposed to open/close in 12 minutes, not two days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: