allenleavell

PostPosted: 08/15/17 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Phoenix is the proper trade partner. Bonner for C Ogwumike.

Bonner's agent (same as Dupree's) appears to have been ordered to work it out so they can play on the same team, probably IND, since they could use a good use a good SF.

Quote:
Dupree isn't playing overseas this winter so she can spend time with Bonner and her daughters. She isn't sure what's going to happen next year when Bonner goes back to Phoenix. The two were teammates in Phoenix before Dupree was traded to Indiana in the offseason.

"I don't know what's going to happen," Dupree said. "We have the same agent so he has his work cut out for him to figure out next summer. It's something we talk about occasionally. At some point we'll have to figure it out."

This is a lot expecting to work/play on the same team as your partner, but I can understand why they would want to be on the same team.

On the topic at hand, maybe Dallas could trade Davis and there 1st round pick for Ogwumike. She would be good insurance in case Liz skips the season again, and I think it would be a good idea for the Wings to bring Kelly back.

Your reaching quite far there my friend. Never going to happen. 1st round pick will stay in Dallas.

I’m not really a Wings fan, I’m a Diggins-Smith fan, so I want to see her have a lot of success and be an MVP one day, getting another young player isn’t what the Wings need, unless they can land Gabby Williams who could be a small ball center and help the team get out and run.

Wow yeah i can tell your not a wings fan. We do not need Gabby williams either . Small ball will not be something this team utilizes next season when Liz Camb*tch comes over. Seems alot of non-Wings fans like to make suggestions a bout what we should do when it comes to trades & we seem to get the shorter end of the stick in everyone's scenarios lol. We need a SF. Christmas will most likely be a goner i cant see us providing her Maxx Pay. Powers needs a back up or maybe Gray

Diggins-Smith/ Chong
Gray / K. Davis
Powers / 1st rounder ,
Johnson / Thornton
Camb*tch / Plaissannce / Paris

Most likely not to be back in Arlington = Lewis , Shaq , KCK

Glaring holes are in the backcourt next season.

The wings need a center in the worst way. I don't think Cambage will be a help next year. They need a good post player.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/15/17 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Chi
Vandersloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Pondexter
Copper/Hampton
C. Ogwumike/B. Turner (#5 pick)/Parker
Dolson/Coates

Not to de-rail, but there's not way Turner is a Top 5 Draftee in 2018 after sitting out all season with a torn ACL. I have a strong feeling we won't be seeing her in the W until '19. People should also not be counting on Azura Stevens in 2018, either.

Well no redshirt by Muffet yet and even with the full season out teams no what they will get with turner. Not so great a rebounder but a reliable rim protector in which will be hard to come by in next years draft! Azura will be good but the inflation bubble really blew up when she became a huskie Laughing elevated to POY contention due to teammates saying shes hardest to guard Rolling Eyes Watch that elevate her in the draft based off simple hype.

PostPosted: 08/15/17 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

allenleavell wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

Bonner's agent (same as Dupree's) appears to have been ordered to work it out so they can play on the same team, probably IND, since they could use a good use a good SF.

Quote:
Dupree isn't playing overseas this winter so she can spend time with Bonner and her daughters. She isn't sure what's going to happen next year when Bonner goes back to Phoenix. The two were teammates in Phoenix before Dupree was traded to Indiana in the offseason.

"I don't know what's going to happen," Dupree said. "We have the same agent so he has his work cut out for him to figure out next summer. It's something we talk about occasionally. At some point we'll have to figure it out."

This is a lot expecting to work/play on the same team as your partner, but I can understand why they would want to be on the same team.

On the topic at hand, maybe Dallas could trade Davis and there 1st round pick for Ogwumike. She would be good insurance in case Liz skips the season again, and I think it would be a good idea for the Wings to bring Kelly back.

Your reaching quite far there my friend. Never going to happen. 1st round pick will stay in Dallas.

I’m not really a Wings fan, I’m a Diggins-Smith fan, so I want to see her have a lot of success and be an MVP one day, getting another young player isn’t what the Wings need, unless they can land Gabby Williams who could be a small ball center and help the team get out and run.

Wow yeah i can tell your not a wings fan. We do not need Gabby williams either . Small ball will not be something this team utilizes next season when Liz Camb*tch comes over. Seems alot of non-Wings fans like to make suggestions a bout what we should do when it comes to trades & we seem to get the shorter end of the stick in everyone's scenarios lol. We need a SF. Christmas will most likely be a goner i cant see us providing her Maxx Pay. Powers needs a back up or maybe Gray

Diggins-Smith/ Chong
Gray / K. Davis
Powers / 1st rounder ,
Johnson / Thornton

The wings need a center in the worst way. I don't think Cambage will be a help next year. They need a good post player.

So Are you saying Cambage is NOT good? Lol the girl has issues fair enough but her talents are undeniable . I dont think any W fan will question that. Shes as clear as an upgrade at center than any draft pick we could choose or any free agent we could look at. Not being rude, but have you seen her play?

PostPosted: 08/15/17 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Chi
Vandersloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Pondexter
Copper/Hampton
Dolson/Coates

Not to de-rail, but there's not way Turner is a Top 5 Draftee in 2018 after sitting out all season with a torn ACL. I have a strong feeling we won't be seeing her in the W until '19. People should also not be counting on Azura Stevens in 2018, either.

And for those not keeping up, Turner will be under pressure by McGraw to red shirt this year if she's anything less than 100%

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 08/15/17 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
allenleavell wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Diggins-Smith/ Chong
Gray / K. Davis
Powers / 1st rounder ,
Johnson / Thornton

So Are you saying Cambage is NOT good? Lol the girl has issues fair enough but her talents are undeniable . I dont think any W fan will question that. Shes as clear as an upgrade at center than any draft pick we could choose or any free agent we could look at. Not being rude, but have you seen her play?

I 100% agree, watching the Wings try and guard Jones and hearing Lobo say how tough of a match up she was for the wings, all I could think about was wait until the wings get Liz to come over, and see the sun try and defend her. If Liz comes over ready to go she would be my early favorite for MVP next season.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/15/17 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
allenleavell wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Diggins-Smith/ Chong
Gray / K. Davis
Powers / 1st rounder ,
Johnson / Thornton

I 100% agree, watching the Wings try and guard Jones and hearing Lobo say how tough of a match up she was for the wings, all I could think about was wait until the wings get Liz to come over, and see the sun try and defend her. If Liz comes over ready to go she would be my early favorite for MVP next season.

Idk if ill reach the mvp branch just yet but i think it will only boost Skylars importance to this team thus her MVP consensus over Liz next season . And i Quote just next season. If Liz is serious about getting better as ive heard around Arlington maybe the 2nd season upon her return she becomes MVP caliber. Her conditioning will be her biggest test in the W I think. Not one single player ! I think she knows she can dominate the posts in this league including griner!

PostPosted: 08/15/17 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Chi
Vandersloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Pondexter
Copper/Hampton
Dolson/Coates

And for those not keeping up, Turner will be under pressure by McGraw to red shirt this year if she's anything less than 100%

My guess is Turner comes back earlier than predicted and has a decent season. If not sub in Billings as the #5 pick above.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/15/17 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/shock/video-former-tulsa-shock-center-liz-cambage-suspended-after-hit/article_a0df1b87-9dff-5f67-bd1e-58dbb5d657dc.html

The Real Liz Camb*tch! #Recognizeeeeeee

PostPosted: 08/15/17 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Chi
Vandersloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Pondexter
Copper/Hampton
Dolson/Coates

My guess is Turner comes back earlier than predicted and has a decent season. If not sub in Billings as the #5 pick above.

Billings at #5 seems high to me at this point. DeShields could be available, especially if Stevens enters early.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/15/17 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Chi
Vandersloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Pondexter
Copper/Hampton
Dolson/Coates

Billings at #5 seems high to me at this point. DeShields could be available, especially if Stevens enters early.

Even if stevens enters early DD will be drafted before....

PostPosted: 08/15/17 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Chi
Vandersloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Pondexter
Copper/Hampton
Dolson/Coates

They get ATL's pick too. DeShields would probably start over Copper. Billings at #5 seems high to me at this point.

In the whole trade that didn't get quoted Chi trades the higher pick to Conn (Atl's pick that turns into G. Williams) and Breland to Conn for C. Ogwumike the original topic of the thread. By #5 you still have a lot decent player but if no declares and Wilson, Deshields, Mitchell and G. Williams go 1-4 next best and positional need come into play as you're looking at say Canada, L. Brown, Russell, Billings, Nared, Nurse and the like. I also see Billings, Nared and Russell all moving up the board this college season.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/15/17 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Even when healthy, Chiney Ogwumike < Angel McCoughtry

Shocked

When Angel was the same age Chiney is now, she had been All WNBA twice and carried the underpowered Dream to the finals in back-to-back seasons. There's really no comparison between the two.

age and upcoming retirement makes a lot of difference. If Chiney ever comes back healthy...big ifs of course.

- Amanda Gorman
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/15/17 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Serious question if C. Ogwumike can proves she is healthy in the off-season how do C. Ogwumike and Aja Wilson compare?

Would C. Ogwumike and the #10 pick to SA for #1 pick Wilson be insane on the part of SA?

I realize SA is in no rush (unless they are) but a healthy C. Ogwumike might bring more to the table than Wilson next season, and SA needs talent so another 1st round pick in a deep draft might be worth it.

Same team different concept Conn wanted Jefferson back in the day, Jefferson and SA 2nd round pick #13 for C. Ogwumike. Then you can pair Chiney and Aja, and solve the Plum/Jefferson back-court issue. I'm just not sure Jefferson helps Conn that much but you can play her with J. Thomas, C. Williams, and/or Bentley so there are minutes there.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/15/17 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Would a healthy C. Ogwumike and the #10 pick to SA for #1 pick Wilson be insane on the part of SA?

Maybe not, but why would Connecticut do this? It seems like they have their front court established. They want to groom a #1 pick to play off the bench? Usually the fans expect to see the #1 pick play.

J-Spoon wrote:

I realize SA is in no rush (unless they are) but a healthy C. Ogwumike might bring more to the table than Wilson next season, and SA needs talent so another 1st round pick in a deep draft might be worth it.

I think Ogwumike is happy where she is. You know what that means. If you get a franchise player who is happy where she's at (especially for CON), why mess with that?

J-Spoon wrote:
Same team different concept Conn wanted Jefferson back in the day, Jefferson and SA 2nd round pick #13 for C. Ogwumike. Then you can pair Chiney and Aja, and solve the Plum/Jefferson back-court issue. I'm just not sure Jefferson helps Conn that much but you can play her with J. Thomas, C. Williams, and/or Bentley so there are minutes there.

That'd be interesting, but you already countered your own proposal. CON doesn't need Jefferson. At this point continuity is CON's best friend.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/16/17 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Would a healthy C. Ogwumike and the #10 pick to SA for #1 pick Wilson be insane on the part of SA?

Maybe not, but why would Connecticut do this? It seems like they have their front court established. They want to groom a #1 pick to play off the bench? Usually the fans expect to see the #1 pick play.

J-Spoon wrote:

I think Ogwumike is happy where she is. You know what that means. If you get a franchise player who is happy where she's at (especially for CON), why mess with that?

J-Spoon wrote:

That'd be interesting, but you already countered your own proposal. CON doesn't need Jefferson. At this point continuity is CON's best friend.

Good point about Wilson off the bench in an earlier post I was touting A. Thomas at the PF spot as a reason Conn is having such a good season and to an extent why trading Ogwumike is possible so Wilson might not be the best target. (I like G. Williams as an option if trading for a lottery pick but she needs to develop a 3 point shot, Deshields is also an interesting option, So if SA end up #2 o #3 would Conn trade Ogwumike for the lottery pick straight up?)

I agree that C. Ogwumike might be happy in Conn and Conn is happy with her so probably no need or interest in trading her, but this thread is about speculation, and while I think most teams would like Ogwumike for the right price sending her to SA seems like a good fit, and while local girl syndrome isn't always a real thing I believe the Ogwumikes are from Texas.

Yeah Jefferson to Conn doesn't really make sense for Conn unless they like former Huskies and 3 point shooting which they do, but yeah Conn doesn't need Jefferson which I figured out as I typed it.

scrappy

PostPosted: 08/16/17 1:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok with all these talks about chiney. how come there is no offer for carolyn sword, noelle quinn? i'll even throw in a crystal.

PostPosted: 08/16/17 3:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
ok with all these talks about chiney. how come there is no offer for carolyn sword, noelle quinn? i'll even throw in a crystal.

Salaries reasons. 3 big salaries for 1

basketballologist

PostPosted: 08/16/17 3:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:

And why would u take swords and Langhorne when u have

J. Jones
A. Thomas
M. Tuck
L. Kizer
B. Jones
K. Pedersen
D. Adams

They need guard depth

basketballologist

PostPosted: 08/16/17 3:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Step 1: San Antonio trade Keksey Plum and Alex Montgomery to the Connecticut Sun for Chiney Ogwumike

Step 2: San Antonio trade the 1st round pick (1st overall) and Dearica Hamby to the Indiana Fever for the 1st round pick (2nd overall) and Tiffany Mitchell

San Antonio Depth Chart
1: M. Jefferson / S. Colson
2: K. McBride / T. Mitchell
3: D. DeShields / A. Montgomery
4: C. Ogwumike / Free Agent Backup / N. Coffey
5: I. Harrison / K. Alexander

Shades

PostPosted: 08/16/17 4:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
scrappy wrote:

Salaries reasons. 3 big salaries for 1

Scrappy, you're paying a big salary to Quinn? Shocked

Shades

PostPosted: 08/16/17 4:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Step 1: San Antonio trade Keksey Plum and Alex Montgomery to the Connecticut Sun for Chiney Ogwumike

Step 2: San Antonio trade the 1st round pick (1st overall) and Dearica Hamby to the Indiana Fever for the 1st round pick (2nd overall) and Tiffany Mitchell

San Antonio Depth Chart

You could have had Wilson with #1, but you went with DeShields? Shocked

I can't see anybody passing on Wilson.

Assuming you can pull off step 1 (because CON really needs a backup combo guard with an agent with an attitude over Chiney):
Jefferson/Colson
McBride/#13 pick
Montgomery/Coffey
COgwumike/Harrison/Hamby
Wilson/Alexander

Looking a little better to me

Last edited by Shades on 08/16/17 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/16/17 4:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My guess is that Quinn is at a vet minimum or a lil bit higher but not much

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy

PostPosted: 08/16/17 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So 2 5/8 big salaries for 1. The point is why would you trade 1 potential star player for 2 bench players and 1 mediocre starter (who Storm fans have been trying to trade for years.)

Plus, no one seems to have noticed that players get injured. Jones sprains an ankle and suddenly it's great to have Chiney. Even the Plum/MoJeff logjam hasn't been that big of a deal because one or the other has been injured often this season.

Last edited by Randy on 08/16/17 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/16/17 7:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
My guess is that Quinn is at a vet minimum or a lil bit higher but not much

She's still on the stupid free agent contract Phoenix gave her when they were trying to survive the year Taurasi sat out, so... higher.

PostPosted: 08/16/17 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:

San Antonio Depth Chart

Indiana can't do that because they will be trading their pick and Briann January, to Phoenix for Bonner and D Rob Smile

Of course this is all a dream because we all know Bonner has the Merc over a barrel and the Merc will screw up any trade involving a player like Bonner Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: