someone else
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 48

pilight

PostPosted: 08/14/17 6:50 am    ::: ROY Reply Reply with quote

Monday Poll time!

PostPosted: 08/14/17 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are only 2 choices and I'd be fine with whomever wins but at this point in the season, with Dallas in 7th place and the Dream in 10th and free falling with a 7 game losing streak, I'm going to say Allisha Gray wins it.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/17 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
There are only 2 choices and I'd be fine with whomever wins but at this point in the season, with Dallas in 7th place and the Dream in 10th and free falling with a 7 game losing streak, I'm going to say Allisha Gray wins it.

My thoughts exactly . Are you really ROY when your team loses 7 in a row while you continue to pad your own stats ?

PostPosted: 08/14/17 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plight, I love your avatar. But I will give Randy's photo my vote because of the Looney Tunes cartoon reference. Cool

PostPosted: 08/14/17 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

My thoughts exactly . Are you really ROY when your team loses 7 in a row while you continue to pad your own stats ?

ROY is always about stats and most importantly about scoring..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight

PostPosted: 08/14/17 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

It worked in 2006...

#NATC

PostPosted: 08/14/17 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Plus, since when is a rookie expected to dictate the success of a whole team? It's just silly to put a team success condition onto ROTY, considering the best rookies generally go to the worst teams.
Temi Fagbenle for ROTY. She has helped her team to 21-4!

PostPosted: 08/14/17 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Plus, since when is a rookie expected to dictate the success of a whole team? It's just silly to put a team success condition onto ROTY, considering the best rookies generally go to the worst teams.

17 of 19 ROYs have played for teams whose records improved over the year before

#NATC

PostPosted: 08/14/17 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

And as a rule of thumb, expecting improvement over the previous season's record is not a bad one. Certainly more sensible IMO than just pointing to a position on the standings.

PostPosted: 08/14/17 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Plight, I love your avatar. But I will give Randy's photo my vote because of the Looney Tunes cartoon reference. Cool

I keep trying to make that my avatar but so far I can't do it. I just succeeded in getting rid of my old avatar.....I need to do it before the Dream win a game, though that might give me plenty of time.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/17 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

I keep trying to make that my avatar but so far I can't do it. I just succeeded in getting rid of my old avatar.....I need to do it before the Dream win a game, though that might give me plenty of time.

imageshack seems to not let me upload things on my desktop idk why

PostPosted: 08/14/17 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For some reason I was having trouble with tinypic, but finally got it going.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/14/17 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Your right of course. ROTY has nothing to do with team wins/losses. Chiney won it in 2014 and her team didn't even make the playoffs.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/14/17 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

It seems to be a more recent trend of that not being the case, Jewell Loyd and Chiney Ogwumike.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 08/14/17 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

It seems to be a more recent trend of that not being the case, Jewell Loyd and Chiney Ogwumike.

Actually it was Loyd and Seimone Augustus. The Sun improved from 10-24 to 13-21 in Chiney Ogwumike's rookie season.

PostPosted: 08/14/17 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know there's a chart of this out there somewhere. Maya's 2011 team had the biggest improvement, but maybe it only went back so many years. This chart would be handy right about now.

Why is the 20 min criteria most important and you ignore the 40+% fgp observation? Only one rookie who is playing more than 20 mpg is also above 40% fgp. That rookie would be Sykes.

Why is 20 mpg such an important criteria here, and yet you ignore a certain minimum number of games for MVP? You're the only one who thinks 20-gamer Delle Donne is a viable candidate for MVP, ignoring and thereby disrespecting more legitimate candidates. That's why people get upset. Nobody wants to see their candidate thrown into the Other pile when it's unnecessary to do so.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/14/17 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another week, another thread complaining about pilight's criteria. Make your own thread if you don't like his. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by lynxmania on 08/14/17 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 08/14/17 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People often make real cases for sub 40% shooters to be ROY. Look at how many people say Lauren Jackson should have won in 2001 despite shooting 37% from the floor. Only people who are deliberately trolling try to make a case for someone playing fewer than 20 MPG as ROY.

As for MVP, no one has suggested a better method for choosing candidates. When I did it subjectively people complained even more than they do now. Go back to the 2011 MVP threads and look how much bitching there was about me leaving off Whalen.

#NATC

PostPosted: 08/14/17 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
That's why people get upset.

Do they though??

PostPosted: 08/14/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

also, in terms of All-Rookie team, Talbot has slowly slipped out thanks to adding Currie in Phoenix. Hoping this gets Whitcomb on the list.

All-Rookie team:
Plum
Gray
Davis
Whitcomb
Sykes

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Huskie

PostPosted: 08/14/17 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
also, in terms of All-Rookie team, Talbot has slowly slipped out thanks to adding Currie in Phoenix. Hoping this gets Whitcomb on the list.

All-Rookie team:
Plum
Gray
Davis
Whitcomb
Sykes

Talbot gave the starting job away by never taking a shot, even when she was wide open! She started strong and has lost her way as the season has gone on. Not even performing well against the second tier players she's now going against. She'll rebound next year I'm hoping.

PostPosted: 08/14/17 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gray All The Way. Not another hour not another day! May ping pongs bless our play!!

PostPosted: 08/15/17 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP

PostPosted: 08/15/17 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Advantage Gray.

Code:

Year    Tm  G  MP  PER  TS% eFG% 3PAr  FTr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg  DRtg OWS DWS  WS WS/48
2017   DAL 29 807 16.9 .489 .420 .303 .356  7.1 11.5  9.2  8.9  2.9  1.8  8.2 22.4  106   110 1.3 0.4 1.7  .101
2017   ATL 28 663 14.7 .486 .439 .235 .281  3.7 15.2  9.2 14.9  1.3  1.8 11.1 27.3   97   104 0.1 0.8 0.9  .065

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/15/17 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP wrote:
Advantage Gray.

Code:

Year    Tm  G  MP  PER  TS% eFG% 3PAr  FTr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg  DRtg OWS DWS  WS WS/48
2017   DAL 29 807 16.9 .489 .420 .303 .356  7.1 11.5  9.2  8.9  2.9  1.8  8.2 22.4  106   110 1.3 0.4 1.7  .101
2017   ATL 28 663 14.7 .486 .439 .235 .281  3.7 15.2  9.2 14.9  1.3  1.8 11.1 27.3   97   104 0.1 0.8 0.9  .065

On nearly 300 more possessions as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: