RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Embarrassing moments on live TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDHoops

PostPosted: 08/09/17 3:21 pm    ::: Embarrassing moments on live TV Reply Reply with quote

A few memories that I've had recently are when Sophia Young was a junior at the 2005 Final Four and the camera would show her mom a lot. One time, they caught her right in the middle of picking her nose! Laughing

Another one that's been mentioned on here a few times is the Swin Cash rebound and basket for UCLA her freshman season.

What are some embarrassing or crazy moments caught on tv that you can recall?

StevenHW

PostPosted: 08/09/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would not call it embarrassing, but more in the bizarre way...

About 12 years ago, when Pokey Chatman was coaching LSU allegedly said something to Baylor coach Kim Mulkey during the postgame handshakes, and Mulkey later claimed that Pokey said something "unprofessional" to her.

http://www.espn.com/ncw/columns/story?columnist=lieberman_nancy&id=2317846

PostPosted: 08/09/17 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Handshake line stories abound...
Al Brown allegedly being "discourteous" to Geno, contributing to the Tenn-UConn feud.
The televised incident of Geno patting Kim Mulkey on the a$$.
PHS being so upset at Tenn's play that she forgot to shake the opposing coach's hand (?Gail G), then remembering and feeling mortified in the locker room and going back out to do it.

This faux pas was fortunately not recorded, but after pregame warmups, one of my teammates was taking off her warmup suit prior to center court introductions and pulled her shorts off along with her warmup pants, disclosing pink panties to everyone in the gym before she realized what she'd done.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/10/17 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember seeing Cappie have words for Geno during the Big East tourney i believe when she was at rutgers back in the day ! I knew she was bat crazy then !

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: