RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Lynx @ Dream - 8/08/17
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Lynx
57%
 57%  [ 15 ]
Dream
42%
 42%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 26

Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 44369



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/07/17 8:08 pm    ::: Lynx @ Dream - 8/08/17 Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta, GA - 7:00 PM ET
TV: FOX Sports South, Fox Sports North Plus
Online: League Pass

Game info:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20170808/MINATL



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 2802
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/07/17 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This should be an epic tank battle, as the Dream are doing everything possible to make sure they lose as many games as possible in order to maximize the value of their 3rd round pick, and the Lynx are intentionally losing games probably to avoid the potential historic embarassment of winning 30+ games in the regular season and not winning the champioship one year after being the 2nd team in history to win 28 games and not win a title. Smile


LynxFan32



Joined: 20 Apr 2016
Posts: 73



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 2:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
This should be an epic tank battle, as the Dream are doing everything possible to make sure they lose as many games as possible in order to maximize the value of their 3rd round pick, and the Lynx are intentionally losing games probably to avoid the potential historic embarassment of winning 30+ games in the regular season and not winning the champioship one year after being the 2nd team in history to win 28 games and not win a title. Smile

Just stop commenting and being ridiculous...smh



_________________
Hot Bod
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14469
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 3:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
This should be an epic tank battle, as the Dream are doing everything possible to make sure they lose as many games as possible in order to maximize the value of their 3rd round pick, and the Lynx are intentionally losing games probably to avoid the potential historic embarassment of winning 30+ games in the regular season and not winning the champioship one year after being the 2nd team in history to win 28 games and not win a title. Smile

Just stop commenting and being ridiculous...smh


Yes pls stop. Im not even a Lynx fan and i find it annoying



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6590



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like it. Plus, it gives lots of great things for Reeve to post in the Lynx locker room and scream in her players ears during timeouts.

"You losers are as bad as Spacejam says!"


Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 2692
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I like it. Plus, it gives lots of great things for Reeve to post in the Lynx locker room and scream in her players ears during timeouts.

"You losers are as bad as Spacejam says!"


I can see it now. Reeve combing rebkell for bulletin board quotes to fire up the troops. Laughing



_________________
Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4095
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
LynxFan32 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
This should be an epic tank battle, as the Dream are doing everything possible to make sure they lose as many games as possible in order to maximize the value of their 3rd round pick, and the Lynx are intentionally losing games probably to avoid the potential historic embarassment of winning 30+ games in the regular season and not winning the champioship one year after being the 2nd team in history to win 28 games and not win a title. Smile

Just stop commenting and being ridiculous...smh


Yes pls stop. Im not even a Lynx fan and i find it annoying


Ive secretly enjoyed the banter but enough is enough. Laughing



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 2802
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
This should be an epic tank battle, as the Dream are doing everything possible to make sure they lose as many games as possible in order to maximize the value of their 3rd round pick, and the Lynx are intentionally losing games probably to avoid the potential historic embarassment of winning 30+ games in the regular season and not winning the champioship one year after being the 2nd team in history to win 28 games and not win a title. Smile

Just stop commenting and being ridiculous...smh


I remember you and other Lynx fans, saying the Lynx would win the WNBA Title last year. Nothing I have said is more ridiculous than that since the Lynx obviously didn't win the WNBA title last year, even if it was because they performed one of the greatest choke jobs in sports history (at least the Falcons losing in the Super Bowl made sure the Lynx losing wasn't the biggest choke job in history). Very Happy


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6590



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Falcon choked in the Superbowl twice. Dream choked in the finals 3 x and I lost count of how many times the Hawks and Braves have choked. Atlanta has a culture that celebrates losers. That's why the drive around town with the losing side's flag in the Civil War on the back of their pickup trucks......

So we are the greatest losers Spacey.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54946
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Falcon choked in the Superbowl twice. Dream choked in the finals 3 x and I lost count of how many times the Hawks and Braves have choked. Atlanta has a culture that celebrates losers. That's why the drive around town with the losing side's flag in the Civil War on the back of their pickup trucks......

So we are the greatest losers Spacey.


You have to factor in how many Minnesota sports titles have come from cheating, like that fat pig Hrbek pulling Ron Gant off of first base.



_________________
I'm a rebel just for kicks, now
I been feeling it since 1966, now
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6590



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe our failure to cheat is the reason we lose. Any way we can be proud now that we are just about the only team that has taken the high road and removed all incentives to tank. NY, Dallas, Seattle, Indiana, Chicago and SA can't say that.


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 2802
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
Falcon choked in the Superbowl twice. Dream choked in the finals 3 x and I lost count of how many times the Hawks and Braves have choked. Atlanta has a culture that celebrates losers. That's why the drive around town with the losing side's flag in the Civil War on the back of their pickup trucks......

So we are the greatest losers Spacey.


You have to factor in how many Minnesota sports titles have come from cheating, like that fat pig Hrbek pulling Ron Gant off of first base.


At least it's good to know that tepid Atlanta fans are worse than the most notorious & vulgar Lynx fans. Smile

Plus the 1998 Vikings performed the greatest choke-job in Minnesota sports history against Atlanta, so it's all even. 😂


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 2802
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Falcon choked in the Superbowl twice. Dream choked in the finals 3 x and I lost count of how many times the Hawks and Braves have choked. Atlanta has a culture that celebrates losers. That's why the drive around town with the losing side's flag in the Civil War on the back of their pickup trucks......

So we are the greatest losers Spacey.


My brother is a Marlins fan, so we laugh all the time about how the Marlins have twice as many World Series titles as Braves since the Marlins became a franchise, despite only having 2 seasons in franchise history in which they were any good (and of course, those two years they finished 2nd in the NL East behind the Braves). Very Happy


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6590



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe I should just give up sports or root for a team from another city, like most Atlanta fans do. Tonight the Cult of Maya will probably be in full force outnumbering and drowning out the dozens of Dream fans. I really wish that Indiana would have lost so the Lynx overconfidence would continue. But sadly, they will probably be out for blood donations tonight. I'm betting godsylla will have spent the last two days sharpening her elbows to a fine point.


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 2802
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Maybe I should just give up sports or root for a team from another city, like most Atlanta fans do. Tonight the Cult of Maya will probably be in full force outnumbering and drowning out the dozens of Dream fans. I really wish that Indiana would have lost so the Lynx overconfidence would continue. But sadly, they will probably be out for blood donations tonight. I'm betting godsylla will have spent the last two days sharpening her elbows to a fine point.


Even worse is that a majority of the 20% of the fans at the Dream game tonight who won't be cheering for Maya & her team will probably be cheering for the Lynx to win just so some crazy guy named SpaceJam on RebKell's doesn't go on another drunken rant tonight. Smile


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6590



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It will be depressing as the scores of Maya fans should drown out the dozens of Dream fans.

But I can't wait anyway to see the reuniting of the Dream and Tamara Young. I'm hoping next season we can sign Erika, Camile, and Ivory to remake the 2008 Dream!!




Last edited by Randy on 08/08/17 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 54946
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
But I can't wait anyway to see the reuniting of the Dream and Tamara Young. I'm hoping next season we can sign Erika, Camile, and Ivory to remake the 2008 Dream!!


That would explain why I saw Jennifer Lacy at a game recently...



_________________
I'm a rebel just for kicks, now
I been feeling it since 1966, now
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6590



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Izi is still playing somewhere. For a team that was pretty bad, there are still a lot of players still playing in the WNBA.


scrappy



Joined: 18 May 2006
Posts: 1703



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hahaha, you guys are acting like hockey fans. Laughing



_________________
She's blonde, she can block. She is 6 foot five, she can deny. Though she is tall, she definitely can score. ya'al think she is quite nice, but on the court she can put up a fight.
Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 488
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
hahaha, you guys are acting like hockey fans. Laughing


Hockey fans are so much worse.


Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 2692
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Maybe our failure to cheat is the reason we lose. Any way we can be proud now that we are just about the only team that has taken the high road and removed all incentives to tank. NY, Dallas, Seattle, Indiana, Chicago and SA can't say that.

Don't say that tank word too loud. We don't want the Commissioner to hear. Laughing
Now how would Atlanta fans feel if the Dream was in the lottery and the Sky made the playoffs? Very Happy



_________________
Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces.
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 2802
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
hahaha, you guys are acting like hockey fans. Laughing


The only way a Minnesota hockey team ever could win a championship was to move to Texas. Only the State of Hockey can win the Stanley Cup fewer times (zero) than teams in Texas, California, and Florida. Smile




Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 08/08/17 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6590



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Randy wrote:
Maybe our failure to cheat is the reason we lose. Any way we can be proud now that we are just about the only team that has taken the high road and removed all incentives to tank. NY, Dallas, Seattle, Indiana, Chicago and SA can't say that.

Don't say that tank word too loud. We don't want the Commissioner to hear. Laughing
Now how would Atlanta fans feel if the Dream was in the lottery and the Sky made the playoffs? Very Happy


Dream are the only team above suspicion when it comes to tanking. We are the the team of Integrity.


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6590



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We've had two hockey teams, but they didn't lose often enough in the playoffs so we ran them out of town. In fact, out of the country.


Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 488
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
We've had two hockey teams, but they didn't lose often enough in the playoffs so we ran them out of town. In fact, out of the country.


Could be worse. Your basketball team could leave and become the Clippers.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5967



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who put this B.S schedule together ?.....This will be the 3rd time Atlanta's played minnesota in the last 5 games.


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Who put this B.S schedule together ?.....This will be the 3rd time Atlanta's played minnesota in the last 5 games.


The same thing happened when we played Phoenix. Played them 3 games out of 5.


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1120



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#LosLynx!



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There we go Nae! Smile


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1120



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good start for Maya, Syl, and Monty.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 419



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Randy wrote:
We've had two hockey teams, but they didn't lose often enough in the playoffs so we ran them out of town. In fact, out of the country.


Could be worse. Your basketball team could leave and become the Clippers.


Could be even worse: you could have a basketball team show up and become the Clippers.



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plenette has got to knock those shots down. Syl gave her a nice pass out of the double and blows the layup.


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1120



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would like to see Howard get more playing time to end the season. She can be very effective.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 419



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like I remember people projecting Howard as having the potential to be a poor woman's Tamika Catchings. Why did Indiana give her up, if she had that kind of upside, and why to Minnesota, of all teams?



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
I would like to see Howard get more playing time to end the season. She can be very effective.


Same. I think her transition to the 3 position is really hurting her chances to get on the court - especially with Maya in front of her. Plenette took a lot of her time at the 4 that she had last year. It's nice to see her get some time at the 4 lately.


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1120



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
I would like to see Howard get more playing time to end the season. She can be very effective.


Same. I think her transition to the 3 position is really hurting her chances to get on the court - especially with Maya in front of her. Plenette took a lot of her time at the 4 that she had last year. It's nice to see her get some time at the 4 lately.


She was so good for us last year. It's too bad Pierson has taken a lot of her minutes this season.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Syl not being in foul trouble and effective tonight = Great Things


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1120



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1,2,3! Fire the Referee!

Laughing Laughing Laughing



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
dinkytown



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 2205



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1, 2, 3,
Foul the referee

Laughing Laughing Laughing


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This lady's chant is killing me

"1, 2, 3... fire the referees" Laughing


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm glad that dinkytown and adamj95 heard it, too Laughing


dinkytown



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 2205



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
This lady's chant is killing me

"1, 2, 3... fire the referees" Laughing


Oh I thought she said foul lol.. still hilarious.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5967



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
I would like to see Howard get more playing time to end the season. She can be very effective.


Same. I think her transition to the 3 position is really hurting her chances to get on the court - especially with Maya in front of her. Plenette took a lot of her time at the 4 that she had last year. It's nice to see her get some time at the 4 lately.


Howard is a wasted asset.Minny should have traded her for a young PG or 1st rd pick when they had the opportunity.Howard will be a RFA at the end of the season.Will minnesota match a max contract offer ?


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Syl likes playing in Atlanta! Razz


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1120



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
I would like to see Howard get more playing time to end the season. She can be very effective.


Same. I think her transition to the 3 position is really hurting her chances to get on the court - especially with Maya in front of her. Plenette took a lot of her time at the 4 that she had last year. It's nice to see her get some time at the 4 lately.


Howard is a wasted asset.Minny should have traded her for a young PG or 1st rd pick when they had the opportunity.Howard will be a RFA at the end of the season.Will minnesota match a max contract offer ?


How so? I doubt Perkins and Pierson both will be back next season. That frees up at least 1 max contract.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sykes didn't need to jump to contest. Just go straight up and have Mone shoot over you with the shot clock winding down.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 5967



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
I would like to see Howard get more playing time to end the season. She can be very effective.


Same. I think her transition to the 3 position is really hurting her chances to get on the court - especially with Maya in front of her. Plenette took a lot of her time at the 4 that she had last year. It's nice to see her get some time at the 4 lately.


Howard is a wasted asset.Minny should have traded her for a young PG or 1st rd pick when they had the opportunity.Howard will be a RFA at the end of the season.Will minnesota match a max contract offer ?


How so? I doubt Perkins and Pierson both will be back next season. That frees up at least 1 max contract.


If the plan is to give Howard a max contract,why even sign Pierson to begin with ? ......give Howard an opportunity to develop her game at the PF position.Minny will still have the option of matching a max offer then doing a sign/trade.So atleast they have some control over the situation.


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7910
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meadors in the house! Cooper, watch out! Razz


Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 419



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heh... SEA/CON goes to halftime, so I switch over to MIN/ATL, just in time to hear LaChina say something like, "Games like this really show where the Dream miss Angel McCoughtry," and my first thought was, "Nobody better tell Randy she said that!"



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 44369



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/08/17 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Syl likes playing in Atlanta! Razz


Don't give her any ideas.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin