someone else
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 46

pilight

PostPosted: 08/14/17 6:49 am    ::: MVP Reply Reply with quote

Monday Poll time!

PostPosted: 08/14/17 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fowles will win it, but I'm still going for JJ. The Lynx would still be winning games if Fowles didn't force her way onto the Lynx team a couple years ago. But the Sun would be no where near the top of the standings if it weren't for JJ. But it's a 'most valuable player of the league' award, not a 'most valuable player of a team' award. Plus, I'm a JJ and Sun homer.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/14/17 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I vote for all the WNBA refs for the excellent job they are doing this year. We fans love games that are three hours long because of all the reviews. It makes us feel like we are watching a football game. Coach Reeve has received her wish. The refs are reviewing the simple things to make sure they are correct. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/14/17 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I vote for all the WNBA refs for the excellent job they are doing this year. We fans love games that are three hours long because of all the reviews. It makes us feel like we are watching a football game. Coach Reeve has received her wish. The refs are reviewing the simple things to make sure they are correct. Laughing

But it DOES give us time to go get a beer and hot dog though

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 08/14/17 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sure she won't win, but Parker has been playing some outstanding basketball since the All star break and has her team 7 and 3 since then.
toad455

PostPosted: 08/14/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I'm sure she won't win, but Parker has been playing some outstanding basketball since the All star break and has her team 7 and 3 since then.

Parker sucked pretty badly yesterday against New York.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/17 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Wasn't just parker . The entire team did , but of course she gets the blame when they lose alot so .

PostPosted: 08/14/17 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Wasn't just parker . The entire team did , but of course she gets the blame when they lose alot so .

Probably because she doesnt play defense or makes any effort to box players out and then when on offense she also decides to keep on shooting bricks from the perimeter instead of attacking and driving then Agler and everyone else has a right to be a bit pissed off..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/17 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Probably because she doesnt play defense or makes any effort to box players out and then when on offense she also decides to keep on shooting bricks from the perimeter instead of attacking and driving then Agler and everyone else has a right to be a bit pissed off..

14 & 7 for Candace
12 & 6 for Nneka ...so should everyone be pissed at nneka also ?

PostPosted: 08/14/17 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

14 & 7 for Candace

Nneka's poor showing against the Lynx forced Parker to work harder and longer than she wanted.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 08/14/17 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

And she played on another level, that’s what makes Parker an MVP to me.

14 & 7 for Candace

Nneka's poor showing against the Lynx forced Parker to work harder and longer than she wanted.
justintyme

PostPosted: 08/14/17 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parker definitely can play some outstanding basketball, but she seldom does it for an entire season. I'm sorry, but playing well "since the All-Star break" does not an MVP make.

For someone as talented as she is, she sure disappears a lot.

PostPosted: 08/14/17 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

Parker definitely can play some outstanding basketball, but she seldom does it for an entire season. I'm sorry, but playing well "since the All-Star break" does not an MVP make.

Your description of Parker sounds a lot like the other Tennessee Vols player that everyone loves, Miss DeShields. Very Happy

PostPosted: 08/14/17 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Your description of Parker sounds a lot like the other Tennessee Vols player that everyone loves, Miss DeShields. Very Happy

Yep - she disappeared from North Carolina, she disappeared from the Lady Vols.

But heck - an invisible player would be a great asset in basketball.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/14/17 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Griner & Delle Donne missing games due to injury/injuries, it's really a three player field. Fowles is, IMO, the clear choice. Then there's J. Jones & Tina Charles. N. Ogwumike would be fourth. After that, who knows.

MVP Rankings:
1. Fowles
2. J. Jones
3. Charles
4. N. Ogwumike
5. Parker
6. Diggins
7. Stewart
8. Taurasi
9. A. Thomas
10. Vandersloot

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
bballgrl

PostPosted: 08/14/17 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
With Griner & Delle Donne missing games due to injury/injuries, it's really a three player field. Fowles is, IMO, the clear choice. Then there's J. Jones & Tina Charles. N. Ogwumike would be fourth. After that, who knows.

MVP Rankings:
1. Fowles
2. J. Jones
3. Charles
4. N. Ogwumike
5. Parker
6. Diggins
7. Stewart
8. Taurasi
9. A. Thomas
10. Vandersloot

Fowles will probably get it but my question is will they insert BG back in the running or are they just going to ignore her past #'s. She is still the leading scorer and blocks I believe. Sly has the best FG%. As far as Parker, with her numbers I don't think she should even be considered for MVP.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/14/17 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks just beat the Lynx as Nneka put up 3 points on 1-8 from the field. If Parker has that kind of game they're not beating anyone. Nneka put up 28-13 and 27-14 in losses this season, if Parker has that kind of game the Sparks are winning it, period.

To me there's no question about which player is more valuable to the Sparks.

justintyme

PostPosted: 08/14/17 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Sparks just beat the Lynx as Nneka put up 3 points on 1-8 from the field. If Parker has that kind of game they're not beating anyone. Nneka put up 28-13 and 27-14 in losses this season, if Parker has that kind of game the Sparks are winning it, period.

I agree. It's Alana Beard.

PostPosted: 08/15/17 6:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Fowles will probably get it but my question is will they insert BG back in the running or are they just going to ignore her past #'s. She is still the leading scorer and blocks I believe.

She's the leader in them per game. I really don't think she's winning MVP playing 26 games (which is now the max she can play in). Not when there are other strong candidates.

If Fowles got hurt and missed the remainder of the Lynx schedule, maybe Griner gets back in the conversation, but even then it probably doesn't happen.

PostPosted: 08/15/17 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

But its ok for ROY ?

PostPosted: 08/15/17 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

I agree. It's Alana Beard.

You could be on to something here..... Idea Idea

PostPosted: 08/15/17 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
justintyme wrote:

But its ok for ROY ?

ROY has a tendency to not have any player that goes the full season without dissappearing for awhile. It is the nature of rookies. And if one does manage to not, they tend to run away with the award.

PostPosted: 08/15/17 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
justintyme wrote:

But its ok for ROY ?

ROY has a tendency to not have any player that goes the full season without dissappearing for awhile. It is the nature of rookies. And if one does manage to not, they tend to run away with the award.

Well sykes has made a case for 1/2 of a season on a team 2nd to last and people seem to think shes the ROY now.

PostPosted: 08/15/17 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
justintyme wrote:

But its ok for ROY ?

Well sykes has made a case for 1/2 of a season on a team 2nd to last and people seem to think shes the ROY now.

She does have a case since there is only one other reasonable choice and that is Gray. And while Gray has had a solid season, she has also disappeared for significant stretches. I would still go with Gray, but a fairly strong case for Sykes can be made.

PostPosted: 08/15/17 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
justintyme wrote:

But its ok for ROY ?

<Pedant>

It's been more than "1/2 of a season," and you should really stop spreading that lie. It was more like the first half of the first half of the season. When you really get down to it, we're talking about a difference of three games. Sykes has only had three more low/no impact games than Gray has; the biggest difference is that Gray has had her bad games scattered throughout the season, and Sykes had most of hers all in a row. But that still doesn't add up to "1/2 of a season," no matter how you try to do the math on that.

</Pedant>

Also, FWIW, comparing games of 15+ points this season:

Gray: 11, in 29 games
Sykes: 12, in 28 games

... So, an argument could be made that Sykes has been putting up numbers for more of the season than Gray has.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: