RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who should the sparks sign next season
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballchick

PostPosted: 10/04/17 9:46 pm    ::: Who should the sparks sign next season Reply Reply with quote

Kelsey bone

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/05/17 11:10 am    ::: Re: Who should the sparks sign next season Reply Reply with quote

bballchick wrote:
Kelsey bone

Heck no , we dont need any other lazy posts. Package Lavender & Riquana For Chiney !!

PostPosted: 10/05/17 1:22 pm    ::: Re: Who should the sparks sign next season Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
bballchick wrote:
Kelsey bone

Heck no , we dont need any other lazy posts. Package Lavender & Riquana For Chiney !!

Heck no, we aren't giving her up.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 10/05/17 1:31 pm    ::: Re: Who should the sparks sign next season Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
bballchick wrote:
Kelsey bone

I'm sure the Executive of the Year Curt Miller will get a better package than that for Chiney.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/05/17 1:37 pm    ::: Re: Who should the sparks sign next season Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
bballchick wrote:
Kelsey bone

I'm sure the Executive of the Year Curt Miller will get a better package than that for Chiney.

I'm sure the Executive of the Year Curt Miller is going to keep Chiney.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 10/05/17 2:07 pm    ::: Re: Who should the sparks sign next season Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
bballchick wrote:
Kelsey bone

Probably. I don't like how CT's spacing is looking if that's the case though. AT and Williams aren't 3pt threats and JT's 40% may have been a fluke... She didn't trust her shot at all in the playoffs (it's one game, I know, but it's telling imo). So you're looking at a lineup where at best 3 players can't stretch the floor and the best shooter is also an elite rebounder so you don't want her to actually shoot many 3s.

Then again, who could he actually trade Chiney for that fixes those issues?

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 10/05/17 4:17 pm    ::: Re: Who should the sparks sign next season Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
bballchick wrote:
Kelsey bone

No thank you. Lavender and Riquna Williams are NOT worth Chiney. She ain’t goin nowhere.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 10/05/17 4:19 pm    ::: Re: Who should the sparks sign next season Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
bballchick wrote:
Kelsey bone

Probably. I don't like how CT's spacing is looking if that's the case though. AT and Williams aren't 3pt threats and JT's 40% may have been a fluke... She didn't trust her shot at all in the playoffs (it's one game, I know, but it's telling imo). So you're looking at a lineup where at best 3 players can't stretch the floor and the best shooter is also an elite rebounder so you don't want her to actually shoot many 3s.

Jas was mourning the death of her beloved grandmother a couple days before the playoffs started. It affected her game.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 10/05/17 4:23 pm    ::: Re: Who should the sparks sign next season Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
bballchick wrote:
Kelsey bone

Jas was mourning the death of her beloved grandmother a couple days before the playoffs started. It affected her game.

I did not know that. Fair point.

sigur3

PostPosted: 10/05/17 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cappie Pondexter, please

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 10/05/17 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bring Imani Boynette back home.

blaase22

PostPosted: 10/05/17 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Bring Imani Boynette back home.

She's worth a lottery pick though Laughing
But you might be able to talk Atlanta into taking Lavender.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/05/17 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Beard retires or you want to replace Carson I would probably take a serious look At K. Christmas. She has her detractors but she has decent size, is a decent defender, can shoot the 3, and would think would less likely to play here ball on a team with Gray, Sims, N. Ogwumike and Parker as the other 4 starters (if Beard retires) or as a 6 woman if she replaces Carson.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/05/17 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
If Beard retires or you want to replace Carson I would probably take a serious look At K. Christmas. She has her detractors but she has decent size, is a decent defender, can shoot the 3, and would think would less likely to play here ball on a team with Gray, Sims, N. Ogwumike and Parker as the other 4 starters (if Beard retires) or as a 6 woman if she replaces Carson.

A sign-and-trade of Christmas for #11? Agler might do it.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 10/05/17 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

No thanks. If Beard retires I wouldn't mind signing Christmas, although I'd hate watching her fake an injury for 3-5 mins EVERY game. Lol. Sims isn't going anywhere either. I do like Stokes, but I wouldn't trade Sims for her. Maybe we can get Tolo to come back sometime next season. But i doubt it with national team commitments. We need a 3pt shooter for sure.

PostPosted: 10/05/17 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could be wrong but I believe Christmas is an UFA. If LA (or NY for that matter) can sign her without giving up an asset I think it would be a good move.

I also think LA should give Jenna O'hea a call, she has played in LA and with Agler before, and if not Christmas could be a nice addition to replace Carson, or be added to the mix to help make up for the possible loss of Beard.

sigur3

PostPosted: 10/05/17 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Instead of going out of their way to get another 3pt shooter who won't get off Agler's bench, the Sparks could just take all of their 21-foot shooters and tell them to step back a few inches.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 10/06/17 4:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kiah stokes...?

frees up some time on Defense end for candace and nneka. and with candace and nneka, who needs lots of offense from stokes?

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 10/06/17 5:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What they really need to do is trade Nneka and let Parker play PF Wink

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/06/17 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Instead of going out of their way to get another 3pt shooter who won't get off Agler's bench, the Sparks could just take all of their 21-foot shooters and tell them to step back a few inches.

X__________

PostPosted: 10/06/17 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA's bench wasn't nearly as sucky as many want to make out. Agler just doesn't want to play them. Jackson-Jones looked fine in a couple of early games when the stars were still arriving, and Wiese had her moments (and might've actually developed given some playing time). I understand shortened playoff rotations but it got ridiculous in the postseason. He only had three posts who were going to play unless a hurricane hit the LA locker room, and one of them was an underperforming Lavender. For all the LA fan complaints, a big part of Nneka/Parker foul trouble is that Agler had no interest in ever sitting them, because there was no one he wanted to play instead.

A big part of improving LA's bench would just be using them, not necessarily acquiring new players to sit there.

PostPosted: 10/06/17 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Again, Agler likes smart players who he can trust. He was clearly looking for at least 1 more he could throw into the rotation as Williams was not cutting it. The problem is, if she can't shoot the ball every time she touches it, she then has to start thinking Shocked

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/06/17 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
LA's bench wasn't nearly as sucky as many want to make out. Agler just doesn't want to play them. Jackson-Jones looked fine in a couple of early games when the stars were still arriving, and Wiese had her moments (and might've actually developed given some playing time). I understand shortened playoff rotations but it got ridiculous in the postseason. He only had three posts who were going to play unless a hurricane hit the LA locker room, and one of them was an underperforming Lavender. For all the LA fan complaints, a big part of Nneka/Parker foul trouble is that Agler had no interest in ever sitting them, because there was no one he wanted to play instead.

A big part of improving LA's bench would just be using them, not necessarily acquiring new players to sit there.

Of course, Minnesota didn't go very deep in game five either ...

PostPosted: 10/06/17 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Of course, Minnesota didn't go very deep in game five either ...

But got meaningful contributions from Perkins, Montgomery, Howard, Pierson and Jones over the course of the series. Outside their starters, LA got meaningful contributions from... um... yeah. Lavender and Carson (and briefly Williams) were the only ones who even played, never mind contributed.

PostPosted: 10/06/17 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I would not oppose to this , Throw in Lavender As Insurance . Shes not ideal for our team but shes usable.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: