RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

At least Trump had the sense (or

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 07/28/17 9:08 pm    ::: At least Trump had the sense (or Reply Reply with quote

actually listened to someone with enough sense) to not have his first use of the presidential veto result in an override by a GOP controlled congress.

That would have been embarrassing.

Instead he's going to hold his nose and sign the Russia sanctions bill.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/28/17 9:42 pm    ::: Re: At least Trump had the sense (or Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
actually listened to someone with enough sense) to not have his first use of the presidential veto result in an override by a GOP controlled congress.

Putin probably told him to sign it. Wink

PostPosted: 08/01/17 3:51 pm    ::: Re: At least Trump had the sense (or Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Putin probably told him to sign it. Wink

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 08/02/17 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm wondering now whether he'll sign it.

The Huckster in her bullshit briefing yesterday said it's undergoing review before he signs it.

I have this suspicion they're preparing a statement that the limits on the President's powers in the sanctions bill are an unconstitutional infringement of the separation of powers and the authority of the President. I can see him now claiming he is following in the footsteps of Presidents from Ronald Reagan and others in standing up to preserve the powers of the Presidency assigned by the Constitution.

The real question is whether such a position would be enough to get House Republicans to fold and refuse to override the veto. It just might be.

EDIT

Nope, just got an alert that he signed the Act this morning. Glad to read that. Guess I'm just getting paranoid, but the scenario I painted above just seemed so Trumpian.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: