Mercury
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Sky
80%
 80%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 10

Shades

PostPosted: 07/25/17 2:54 pm    ::: Mercury @ Sky - 7/28/17 Reply Reply with quote

Rosemont, IL - 8:30 PM ET
TV: The U Too
Online: League Pass

Game info:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20170728/PHOCHI

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 07/28/17 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix getting a lottery pick isn't so far-fetched. Laughing ....Imagine adding Bonner and a lottery pick to this roster.

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/28/17 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Phoenix getting a lottery pick isn't so far-fetched. Laughing ....Imagine adding Bonner and a lottery pick to this roster.

so we think Bonner will be happy to stay in Phoenix with spouse playing in Indy? I wouldn't be surprised to see a S. Johnson for Bonner trade though I guess if Bonner is demanding the trade, Indy may be able to give up something less valuable. Maybe January would like to go 'home'. So Bonner for Coleman and January? Or maybe they switch first round picks with something else. It may be an interesting off season...but I don't think Bonner will be in a Mercury uniform next year.

Another way of looking at it is - imagine Indy with Bonner and a lottery pick.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 07/28/17 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Top trade prospect Boyette out this game with an ankle injury sustained in practice.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 07/28/17 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Taurasi there or does she have a toothache?

- Amanda Gorman
Brinx

PostPosted: 07/28/17 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Is Taurasi there or does she have a toothache?

Grumpy Taurasi is in the house and playing. But body language is looking like we should expect a T.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/28/17 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Leilani Mitchell just swatted Dolson's shot away! Shocked Laughing

---

PostPosted: 07/28/17 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very happy to see Cayla George producing tonight.
She's up to 14 points & 12 boards now Smile
(and 3 steals)

PostPosted: 07/28/17 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cappie's hairdo reminds me of Taj's a few years back... (not a good look)

- Amanda Gorman
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/28/17 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's not a hairdo. That's a hairdon't.

PostPosted: 07/28/17 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix gets 40+ bench points Surprised and the road win Very Happy despite DT scoring just 9 Sad
#emojinight

PostPosted: 07/28/17 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I think it's actually worse and that is saying alot! She's reminding me of those odd days in Phoenix when it looked like she was cutting her hair before each game with toddler scissors.... Confused

Randy

PostPosted: 07/28/17 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

---

I love it.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 07/28/17 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Taj's hair was no way close to the mess that Cappie's. Cap's hair looks terrible. I don't know how someone who is supposed to be a fashionesta(sp) would walk around, not to mention be on tv with her hair looking like it does! It looks aweful and unkept!

pilight

PostPosted: 07/28/17 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

It's a Fluffy Little Block!

PostPosted: 07/29/17 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FLB now has 9 blocks for the season. To put that in perspective, let's look at a cross section of bigger players, many known for their athleticism or defensive prowess. Alyssa Thomas has 8. Brunson, Vaughn, and Langhorne have 7. Hayes and Alex Montgomery have 6. Loyd, Chelsea Gray, and Zellous have 5. Courtney Williams and Jasmine Thomas have 4. And that's just raw totals. If you look at block percentage and sort for players who play at least 20 mpg, the five players immediately below Leilani are Moore, Beard, Dupree, Glory Johnson, and Little.

PostPosted: 07/29/17 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky lost to a PHX team playing without Griner and basically without DT as well. That was the least engaged I've ever seen her, in person anyway.

No excuse for that loss, unless...

tank back??

lynxmania

PostPosted: 07/29/17 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nvm

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/29/17 5:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
That's not a hairdo. That's a hairdon't.

Laughing Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/29/17 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
The Sky lost to a PHX team playing without Griner and basically without DT as well. That was the least engaged I've ever seen her, in person anyway.

No excuse for that loss, unless...

tank back??

Them balls! Them balls! Them lottery balls!

PostPosted: 07/29/17 8:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
zune69 wrote:

so we think Bonner will be happy to stay in Phoenix with spouse playing in Indy? I wouldn't be surprised to see a S. Johnson for Bonner trade though I guess if Bonner is demanding the trade, Indy may be able to give up something less valuable. Maybe January would like to go 'home'. So Bonner for Coleman and January? Or maybe they switch first round picks with something else. It may be an interesting off season...but I don't think Bonner will be in a Mercury uniform next year.

Another way of looking at it is - imagine Indy with Bonner and a lottery pick.

Oh they ain't getting Bonner without giving up their pick. No Way. They don;t really have any players to give us that are comparable....but they'll have to add someone in with the pick.....
Bonner has said over and over she will be back. If that does not happen the Mercury need to get real value for her.

PostPosted: 07/29/17 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
FLB now has 9 blocks for the season. To put that in perspective, let's look at a cross section of bigger players, many known for their athleticism or defensive prowess. Alyssa Thomas has 8. Brunson, Vaughn, and Langhorne have 7. Hayes and Alex Montgomery have 6. Loyd, Chelsea Gray, and Zellous have 5. Courtney Williams and Jasmine Thomas have 4. And that's just raw totals. If you look at block percentage and sort for players who play at least 20 mpg, the five players immediately below Leilani are Moore, Beard, Dupree, Glory Johnson, and Little.

I've noticed this over the years: Shot-blocking is a knack. Some people have it, and some people don't. I had a 5-7 guard who couldn't jump who had the knack but much more athletic kids didn't.

It's strange, and I guess it's a timing or feel thing, but I've never been able to teach it, nor has anyone else that I know. When a tall girl has the knack, you have something -- one year we had a 6-3 girl who really couldn't do anything else, but she was a great shotblocker. Long and just had the feel for it. We've had other tall players who just can't do it, and smaller players who somehow come up with much more than their share.

It's a weird skill ... but a valuable one.

PostPosted: 07/29/17 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
root_thing wrote:

I've noticed this over the years: Shot-blocking is a knack. Some people have it, and some people don't. I had a 5-7 guard who couldn't jump who had the knack but much more athletic kids didn't.

It's strange, and I guess it's a timing or feel thing, but I've never been able to teach it, nor has anyone else that I know. When a tall girl has the knack, you have something -- one year we had a 6-3 girl who really couldn't do anything else, but she was a great shotblocker. Long and just had the feel for it. We've had other tall players who just can't do it, and smaller players who somehow come up with much more than their share.

It's a weird skill ... but a valuable one.

Mitchell never had more than 6 blocks in an entire season previous to this year. Either it's an aberration or perhaps it really is a skill that can be learned. Maybe not taught, but developed over time. Leilani is a much more aggressive player now than she was back in her Liberty days. Playing regularly in Australia and reaching star status there has instilled her with a lot of confidence. You see it in the way she attacks the basket, which she was reluctant to do before playing in Australia. FLB has added a lot to her bag of tricks. My guess is that the increase in blocks is a combination of more aggressiveness play (i.e., more attempts) as well as better timing learned cumulatively after each successful block.

PostPosted: 07/29/17 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A strip on a drive to the basket, just as the ball is gathered to go up for a shot, can be considered a block. Just depends on the scorekeeper and often times, if it results in a dead ball, if the home team is playing defense.

My guess is Mitchell has a fair amount of those rather than what we traditionally think of as a blocked shot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: