RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Five trades the WNBA thinks the WNBA should make
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamj95

PostPosted: 07/25/17 11:52 am    ::: Five trades the WNBA thinks the WNBA should make Reply Reply with quote

https://summitthoops.com/2017/07/25/five-trades-wnba-wants/

Quote:
With so many teams in limbo, everyone seems to have an opinion. Here are five trades suggested by people within the WNBA. The only rule was, it couldn’t involve your own team.

sigur3

PostPosted: 07/25/17 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cappie to PHX for a 2nd rounder? YES PLEASE

pilight

PostPosted: 07/25/17 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cappie and Diana together again? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 07/25/17 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only trade proposal they have that might work in the real world is the Colson trade.

PostPosted: 07/25/17 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
The only trade proposal they have that might work in the real world is the Colson trade.

Consider the source

braveniler58

PostPosted: 07/25/17 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah the Cappie to Phoenix trade is hilarious Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 07/25/17 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want Coleman nowhere near the Storm except when she is playing big minutes for the opponent

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
tfan

PostPosted: 07/25/17 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the first trade Seattle gets a "desperately needed" rim protector. In the second trade Seattle trades Carolyn Swords to Indiana who needs a rim protector. 2nd round picks can be so worthless. Any trade involving a 2nd round pick should be when the team giving up the player has no plans to play them at all or is going to cut them. This year at least, that doesn't apply to Pondexter or Colson.

root_thing

PostPosted: 07/25/17 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Here are five trades suggested by people within the WNBA.

His sources were a high school intern, an usher, and the cotton-candy vendor.

PostPosted: 07/25/17 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

braveniler58 wrote:
Yeah the Cappie to Phoenix trade is hilarious Laughing Laughing

Megdal is a newbie, so I wonder if he realizes PHX and Cappie have already been there, done that.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 07/25/17 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Quote:

I believe he did have ONE source from the WNBA. It's the one who is a "contributing editor" to his website. Since this editor is involved in two of the trades, it's pretty obvious this editor wants to be traded from Chicago.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/25/17 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is hard to say which is the dumbest suggestion. Obviously the writer has a death wish for the Storm. But based on history there is one deal that could happen, with just a small tweak. I can see it now. The Liberty acquire Colson for a draft pick, but a second isn't enough. And so for the second time in history New York trades to get a Sydney for what turns out to be the number one overall pick in the draft.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/25/17 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Quote:

I wish I had your faith in people who run sports teams.

sigur3

PostPosted: 07/25/17 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Since this editor is involved in two of the trades, it's pretty obvious this editor wants to be traded from Chicago.

Oh?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/25/17 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swords for Anchonwa

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 07/25/17 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

K. Davis for Boyette, could be a decent trade and help both teams.
Nerd2

PostPosted: 07/25/17 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Sure, that makes the 2018 pick a lottery pick right now, but as one WNBA evaluator put it, “the point is, they don’t want to be in the lottery.”

The guy uses such weird labels for his sources. What the heck is a "WNBA evaluator?" I mean, all of us on this board could be called that. The guy is a writer, not a reporter. He is very careful with his language to the point where I feel he is trying to lead us to a certain conclusion that is not quite reality. His hatchet piece on Kelsey Plum used as its main source a "person familiar with Plum's thinking" which could be someone who has never met her but who has advised draft picks in the past. I know he was in Seattle and that he talked to people but I doubt many gave him anything special knowing his reputation for clickbait articles.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/25/17 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:

The more this season progresses this trade is looking better and better. Maybe Karima For Boyette & 2018 1st Rounder ?

PostPosted: 07/25/17 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:

The more this season progresses this trade is looking better and better. Maybe Karima For Boyette & 2018 1st Rounder ?

No

Nerd2

PostPosted: 07/25/17 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I believe he did have ONE source from the WNBA. It's the one who is a "contributing editor" to his website. Since this editor is involved in two of the trades, it's pretty obvious this editor wants to be traded from Chicago.

So you basically "believe" based on zero data and spin it into a whole theory? You're as bad as Megdal. And that's really the problem with this article: it's misleading. Billed as WNBA trade "rumors" it's really just one guy's speculation based on some disjointed conversations. No one in the WNBA would suggest Cappie to Phoenix. And that Loyd-for-Plum was an old one from pre-draft. No one competent would have mentioned it this weekend given that their actual starting SG had just won the 3-point shooting contest. What, you going to have Loyd come off the bench for the Sky? And with Plum coming off the bench and only now looking decent, trading her for either Boyette/'18 pick or Loyd would be completely stupid.

The Storm, at least, will surely stand pat. Swords wasn't playing because she was having trouble picking up the scheme. She's finally starting to look decent with it and they're not going to make the playoffs by trading her and starting over. And the Sky are playing very well with what they have, too, so why would they send Boyette away when she's finally found a niche? I could see them trying to get some value for Cappie but that's about it.

jmvcity

PostPosted: 07/25/17 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swords for Zahui B.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 07/25/17 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Quote:
Sure, that makes the 2018 pick a lottery pick right now, but as one WNBA evaluator put it, “the point is, they don’t want to be in the lottery.”

The guy uses such weird labels for his sources. What the heck is a "WNBA evaluator?" I mean, all of us on this board could be called that. The guy is a writer, not a reporter. He is very careful with his language to the point where I feel he is trying to lead us to a certain conclusion that is not quite reality. His hatchet piece on Kelsey Plum used as its main source a "person familiar with Plum's thinking" which could be someone who has never met her but who has advised draft picks in the past. I know he was in Seattle and that he talked to people but I doubt many gave him anything special knowing his reputation for clickbait articles.

But they tell you, some random fan, everything. Rolling Eyes I'm sure he talked to the same high-level WNBA people you do for his sources: The popcorn vendor, the janitor, and the guys who hand out the programs Laughing

PostPosted: 07/25/17 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Swords for Anchonwa

who likes Anchovies?

- Amanda Gorman
Nerd2

PostPosted: 07/25/17 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Quote:

But they tell you, some random fan, everything. Rolling Eyes I'm sure he talked to the same high-level WNBA people you do for his sources: The popcorn vendor, the janitor, and the guys who hand out the programs Laughing

Not even original, since that's Alan Barcoff's statement as he tries to bully down others. And, completely off topic as I never said anything about my access to players. Don't know why your personal obsession with me continues but it's aggravating.

Queenie

PostPosted: 07/25/17 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Quote:

Let's not forget the janitor. Wink

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: