RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Angel 'Two Scoops" McCoughtry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 07/24/17 10:35 am    ::: Angel 'Two Scoops" McCoughtry Reply Reply with quote

So Angel took the season off to rest but the real reason was to get her ice cream shop off the ground and running. From what I've heard, it's doing quite well. Question is, if McCoughtry's shop succeeds and starts making a profit, giving her an option to open other locations, does she decide to just quit the WNBA and her 100k+ summer salary and focus solely on her new business and supplementing her income by playing overseas during the winter.

I know it takes a couple years for a new restaurant of any type to start making a profit but if/once it does, I can't see her not opening other locations in Atlanta or even some other cities in the country.

Or does she return to the WNBA next season and for many many seasons to come because of her love of the game despite making pennies compared to overseas and what a chain of successful ice cream shops can earn her?

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/24/17 8:11 pm    ::: Re: Angel 'Two Scoops" McCoughtry Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
So Angel took the season off to rest but the real reason was to get her ice cream shop off the ground and running. From what I've heard, it's doing quite well. Question is, if McCoughtry's shop succeeds and starts making a profit, giving her an option to open other locations, does she decide to just quit the WNBA and her 100k+ summer salary and focus solely on her new business and supplementing her income by playing overseas during the winter.

I know it takes a couple years for a new restaurant of any type to start making a profit but if/once it does, I can't see her not opening other locations in Atlanta or even some other cities in the country.

Or does she return to the WNBA next season and for many many seasons to come because of her love of the game despite making pennies compared to overseas and what a chain of successful ice cream shops can earn her?

I respect her for thinking beyond basketball. A future for her and family are much more secure in being a successful woman than a short (in comparison) career as a pro athlete.

PostPosted: 07/24/17 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She said this winter would be her last overseas season

PostPosted: 07/24/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Really?? Ok. So maybe she wants to just play in the WNBA and use her ice cream shop to compensate for the over seas wages? That would be great for the league

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 07/24/17 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This post leaves me a little cold Razz

PostPosted: 07/25/17 3:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
pilight wrote:

Really?? Ok. So maybe she wants to just play in the WNBA and use her ice cream shop to compensate for the over seas wages? That would be great for the league

that's what I got from the article too is that she is hoping this'll keep her home and provide some longevity for her W career. They could use her help RN, though!

miller40

PostPosted: 07/25/17 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
pilight wrote:

that's what I got from the article too is that she is hoping this'll keep her home and provide some longevity for her W career. They could use her help RN, though!

I hope Atlanta has a smoother transition working their superstar back in than the chemistry mess in Phoenix once Taurasi came back for her rest season.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 07/25/17 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
pilight wrote:

Having no Angel this season is the best thing for the Dream. They have two young stars in the making in Holmes and Sykes and they have a good chance at missing this years playoffs, resulting in a lottery pick in a very high end draft. Bring in a potential superstar rookie, add in Angel next year and viola. The Dream are back on top.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/25/17 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Between the ice cream shop and learning a new instrument she's really following her non basketball passions this summer, which has got to be good for the mind as well as the body.

PostPosted: 07/25/17 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When I first saw the thread title I thought this was going to be an Andrea Stinson comparison

#NATC

PostPosted: 09/30/19 4:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Louisville expansion!

Quote:
Angel McCoughtry is no stranger to Louisville hoops, and soon she'll be serving up Louisville scoops.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2019/09/28/angel-mccoughtry-open-ice-cream-shop-louisville/3799105002/

PostPosted: 09/30/19 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Louisville expansion!

Quote:
Angel McCoughtry is no stranger to Louisville hoops, and soon she'll be serving up Louisville scoops.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2019/09/28/angel-mccoughtry-open-ice-cream-shop-louisville/3799105002/

Prepping for if and when a WNBA lands there....

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: