RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sugar Tax?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/21/17 10:06 pm    ::: Sugar Tax? Reply Reply with quote

I went to the store earlier and bought 20 bottles of tea. (I know how bad that looks, but it really was the best way to do it for the situation.)

3 TW brand sweetened
7 GP brand sweetened
10 GP brand unsweetened

The GP brand was buy 10 for $10 and get the 11 one free.

The TW brand was buy 5 for $5.

The bill was $19.63 and the .63 was tax. It's only .63 but it's bugging the hell out of me.

What am I missing? Indiana has a 7% tax. Why were 9 taxed and which 9?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 07/21/17 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think only the sweetened are taxed. But in your "buy 10 GW get one free" deal they charged you for 10 unsweetened GW and 6 sweetened GW and gave you one of the GW sweetened free (probably the 11th GW rung up was sweetened) that also wasn't taxed. So 3 TW sweetened and 6 GW sweetened is what I think was taxed.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/22/17 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I think only the sweetened are taxed. But in your "buy 10 GW get one free" deal they charged you for 10 unsweetened GW and 6 sweetened GW and gave you one of the GW sweetened free (probably the 11th GW rung up was sweetened) that also wasn't taxed. So 3 TW sweetened and 6 GW sweetened is what I think was taxed.

That has to be it. Thanks! I was focused on them as 3, 7 and 10 and had forgotten about the free one!

That is still odd though. I've never heard of the sugar tax in Indiana.

Gonna have to go look that one up!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: