27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Sparks
72%
 72%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 18

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/20/17 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow! I like all the answers to Mavcarter's question. Can I alter my answer to all the above Laughing

PostPosted: 07/20/17 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

$10 says the Sky get in the playoffs ahead of Dallas and either Seattle or Atlanta.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/20/17 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
$10 says the Sky get in the playoffs ahead of Dallas and either Seattle or Atlanta.

If I took that bet I would probably lose my hard earned $10. But if neither Dallas or Seattle make the playoffs several people should be job hunting September 2017.

PostPosted: 07/20/17 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Chicago is a McCoughtry or Diggins away from being a title contender.

Not this again. Somebody bump the record player.

zune69 wrote:
2018 1st rd pick & Coates for McCoughtry right now

Well, Coates could reenter the draft. There'd have to be a stipulation that she gets signed this season. The commentators were thinking Coates might join the team in August, but what do they know.

zune69 wrote:
or...if chicago makes the playoffs

2018 1st rd pk, 2019 1st rd pk, Coates, and Young for McCoughtry.

You'd have to make that deal in February. I think Randy would love it. A shot at DDD, and shot at Asia Durr or maybe Katie Lou Samuelson, a roll of the dice with Coates (Randy likes to gamble), and the highly anticipated return of Young to ATL..... all for lil old McCoughtry, who Randy's been trying to unload for months. Zune's proposal means you could get a case of potato chips instead of just one bag for McCoughtry.

I'm not sure Coates is what we need. I don't want Diamond either - I'd much rather have the "original" instead of the mere copy. I thought my Angel trades were more than merely a bag of chips. But I don't remember most of them.

BTW - all star break is upon us and the trade deadline follows quickly after that. If Angel is coming back or is given a change of address kit, seems like it should be pretty soon. Unless she just plays in the playoff like she did in Lebanon.

Maybe this deal has legs though. Dream love all things USC and have Staley around from time to time. As for Young - is it merely a coincidence that her autographed jersey is listed on the Dream Pink Auction site???

And guess who's jersey is not for sale??? Razz Razz (Hint - the same person who has been purged from the team web page, Facebook and is no longer on the roster....)

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/20/17 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Why are the Sky continuing to win basketball games? Rolling Eyes

Because A'ja Wilson is not Brittney Griner or Elena Delle Donne

This....But Diamond DeShields Could be the next Tweety Nolan?

PostPosted: 07/20/17 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

What - spend most of her life in Russia and not return the WNBA? Anyway - hasn't she already decided to play for the Wings next year?

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 07/20/17 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Gives me vibes of Monty's shot last year during the regular season in LA last year
Yup and just like last season CP should have got in front of Sloot to make the pass to the corner impossible. Nice shot by Dolson tho these UConn girls love hitting game winning 3s in LA.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 07/20/17 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i couldn't watch this game this afternoon, but i just knew the Sparks were going to drop this one. all star game break mode.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/21/17 8:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

What - spend most of her life in Russia and not return the WNBA? Anyway - hasn't she already decided to play for the Wings next year?

Well shes halfway down that path . And yes she will play for my Wings , She will be the spicy meatballs to diggins & Grays spaghetti ! This is under the assumption we dont get the #1 pick in which id be a fool to not take Aja Wilson. DD is my secondary prize !

PostPosted: 07/21/17 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Then after she wins multiple WNBA championships she will become a Princess.

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/21/17 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it about time for the Riquna Williams experiment to end? 31.5% overall, 31.7% from three for a player whose value is almost completely wrapped up in her ability to score.

She's a mediocre rebounder, has more turnovers than assists and a PER of 9.5. (I don't consider PER perfect by any means, but the average is 15 and 9.5 tells me she's not helping her team, even if there is a substantial margin of error.)

PostPosted: 07/21/17 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Is it about time for the Riquna Williams experiment to end? 31.5% overall, 31.7% from three for a player whose value is almost completely wrapped up in her ability to score.

She's a mediocre rebounder, has more turnovers than assists and a PER of 9.5. (I don't consider PER perfect by any means, but the average is 15 and 9.5 tells me she's not helping her team, even if there is a substantial margin of error.)

They did have Sims out there alongside Gray and Beard late in their last game, but her shooting once you go beyond the basic percentage (so looking at true shooting %, or eFG%) is basically as bad as Williams's. Essence Carson isn't much better and offers even less creation. After that you're down to Wiese, who Agler doesn't really appear to trust yet. They have to get 50+ perimeter minutes from somewhere that aren't played by Gray and Beard.

PostPosted: 07/21/17 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
ClayK wrote:

They did have Sims out there alongside Gray and Beard late in their last game, but her shooting once you go beyond the basic percentage (so looking at true shooting %, or eFG%) is basically as bad as Williams's. Essence Carson isn't much better and offers even less creation. After that you're down to Wiese, who Agler doesn't really appear to trust yet. They have to get 50+ perimeter minutes from somewhere that aren't played by Gray and Beard.

My sense would be that both Sims and Carson are better defenders ...

They all three have about the same rebounding percentage, but Sims A/TO is significantly better, and Carson's is better as well.

PostPosted: 07/21/17 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I do tend to agree with you. I never thought Williams was that great even when she was drawing plaudits back in Tulsa, and I would tend to limit her minutes in favour of the others. Just pointing out that beyond Gray/Beard, LA's perimeter options haven't been great this season.

In fairness to Williams, she is coming off a major injury, and after the horrible start her monthly splits are trending upwards. I think they're still hoping she'll play her way into improving form. But she's never been particularly efficient, and alongside Gray - who's scoring fantastically, but still calls her own number a little too often on a team with Parker/Nneka - she doesn't seem like the greatest fit. I wouldn't be surprised if she's gone before next season, but I doubt they find a trade that provides a better option until the offseason.

PostPosted: 07/22/17 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

‘Hungry’ Chicago’s amazing comeback paralyzes LA

Quote:
“When you play a team that’s hungry in this league—there’s a lot of talent in this league on all of the teams, the hungriest teams are gonna win,” Los Angeles’ head coach Brian Agler stated on Chicago’s drive for success.

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 07/22/17 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was my favorite game of the season so far. Exciting down to the last play. Dolson's three had me like Shocked.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: