42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Mercury
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

miller40

PostPosted: 07/19/17 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The one thing that makes this bad officiating even worse is hearing Ann Meyers Drysdale commenting on this bad officiating.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/19/17 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
It's been a minute since we've had a terribad officiating performance. This crew knows fuck-all what they're doing.

Tom Mauer has taken the lead as my least favorite official. He whistles way too much and reviews every damn thing.

PostPosted: 07/19/17 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
The one thing that makes this bad officiating even worse is hearing Ann Meyers Drysdale commenting on this bad officiating.

And I'd even add on the fact that she's right about it too

PostPosted: 07/19/17 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jump ball between Hamson and Mitchell. This should be good.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 07/19/17 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tom Mauer needs to retire.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 07/19/17 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:

She's strictly a homer when it comes to officiating.

SCook

PostPosted: 07/19/17 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Potentially 6/7 more games of this.

PostPosted: 07/19/17 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:

When Angel Robinson & Cayla George are your center options, it won't be pretty.

SCook

PostPosted: 07/19/17 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
SCook wrote:

Honestly, I don't know what happened to George. She wasn't this bad before.

PostPosted: 07/19/17 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
toad455 wrote:
SCook wrote:

Honestly, I don't know what happened to George. She wasn't this bad before.

Hamson made her look like an amatuer out there.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/19/17 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chop, chop, chop....

kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 07/19/17 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Taurasi didn't get any help from her teammates today."

Well, where was she when her team lost to the Lynx Sunday!?

Queenie

PostPosted: 07/19/17 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kojthiabkuv wrote:
"Taurasi didn't get any help from her teammates today."

Well, where was she when her team lost to the Lynx Sunday!?

In Soviet Russia your teammates get no help from you?

PostPosted: 07/19/17 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was one terrible game re the f.... ref's calls. Some were right but a lot were just stupid calls, especially some of those against DT. They just call all kinds of fouls against her but she didn't lose her cool today. DT is the BEST wnba player no matter who got the ESPY for it. Especially when DT's name was even on the list. Sickening. They called just enough calls against the Merc to keep the Fever close and where was Turner for long periods of time, on the bench. I blame Sandy for that. Little missed so many shots she should have come out and Turner should have been in. GET WELL SOON BG!!!! It was good to see her on the bench today.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/19/17 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully this DT shows up when BG returns. If so watch out in the playoffs Exclamation

PostPosted: 07/19/17 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
That was one terrible game re the f.... ref's calls. Some were right but a lot were just stupid calls, especially some of those against DT. They just call all kinds of fouls against her but she didn't lose her cool today. DT is the BEST wnba player no matter who got the ESPY for it. Especially when DT's name was even on the list. Sickening. They called just enough calls against the Merc to keep the Fever close and where was Turner for long periods of time, on the bench. I blame Sandy for that. Little missed so many shots she should have come out and Turner should have been in. GET WELL SOON BG!!!! It was good to see her on the bench today.

5 or 6 yrs ago this would be true

PostPosted: 07/19/17 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:

i swear every post you make is complaining about calls Laughing
Even when Griner isn't playing Laughing

Tally24

PostPosted: 07/19/17 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will D-Rob ever develop a 3pt shot.....
sportsfan48

PostPosted: 07/19/17 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really think the officials in this league are terrible. It is renewal time for season tickets and I am seriously considering not coming back for that very reason. I don't enjoy watching the WNBA as much as I used to. I have been a season ticket holder since before the first regular season game was played. The officials diminish the talent on the court, IMO.

The bad calls usually go both ways but there is really no excuse for a lot of the bad stuff. Today, the Mercury got a couple of calls that we shouldn't have as well as the Fever getting a couple that they shouldn't have.

My biggest complaint on the technical calls is the inconsistency. I will admit that DT has done or said some things that have warranted some technical calls and I wish she would channel that intensity to her play on the court instead of towards the officials. When she does that, she is unstoppable. However, in the game today I saw actions and things from the Fever players that were probably off camera but would have resulted in a T if it were DT.

And the officials can't do that. They may hate DT (I am convinced that Tom Mauer looks for every opportunity he has to call a T on Dee) but they need to be consistent when they make their calls. I have stated before that it is a sad thing but I look to see who is officiating to get a feel if we have a chance or not. Today was not a good day. I felt from the start we had a disadvantage primarily due to Tom Mauer calling the game.

But the Mercury could have pulled this one off as a multi-point victory if we had just hit maybe 50% of our layups from our bigs. You cannot shoot less than 40 percent and have a very good chance of winning.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/19/17 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only thing Taurasi got called for today beyond standard personal fouls was a flagrant for flailing her hand/arm into an opponent's face after releasing her shot. They've been calling that for two or three years against everyone in an effort to get rid of that action. It was called against Brunson in the last Mercury game (I remember because Ann Meyers ludicrously suggested it could've been a Flagrant 2). It's basically a stock call.

I'm incredibly tired of the volume of video reviews we've been subjected to this season (and the dumbass rule changes that have led to many of them), but generally I think the refs get too much stick around here. Home town bias is often at the root of most complaints, as is not knowing the rules or how the officials are expected to implement them.

We could replace all the WNBA refs with the pool of NBA refs tomorrow, and everyone would still bitch and moan about them constantly.

PostPosted: 07/19/17 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
Will D-Rob ever develop a 3pt shot.....

not likely. And she's been pretty effective without it. Just depends on the teammates around her.

- Amanda Gorman
bballgrl

PostPosted: 07/19/17 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

i swear every post you make is complaining about calls Laughing
Even when Griner isn't playing Laughing

Not true, every post I make is NOT about calls and I am not the only one who complains about calls. Lots of posters do.

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/19/17 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sportsfan48 wrote:

They may hate DT (I am convinced that Tom Mauer looks for every opportunity he has to call a T on Dee) but they need to be consistent when they make their calls. I have stated before that it is a sad thing but I look to see who is officiating to get a feel if we have a chance or not. Today was not a good day. I felt from the start we had a disadvantage primarily due to Tom Mauer calling the game.

DT almost begs for a technical every game. I thought today they could have called one on her earlier when she kept following the ref around and showing how her shirt was pulled...and when she swatted January out of her way when she was busy doing so. It's just so annoying and unnecessary. Were I a ref, she would have gotten one right there. I don't really understand what these players think they gain from whining and complaining about every call. I think they just gain ill will - from the refs, other players, fans...If anything it makes it less likely that they will get the benefit of any future close calls.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/20/17 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sportsfan48 wrote:
I really think the officials in this league are terrible. It is renewal time for season tickets and I am seriously considering not coming back for that very reason. I don't enjoy watching the WNBA as much as I used to. I have been a season ticket holder since before the first regular season game was played. The officials diminish the talent on the court, IMO.

The bad calls usually go both ways but there is really no excuse for a lot of the bad stuff. Today, the Mercury got a couple of calls that we shouldn't have as well as the Fever getting a couple that they shouldn't have.

My biggest complaint on the technical calls is the inconsistency. I will admit that DT has done or said some things that have warranted some technical calls and I wish she would channel that intensity to her play on the court instead of towards the officials. When she does that, she is unstoppable. However, in the game today I saw actions and things from the Fever players that were probably off camera but would have resulted in a T if it were DT.

And the officials can't do that. They may hate DT (I am convinced that Tom Mauer looks for every opportunity he has to call a T on Dee) but they need to be consistent when they make their calls. I have stated before that it is a sad thing but I look to see who is officiating to get a feel if we have a chance or not. Today was not a good day. I felt from the start we had a disadvantage primarily due to Tom Mauer calling the game.

But the Mercury could have pulled this one off as a multi-point victory if we had just hit maybe 50% of our layups from our bigs. You cannot shoot less than 40 percent and have a very good chance of winning.

This part , has been floating in my mind since the season started. Yeah its season renewal time but i dont feel like im getting the bang for my buck this season . The refs have really taken the air out of the league and its becoming hard to watch. Ive also been a fan since 1997 and this could be my last season as well.

PostPosted: 07/20/17 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
sportsfan48 wrote:

This part , has been floating in my mind since the season started. Yeah its season renewal time but i dont feel like im getting the bang for my buck this season . The refs have really taken the air out of the league and its becoming hard to watch. Ive also been a fan since 1997 and this could be my last season as well.

I really felt that way after the debacle in game 5 of the championship last year but I couldn't stay away, bad refs and all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: