RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Congrats to...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 07/15/17 10:06 pm    ::: Congrats to... Reply Reply with quote

Layshia Clarendon, the 194th player in WNBA history to score 1000 points! Dr Lay is 26 years, 74 days old. She is the 89th youngest to score 1000. She took 140 games to score 1000, the 146th fastest ever. She is the 9th player from the class of 2013 to score 1000.

PostPosted: 07/15/17 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really amazing how her game has been transformed. I truly didn't think she could make it in the W coming out of college with limited offensive ability...and here she is. Congrats to her. She has earned it.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/15/17 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clarendon has constantly improved her game. She was the senior leader on Cal when they went to the final four, but was overshadowed in most people's minds by Rashanda Gray and Brittany Boyd. She actually played the 3 in college (Afure Jemerigbe, the high school backcourt mate of Chelsea Gray, was the off guard) but now has adjusted to the point guard and should be an all star next week.

Congratulations Layshia.

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/16/17 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clarendon is the perfect example of the conundrum of player evaluation: She has continued to improve throughout her 20s, which is unusual and as far as I can tell, pretty much impossible to predict.

Other players -- I would put Diamond DeShields and Kaela Davis in this class, though I easily could be proven wrong -- are as good as they are going to get, relative to their competition, as seniors in high school.

Most peak late in their college career, but you just never know ... if you did, you'd be a great WNBA GM.

PostPosted: 07/16/17 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am truly surprised by her transition since she arrived in Atlanta. She was a bust under Lin Dunn's PG experiment but has somehow found herself under Michael Cooper's leadership and has evolved into a premier PG in the league.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: