someone else
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 34

pilight

PostPosted: 07/03/17 7:07 am    ::: COY Reply Reply with quote

Monday Poll time!

PostPosted: 07/03/17 7:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going out on a limb and saying Curt Miller. He is coaching his team very well. The Sun are the best offensively coached team in the league. They're not the best defensive though. But Miller has them playing really well and they are better this year than they were expected to be.

And another factor for a head coach is having players that like him and buy into his system and having chemistry. The Sun have those things in spades. It also says a lot that players signed multi-year contracts to remain in CT.

The team is also being killed with injuries again this year. No Chiney. No Tuck. Kizer missed games. Bentley missed games and yet they roll to 5th place and are above .500 for the first time in years at this point in a season.

Miller has taken a team full of newbies and youngsters and injured players and is making them look like one of the best teams in the league.

Miller for COY at least for now because we've all seen the Sun rise and set pretty quickly in the past.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 07/03/17 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't vote Agler or Reeve because how much of it is their expert coaching and how much is it just having teams full of Olympians and MVP's?

Laimbeer is pretty shitty this year. He doesn't know how to utilize any of his players. Thibault is always in consideration but honestly, one would think that by acquiring EDD and Toliver, they'd have a better W/L record. The Mystics don't look as good as they should.

Brondello would possibly be my 2nd choice even though they have Taurasi and Griner because they were the only two players on last years roster. And adding Camille Little did nothing to help them because she's a pretty shitty player (they'd have been better off keeping Dupree). They also added Robinson coming off a torn ACL who is knowhere near the player she was in San Antonio, at least not yet. Adding Monique Currie will add a bit but not much, and yet, with all these changes to the Mercury, Brondello has Griner finally playing MVP caliber and they are doing better than I thought they would.

The rest of the coaches have zero chance.

So it's basically between Reeve, Agler, Brondello, Thibault and Miller at this point with my nod going to Miller. His team has surprised the most.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/03/17 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm on the Curt train as well atm. Any 12-1 coach instantly qualifies for my shortlist regardless of the credentials of their ageing veterans.

PostPosted: 07/03/17 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted for Curt too, but my vote doesn't really count for much because, as Curt would point out, I'm just a basement dweller.....hell, I don't even know which team is an x and which is an o.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/03/17 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Miller can get the Sun above .500, I think it should be his.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
5thmantheme

PostPosted: 07/03/17 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Still can't choose.

Lynx best record ever?
Sparks 2 peat?
Mystics voodoo?
Merc better record than last year?
Libs bailing wire and ducktape?
Sun/Wings biggest turnaround?

Just don't know yet.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/03/17 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well who won July's Coach of the Month? Question Twisted Evil

markinct

PostPosted: 07/04/17 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Reeve built the team over the off season and had to get them to gel, she'd get my vote but not only are they veterans but they've been together for years now. She doesn't get my vote in any way shape or form no matter what their record finishes at. If I had Maya, Syl, Seimone, Whey, Brunson and Renee as my starting six...I could win as many games.

I think the same could be said of Agler...he basically had the best team in the league last year...gave up a little in Tolliver but gained Odyssey Sims and Roquina Williams, hardly a sacrifice. His inability to figure out how to use his entire lineup would leave me to wonder about his coaching. He's NEVER used his players much past the first 8...a good coach should be able to manage everyone to some point.

My vote goes to Miller. He's basically taken a team who had one marquee player in Chiney and LOST her to injury. Takes a bunch of sophomores to the league with some other role players and steady players and has taken the team to new heights that haven't been seen in CT for years. You can't help but not like this guy.

blaase22

PostPosted: 07/04/17 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

markinct wrote:
If Reeve built the team over the off season and had to get them to gel, she'd get my vote but not only are they veterans but they've been together for years now. She doesn't get my vote in any way shape or form no matter what their record finishes at. If I had Maya, Syl, Seimone, Whey, Brunson and Renee as my starting six...I could win as many games.

I think the same could be said of Agler...he basically had the best team in the league last year...gave up a little in Tolliver but gained Odyssey Sims and Roquina Williams, hardly a sacrifice. His inability to figure out how to use his entire lineup would leave me to wonder about his coaching. He's NEVER used his players much past the first 8...a good coach should be able to manage everyone to some point.

My vote goes to Miller. He's basically taken a team who had one marquee player in Chiney and LOST her to injury. Takes a bunch of sophomores to the league with some other role players and steady players and has taken the team to new heights that haven't been seen in CT for years. You can't help but not like this guy.

New heights? They are one game above .500

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 07/05/17 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
markinct wrote:

New heights? They are one game above .500

At this point in any season, yes, one game above .500 is New heights for the Sun.

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/05/17 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

markinct wrote:

You can't help but not like this guy.

This sentence has me stymied. Do two negatives really make a positive in this instance?

- Amanda Gorman
justintyme

PostPosted: 07/05/17 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
markinct wrote:

You can't help but not like this guy.

This sentence has me stymied. Do two negatives really make a positive in this instance?

Yeah, not so much.

I think they were going for "can't not like this guy...", or can't help but like this guy." "You can't help but" is actually a positive statement as the "but" serves as a negative as used. So really the original statement is three negatives.

Cool Very Happy

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: