RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Trash talking wrestler President

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 07/02/17 11:06 am    ::: Trash talking wrestler President Reply Reply with quote

SI: Abraham Lincoln Was A Skilled Wrestler And World-Class Trash Talker

Quote:
Abraham Lincoln . . . was a tremendously skilled wrestler. And, it seems, a prodigious trash talker.

The rugged frontiersman once beat a man with a single toss and challenged the mob that had gathered with a shout: "Any of you want to try it, come on and whet your horns!"

Historians can find only one recorded defeat of Lincoln in 12 years . . .

Lincoln was neither the first nor last president to enjoy success in the wrestling arena. George Washington was an accomplished grappler and master of the British style known as collar and elbow, while William Taft was a two-time undergraduate champ at Yale. Fleming also recounts the exploits of Andrew Jackson, Zachary Taylor, Ulysses S. Grant, Chester A. Arthur and Theodore Roosevelt.

So, it's a natural and traditional presidential progression to:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5NsrwH9I9vE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/02/17 12:03 pm    ::: Re: Trash talking wrestler President Reply Reply with quote

So, this is your excuse for the president making an explicit threat of violence against a media organization?

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/02/17 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of the media and the asshole in the White House....

Quote:
This may be the most important moment for investigative journalism in our nation’s history. Faced with a kleptocratic, scandal-ridden, and fundamentally dishonest presidential administration the likes of which we have never seen, journalists are essential right now to preserve democratic oversight and accountability.

Quote:
Imagine what might have remained hidden if Bradlee had caved and either encouraged or allowed Woodward and Bernstein to resign.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/07/02/cnn-caved-should-have-stood-by-its-reporters-paul-schiff-berman-column/444218001/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 07/02/17 1:19 pm    ::: Re: Trash talking wrestler President Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
So, this is your excuse for the president making an explicit threat of violence against a media organization?

Explicit threat of violence? I don't think Trump was threatening to tackle CNN reporters in the future. I could see it called as an implicit call for violence against CNN reporters. But I see it more as Trump saying that he is going to beat CNN in a war of words in the court of public opinion.

MSNBC would traditionally be the network most after a Republican president, but Trump must not watch that. Although the Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon nightly shows go after Trump so much that MSNBC probably doesn't have more criticism. But Cooper and Lemon have on these Trump surrogates for who just spin everything Trump does as neutral or positive. It becomes ridiculous and irritating when they can find nothing about Trump to criticize.

Last edited by tfan on 07/02/17 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 07/02/17 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The real shocking historical item is that future president Andrew Jackson engaged in duels. If Trump thought that he was supposed to duel someone who dishonored him, he would become a lot more tolerant of criticism.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/02/17 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lots of things were acceptable in the first half of the 1800's that aren't considered acceptable today

PostPosted: 07/02/17 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mentally Deficient Donald knows at least how to 'relate' to his Mentally Deficient constituents. Give him credit for that. Razz

PostPosted: 07/03/17 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mark Cuban states the obvious. *COTUS doesn't really care about the moral hue of his tweets. As long as all are mortified and aghast. And diverted.

*CLUSTERFUCKTARD Of The United States

PostPosted: 07/05/17 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only part of this story that anyone is going to remember is the part where CNN not only violated Twitter's TOS policy, but more importantly committed a crime against a 15-year-old boy by threatening to extort him. I hope they go down hard for this. Everyone who thinks President Trump is going to look bad from this is dreaming.

I haven't been in the USA much this summer but I am loving every minute of this, and it's nice to see the bad guys going down in flames Laughing

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 07/05/17 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
The only part of this story that anyone is going to remember is the part where CNN not only violated Twitter's TOS policy, but more importantly committed a crime against a 15-year-old boy by threatening to extort him. I hope they go down hard for this. Everyone who thinks President Trump is going to look bad from this is dreaming.

I haven't been in the USA much this summer but I am loving every minute of this, and it's nice to see the bad guys going down in flames Laughing

First, the guy was an adult, not a fifteen year old kid.

Second, where is any "threat"?

Third, "Crime"? "Extort"? Overreact much?

Fourth, the guy has a long history of posting racist, bigoted, anti-Semitic crap. Why shouldn't his name be exposed and he suffer any consequences of that public exposure?

This is just Fox and the Trump gang getting their panties in a wad over nothing (other than trying to divert attention from President of the United States acting like an eight year old brat).

Yeah, nobody's going to remember this about Trump because as assinine and juvenile as it is, it's way way down the list of his national embarassments, so will be forgotten.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: