17%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 40

pilight

PostPosted: 07/03/17 7:04 am    ::: MVP Reply Reply with quote

Monday Poll time!

Most people hate poetry
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 07/03/17 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Either Griner or Fowles. Giving it to Fowles though because her team has a better record, but that's the only reason.

Why no MIP? Jonquel Jones by a mile.

6th woman? I have no idea. Usually Allie Quigley but she's starting now. Courtney Williams was in the mix but she's starting now too and probably will the rest of the season. Ivory Latta?

DPY? It would be hard not to award Griner, the queen of blocks. She alters the other teams defense and offense by just standing there. Alyssa Thomas should be getting high marks too. She's an undersized 4 and is wreaking havoc all across the league. I haven't watch the Sparks that much so I'm not sure how Alana Beard's defense is panning out so far this year.

All WNBA 1st Team East:
Jasmine Thomas
Tiffany Hayes
Alyssa Thomas
Elena Della Donne
Jonquel Jones

All WNBA 1st Team West:
Chelsea Gray
Diana Taurasi
Maya Moore
Nneka Ogwumike
Sylvia Fowles

I know the All WNBA 1st Team isn't 5 east and 5 west players but these are the best of each conference per position imo.

blaase22

PostPosted: 07/03/17 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fowles owned Griner in the matchup of the two. If its between those two its not a competition.

Ay Mate wrote:
Either Griner or Fowles. Giving it to Fowles though because her team has a better record, but that's the only reason.

6th woman? I have no idea. Usually Allie Quigley but she's starting now. Courtney Williams was in the mix but she's starting now too and probably will the rest of the season. Ivory Latta?

DPY? It would be hard not to award Griner, the queen of blocks. She alters the other teams defense and offense by just standing there. Alyssa Thomas should be getting high marks too. She's an undersized 4 and is wreaking havoc all across the league. I haven't watch the Sparks that much so I'm not sure how Alana Beard's defense is panning out so far this year.

All WNBA 1st Team East:
Jasmine Thomas
Tiffany Hayes
Alyssa Thomas
Elena Della Donne
Jonquel Jones

All WNBA 1st Team West:
Chelsea Gray
Diana Taurasi
Maya Moore
Nneka Ogwumike
Sylvia Fowles

I know the All WNBA 1st Team isn't 5 east and 5 west players but these are the best of each conference per position imo.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/03/17 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted for the best player on the best team.

PostPosted: 07/03/17 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fowles
--------------------------
Everyone Else

justintyme

PostPosted: 07/03/17 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Fowles owned Griner in the matchup of the two. If its between those two its not a competition.

Agreed. That matchup makes it clear just how in a league of her own Fowles is this year. I mean, that breakaway spin move she pulled off...daaaaamn.

The Merc constantly brought the double-team on Fowles as soon as she touched the ball, even when Griner was on her. Fowles handled Griner one on one the entire game. Griner had six points.

PostPosted: 07/03/17 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Agreed. That matchup makes it clear just how in a league of her own Fowles is this year. I mean, that breakaway spin move she pulled off...daaaaamn.

The Merc constantly brought the double-team on Fowles as soon as she touched the ball, even when Griner was on her. Fowles handled Griner one on one the entire game. Griner had six points.

Griner did not play the entire game because she was on the bench due to fouls. We don't know what would have happened if she had played the whole game.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/03/17 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
justintyme wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Griner did not play the entire game because she was on the bench due to fouls. We don't know what would have happened if she had played the whole game.

What we know is that she was unable to play the whole game BECAUSE she kept committing fouls. That isn't a point in her favor.

miller40

PostPosted: 07/03/17 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
justintyme wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

What we know is that she was unable to play the whole game BECAUSE she kept committing fouls. That isn't a point in her favor.

Agreed. And a large part of the foul trouble was because she couldn't guard Fowles (or set a legal screen).

justintyme

PostPosted: 07/03/17 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
justintyme wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Yeah, there could have been an argument here if the fouls were because the refs were over-sensitive, but those fouls were all pretty glaring and the refs were pretty much forced to call them. Hell, the third foul on Griner could have been avoided if someone on the Merc could rebound the ball. It was only after Fowles' third shot through contact when they finally blew the whistle...

PostPosted: 07/03/17 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

All WNBA 1st Team East:
Jasmine Thomas
Tiffany Hayes
Alyssa Thomas
Elena Della Donne
Jonquel Jones

All WNBA 1st Team West:
Chelsea Gray
Diana Taurasi
Maya Moore
Nneka Ogwumike
Sylvia Fowles

Poop Poop. Hating on Tina..get over it!

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 07/04/17 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

All WNBA 1st Team East:
Jasmine Thomas
Tiffany Hayes
Alyssa Thomas
Elena Della Donne
Jonquel Jones

All WNBA 1st Team West:
Chelsea Gray
Diana Taurasi
Maya Moore
Nneka Ogwumike
Sylvia Fowles

Poop Poop. Hating on Tina..get over it!

Who the hell is hating on Tina?? She isn't on my radar for the east because the post players I selected are either better than Tina, or PLAYING better than Tina this year. So.... get over it!

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/04/17 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At this point ROY and POY are no-brainers. Of course we still half a season to go.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: