75%
 75%  [ 18 ]
Fever
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 24

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/22/17 6:21 pm    ::: Sparks @ Fever - 6/24/17 Reply Reply with quote

7:00 PM ET
Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Saturday, June 24, 2017

Game info: http://www.wnba.com/game/20170624/LASIND/

TV: NBATV • FSI • SpecSN/SpecD

Last edited by Luuuc on 06/25/17 6:24 am; edited 2 times in total
jap

PostPosted: 06/22/17 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Ladies of LaLa need to balance their ledger against the Fever and continue prepping for the upcoming showdown with Los Lynx on July 6. Odyssey's scoring has been down since she returned from the bad ankle, and she needs to re-discover her rhythm. Riquna has been streaky in the past but with a strong front court she needs to maximize getting open looks from her favorite spots beyond the arc to develop some consistency going forward. It would be nice to see Sydney get some more playing time as well. The more hot long-range snipers there are, the easier it becomes for Ace, Nneka, Jantel, & Co. in the paint. Jantel looks like she is gradually re-finding her rhythm after some early mediocre showings.

Last edited by jap on 06/23/17 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 06/23/17 6:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a really tough one to call: the team that isn't good enough v. the team that doesn't care enough.

miller40

PostPosted: 06/23/17 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
This is a really tough one to call: the team that isn't good enough v. the team that doesn't care enough.

Laughing

It is also Catchings Night. Hard to say which way this sways the Fever effort... emotions carrying them to play even harder for Catch (and what will hopefully be a large crowd) or emotions carrying them to play unfocused. Who knows with this team.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 06/23/17 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Time for some payback. Light em up, Sparks!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/23/17 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Could not have said it any better randy ! Exclamation Confused

PostPosted: 06/23/17 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Sparks!

PostPosted: 06/24/17 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Should be a large crowd for Catchings. Maybe the Fever pull off an upset?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 06/24/17 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

They did it before!

Fever are one of the best home teams.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
jap

PostPosted: 06/24/17 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Possible. However, Brian will have the Sparks focused on the necessity to win the season series with the Fever, with the possible playoff implications that entails. That means they would need to win the next two games with Indy---tonight and on July 17 in LA.

Besides, the Sparks are now only two games behind Minny. They have a few games to go before their first encounter with Los Lynx on July 6: at Indy (tonight), at Connecticutt (27 June), at Atlanta (30 June), and at home vs the Mystics (July 2). More opportunites to close or widen the gap between the two teams.

PostPosted: 06/24/17 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can the Sparks win with Riquna Williams starting?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 06/24/17 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can't believe Wheeler....

toad455

PostPosted: 06/24/17 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

No. Sims & Wiese will see more time than Williams.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
jap

PostPosted: 06/24/17 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ace with a double double already: 10 pts, 12 REBs, 3 ASTs, 1 STL, 1 BS.

PostPosted: 06/24/17 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Catch looks so purdy............... Cool

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 06/24/17 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

right player, wrong time. pre/postgame maybe, but halftime?

my all-time favorite LV, and the girl who punched me in the arm just before the 2002 semifinal in San Antone.

Catch = BARPOAT, imo

PostPosted: 06/24/17 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

disastrous qtr for the fever

sigur3

PostPosted: 06/24/17 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Weird quarter. Sparks go on a 19-0 run, Fever close on a 12-0 run.

LAS still has trouble when teams guard them aggressively and take away all these ball reversals. When you're down 25 you don't have much to lose and Pokey made the right call.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 06/24/17 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:

I didn't recognize her a first!

I wasn't surprized at the outcome as I knew the Sparks would win this one.
Too bad they had to retire her jersey when playing against the Sparks.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 06/24/17 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:

She sure did! It was such a beautiful ceremony! I have to admit that seeing so emotional got me Embarassed ..... Waaaaa! :lol!

I definitely have to get one of those shirts and find a hat so I can be all aggressive when I wear it, like Debbie Antonelli! Laughing

January looked good and Dupree is still smooth and quiet! lol! That hug between Catch and the team was so beautiful! https://twitter.com/WNBA/status/878784764173529088 Indy seems to be a wonderful organization and they've done such a great job with these ceremonies.

sigur3 wrote:
Weird quarter. Sparks go on a 19-0 run, Fever close on a 12-0 run.

LAS still has trouble when teams guard them aggressively and take away all these ball reversals. When you're down 25 you don't have much to lose and Pokey made the right call.

Glad that my girls got the W! Indeed, it was a strange third quarter. I think LA got the lead and then moved away from what was working which was getting it into the post. Indy capitalized and picked up their intensity as LA relaxed... I'm happy to see that LA made adjustments and took control back.

I missed what they said about Essence. Was she injured or just under the weather?

Good grief, I can't wait until Riquna settles in and feels comfortable. At times, she looks like she's simply afraid to mess up and defers a just bit more than she should. It looks like they really want to get her going though.... Hopefully she can get her confidence back up soon. Jackson-Jones was a really good pick up and I think they are doing a nice job of rotating players! Go Sparks!

jap

PostPosted: 06/24/17 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
I missed what they said about Essence. Was she injured or just under the weather?

Essence is suffering from a groin pull. It is why she had to leave the last game against the Merc.

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Good grief, I can't wait until Riquna settles in and feels comfortable. At times, she looks like she's simply afraid to mess up and defers a just bit more than she should. It looks like they really want to get her going though.... Hopefully she can get her confidence back up soon.

They want candidates to replace Kristi from downtown obviously. Riquna has been raining them in in practice apparently, but it hasn't always translated to game play until fairly recently. She is trying to transition from a hot rod to a team player.

I would love to see Odyssey come on from downtown too, but she is doing fairly well with her defensive efforts and her change of pace offensive playmaking.

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Jackson-Jones was a really good pick up and I think they are doing a nice job of rotating players! Go Sparks!

Tiffany is a tough, hard-nosed vet with solid vet skills who is a welcome addition. She will do all the dirty work and score on occasion too.

PostPosted: 06/25/17 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Essence is suffering from a groin pull. It is why she had to leave the last game against the Merc.

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Good grief, I can't wait until Riquna settles in and feels comfortable. At times, she looks like she's simply afraid to mess up and defers a just bit more than she should. It looks like they really want to get her going though.... Hopefully she can get her confidence back up soon.

They want candidates to replace Kristi from downtown obviously. Riquna has been raining them in in practice apparently, but it hasn't always translated to game play until fairly recently. She is trying to transition from a hot rod to a team player.

I would love to see Odyssey come on from downtown too, but she is doing fairly well with her defensive efforts and her change of pace offensive playmaking.

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Jackson-Jones was a really good pick up and I think they are doing a nice job of rotating players! Go Sparks!

Tiffany is a tough, hard-nosed vet with solid vet skills who is a welcome addition. She will do all the dirty work and score on occasion too.

Ok gotcha!! Thanks for the insight on Essence. I absolutely agree with everything you said. Sims definitely looks like she's finding her way now. I've always loved TJJ! Perhaps be need to start calling Riquna, "Bae Bae/Bay Bay" again. Think that'll help?! lol! Razz jk! Indeed she's trying to transition her game. She does pretty good on defense, maybe she'll start to let that drive her offense? We shall see!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/25/17 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

No. Sims & Wiese will see more time than Williams.

Doesnt seem to be happening in weises case.

PostPosted: 06/25/17 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
right player, wrong time. pre/postgame maybe, but halftime?

my all-time favorite LV, and the girl who punched me in the arm just before the 2002 semifinal in San Antone.

Quote:
Catch = BARPOAT, imo

Agreed. There will never be a player like Catch24

PostPosted: 06/25/17 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ugh that jersey retirement Ceremony got me emotional. I miss catchings , the toughest player in WNBA history By FAR! #NoDiscussionNeeded

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: