RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

‘I just don’t want a poor person’ in top economic role

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 06/22/17 12:31 pm    ::: ‘I just don’t want a poor person’ in top economic role Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
President Trump late Wednesday said he'd prefer not to have a "poor person" in top economic positions in his administration.

"Somebody said, 'Why did you appoint a rich person to be in charge of the economy?' No it's true. And Wilbur's a very rich person in charge of commerce," Trump said during a rally in Iowa, referring to Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross."I said, 'Because that's the kind of thinking we want...because they're representing the country. They don't want the money.'"

Trump said these people had to "give up a lot" to take jobs in his administration. He added that they "are great brilliant business minds."

"And that's what we need. That's what we have to have so the world doesn't take advantage," Trump added.

"We can't have the world taking advantage of us anymore. And I love all people, rich or poor, but in those particular positions, I just don't want a poor person. Does that make sense?"

Trump added that if his supporters "insist" he change his thinking, he would.

"But I like it better this way," he said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-%e2%80%98i-just-don%e2%80%99t-want-a-poor-person%e2%80%99-in-top-economic-roles/ar-BBD1Ncr?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 06/22/17 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think there's some sound logic there. If you're putting people in charge of the economy, it's preferable for them to be experienced and successful with money.
So on a similar theme, what he should do next is put someone intelligent, fair and forward-thinking in charge of running the country.

PostPosted: 06/22/17 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This sounds like a rehash of President Kennedy's idea of hiring "the best and the brightest" for his administration.

I'm not saying that JFK's administration and Cabinet was so great, but in Trump's case, I doubt that he is hiring the best he can find. Perhaps because they don't want to work for him. Rolling Eyes

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: