RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Trump Doesn’t Have Recordings of Conversations With Comey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 06/22/17 12:17 pm    ::: Trump Doesn’t Have Recordings of Conversations With Comey Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
President Donald Trump said he doesn’t have recordings of his conversations with then-FBI Director James Comey, capping weeks of speculation about whether such tapes exist.

“With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea whether there are ‘tapes’ or recordings of my conversations with James Comey,” Trump said Thursday in a pair of statements on Twitter, “but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-doesn%E2%80%99t-have-recordings-of-conversations-with-comey-source-says/ar-BBD2SZz?ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 06/22/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i'm shocked, shocked I tell ya! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 06/22/17 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

May 12:
Quote:
James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

Unlike the assumptions I saw everywhere in the press, I never thought Trump was referring to recordings made by him. Rather, I thought he was referring to possible recordings made of his conversations by intelligence services unbeknownst to him and to Comey.

Recall, Trump was very disturbed by this time that many of his own conversations, and those of his administration, were being surreptitiously recorded and leaked by unknown intelligence agencies: for example, his telephone conversations with the Australian PM and other foreign leaders, Mike Flynn's conversations, some sort of electronic surveillance at Trump Tower, and all sorts of alleged recordings and "unmaskings" of politicians and campaign officials by intelligence agencies.

Also recall that Comey said that four of his six total conversations with Trump were by telephone.

Trump's tweets on May 12 and today are more consistent with Trump having a genuine ignorance, concern, disgust and paranoia(?) about being the target of surveillance "tapings" than Trump signalling that he has a taping system of his own. I've never heard leaks or rumors about Trump or his administration engaging in electronic eavesdropping for political purposes.

June 22:
Quote:
With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea...whether there are "tapes" or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings.
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 06/22/17 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Trump and his VP need to develope co-brain aneurysms and put an end to this embarrassing circus side show. Every person out there that voted for Trump needs to develope one as well so this kinda shit doesn't happen again.

justintyme

PostPosted: 06/22/17 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
May 12:
Quote:
James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

Unlike the assumptions I saw everywhere in the press, I never thought Trump was referring to recordings made by him. Rather, I thought he was referring to possible recordings made of his conversations by intelligence services unbeknownst to him and to Comey.

Such is the problem with Twitter diplomacy. Reading that as a veiled threat that suggests he has "tapes" so Comey better watch ehat he says is consistent with other tweet threats he has made and his typical bombastic blowhard style of communicating in general.

But how we read it is not important. If he did mean what you suggest he meant, he had plenty of time before now (like the next day, when it was obvious how it was being read) to correct the record. If he tweeted the next day that he didn't have tapes but that he was thinking of other intelligence agencies the story would have died there. But he didn't, and thus his silence spoke loudly. Whether he meant it that way or not, he obviously enjoyed the idea that he might have them and how it was playing with his base.

PostPosted: 06/22/17 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
I think Trump and his VP need to develope co-brain aneurysms and put an end to this embarrassing circus side show. Every person out there that voted for Trump needs to develope one as well so this kinda shit doesn't happen again.

That sort of sudden popluation implosion would destroy the economy/GDP and would devastate the country. We would likely not be able to pay off the interest on the national debt, would would force us to declare bankruptcy and that in return would destroy the world economy.

We are talking "dystopian future" here.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 06/22/17 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

That sort of sudden popluation implosion would destroy the economy/GDP and would devastate the country. We would likely not be able to pay off the interest on the national debt, would would force us to declare bankruptcy and that in return would destroy the world economy.

Think of the JOBS JOBS JOBS such a thing would create!

PostPosted: 06/22/17 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Think of the JOBS JOBS JOBS such a thing would create!

It would likely lead to mass unemployment as the economy crumbles and there are fewer people to buy services.

PostPosted: 06/22/17 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump supporters. Can't live with em. Can't live without em. Wink

Howee

PostPosted: 06/22/17 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

I'm concerned about the dystopian PRESENT we're in. Razz

Re: the OT....I had Zero doubt that this "information" would be anything but what he said today.

BUT. I've never been convinced there WEREN'T any tapes. Think about it: the man is likely delusional paranoid. He may very well have had the convo taped, for any perceived advantage he might reap from that act. However, given there was nothing said to 'help' him, and even the distinct possibility that they'd turned out to be incriminating....ya, he's NOT gonna admit to any tapes.

He certainly took a long time to declare what he, presumptively, knew ("There are no tapes"). Was that just part of his skull-fuck M.O., or time for insider analysis/advice of actual tapes? Shocked

PostPosted: 06/22/17 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

He certainly took a long time to declare what he, presumptively, knew ("There are no tapes"). Was that just part of his skull-fuck M.O., or time for insider analysis/advice of actual tapes? Shocked

Erin Burnett said on CNN that he had a deadline to state whether he had them or not (and I think today was the day) based on some request from Congress for them.

It's crazy that we have a president who, among other things, teases about when he will say whether he has tapes that he implied he may have. But, if he lasts long enough and does ever build a wall, it will all be worth it. Some of you will pay more for your drugs, and your illegal workers, but society as a whole will benefit.

Howee

PostPosted: 06/23/17 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Howee wrote:

Erin Burnett said on CNN that he had a deadline to state whether he had them or not (and I think today was the day) based on some request from Congress for them.

It's crazy that we have a president who, among other things, teases about when he will say whether he has tapes that he implied he may have. But, if he lasts long enough and does ever build a wall, it will all be worth it. Some of you will pay more for your drugs, and your illegal workers, but society as a whole will benefit.

Dear, DEAR tfan: RICH society will benefit from this president, NOT Society as a whole. His Wall is just more skull-fucking. Really. It's not too late to unsubscribe from your misguided hopes. Wink

PostPosted: 06/23/17 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Howee wrote:

You do realize that building a wall would have little to no impact on immigration, right?

Very few people immigrate that way. Almost all of them arrive legally and then just never leave. And those that do cross borders like that will simply find ways around it.

Which is good, as we actually need to increase our immigration numbers if we want to continue to build our economy. Our native birthrates simply are not high enough. Much to the chagrin of the white nationalists who are so scared about losing "white culture".

PostPosted: 06/23/17 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:
Howee wrote:

Dear, DEAR tfan: RICH society will benefit from this president, NOT Society as a whole. His Wall is just more skull-fucking. Really. It's not too late to unsubscribe from your misguided hopes. Wink

I don't know what "skull-fucking" is, but I believe Trump wants to build a wall. The problem is - a wall helps poor people and hurts the rich who have to pay legal wages in more cases and don't get as big a surplus of workers. Which is why Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell and tons of other rich Republicans don't want to build a wall and are fighting him on it, even though they are totally unburdened by the faux virtuousness of Democrats who partially convince themselves that giving Mexicans American jobs doesn't hurt American workers and are also pleased that it helps the rich.

Last edited by tfan on 06/23/17 2:02 am; edited 6 times in total
tfan

PostPosted: 06/23/17 1:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
tfan wrote:
Howee wrote:

You do realize that building a wall would have little to no impact on immigration, right?

No, it won't impact infinite legal immigration.

Quote:

Very few people immigrate that way. Almost all of them arrive legally and then just never leave. And those that do cross borders like that will simply find ways around it.

The claim is occasionally made that 40% of illegal immigrants are visa overstays. I believe this is only stated when someone is speaking against building a wall. But when people talk about how many illegals are in the country or how many supposedly came or went last year, or in 2008 or whenever they quote Pew Research. If you look at how Pew Research calculates their allegedly accurate figures for how many illegals here and how many coming and going - they don't say one blooming thing about visa overstays. They don't even mention the land migration that takes place from Central America. The only thing they reference in calculating illegal aliens is census data - USA and Mexico - border apprehensions and also a household survey that took place in Mexico.

And if we take this 40% apparently-argumentative-rhetoric claim, then we have no idea how many illegal aliens are in the country because the people that are our gospel for illegal alien counts don't even deal with it.

You may have noticed that when an illegal alien ends up murdering someone like Kate Steinle, it is often mentioned that they were deported x amount of times. With a wall, when an American judge says "you will be deported" they don't need to add "and if you do return, you will need to check in with..." (I actually heard a judge say that in court to a defendant he was sentencing). And a wall stops the easiest way to run drugs across the border. And a wall stops illegal immigrants. We know that people are trying to get across since the border patrol apprehends them. In addition to the people they don't apprehend, the border patrol has been doing "catch and release", where they give people a court date to analyze any claim for refugee status or asylum - and they send them on their way into the US.

Quote:

Which is good, as we actually need to increase our immigration numbers if we want to continue to build our economy. Our native birthrates simply are not high enough. Much to the chagrin of the white nationalists who are so scared about losing "white culture".

Shame on white nationalists for not wanting to retain their culture and racial mix. They should be like the Chinese and support an infinite influx of people unlike themselves. No, sorry, I mean the Indians. Oops, no, I mean the Algerians. Huh, funny, it seems like the un-nationalists are only a few English speaking white countries. The other 190 or so are full of bad <race>-nationalists.

I personally think that rhetoric about "must have population growth" is bogus. Japan has had a flat population for 20 years and hasn't collapsed). And even if population growth was necessary to prevent financial collapse due to our partial reserve banking - we have infinite legal immigration. Our population is in no danger of decliing until the US is equal to India, China, etc. as far as living conditions. The US Census Bureau predicts another 100 million people added to the US population in the next 50 years. We have no need for illegal immigration on top of infinite illegal immigration.

Last edited by tfan on 06/23/17 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Howee

PostPosted: 06/23/17 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I don't know what "skull-fucking" is....

It's fucking with people's heads. In the early campaign, he took the advice of his evil henchmen, i.e., Bannon et. al., who found talking points that would resonate with his mentally deficient base. He led them to believe that this was: 1. A Good Idea 2. Mexico would pay for it 3. It's very do-able 4. Etc., etc. You'll notice how much of that has changed in the months he's actually be in office. THIS is skull-fucking.

After he's out of office, his very next book will be "The Art of Skull-Fucking".

PostPosted: 06/23/17 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I personally think that rhetoric about "must have population growth" is bogus. Japan has had a flat population for 20 years and hasn't collapsed).

Note that Japan's economy, which had been booming, stalled about 20 years ago and has not recovered.

PostPosted: 06/23/17 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:
I don't know what "skull-fucking" is....

It's fucking with people's heads. In the early campaign, he took the advice of his evil henchmen, i.e., Bannon et. al., who found talking points that would resonate with his mentally deficient base. He led them to believe that this was: 1. A Good Idea 2. Mexico would pay for it 3. It's very do-able 4. Etc., etc. You'll notice how much of that has changed in the months he's actually been in office. THIS is skull-fucking.

After he's out of office, his very next book will be "The Art of Skull-Fucking".

The "Mexico's gonna pay for it" was a brazen claim (at least with regard to them cutting a check). But I don't think building a wall is, and Trump hasn't changed on saying it is a good idea. The only thing Trump has experience with is building something, so I don't think he had to be told to propose a wall. The fact that Congressional leaders don't want to build a wall doesn't mean that Trump doesn't want to. We are not building a wall, but Homeland Security had a number of firms submit bids and proposals and they are reviewing them.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/23/17 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
I personally think that rhetoric about "must have population growth" is bogus. Japan has had a flat population for 20 years and hasn't collapsed).

Note that Japan's economy, which had been booming, stalled about 20 years ago and has not recovered.

If that is due to population stabilization and not their massive build-up in the stock market and real estate prices in the 1980s, then I think it is still a good trade-off. Japan has had no increases in traffic in the last 20 years, unlike the USA. Japan has not seen real estate prices increase from population growth in the last 20 years, unlike the USA. And they haven't had to build all the new things - schools, sewage treatment plants, 20 story condos, new freeway lanes, new light rail, etc - that the USA has had to do to expensively accommodate population growth into existing metro areas. As much as population growth is touted, I don't see cities and states lowering taxes over time as their population grows (percentage wise). Rather, they increase them (percentage wise).

pilight

PostPosted: 06/23/17 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:

If that is due to population stabilization and not their massive build-up in the stock market and real estate prices in the 1980s, then I think it is still a good trade-off. Japan has had no increases in traffic in the last 20 years, unlike the USA. Japan has not seen real estate prices increase from population growth in the last 20 years, unlike the USA. And they haven't had to build all the new things - schools, sewage treatment plants, 20 story condos, new freeway lanes, new light rail, etc - that the USA has had to do to expensively accommodate population growth into existing metro areas. As much as population growth is touted, I don't see cities and states lowering taxes over time as their population grows (percentage wise). Rather, they increase them (percentage wise).

Japan's taxes have continued to rise despite not having population growth.

PostPosted: 06/23/17 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote: "Which is good, as we actually need to increase our immigration numbers if we want to continue to build our economy. Our native birthrates simply are not high enough. Much to the chagrin of the white nationalists who are so scared about losing "white culture".

apropos of nothing, I heard on Rachel Maddow last night that there are 10,000 births in the u.s. every single day.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: