RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Mercury @ Sparks - 6/18/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Mercury
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Sparks
80%
 80%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 21

Author Message
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7668
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sparks complaining about fouls is comical Laughing


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11311



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
She got away with an elbow to Nneka's head. She flung her elbows in a reckless manner at Beard. Maybe didn't make contact but somewhat irrelevant at that point in terms of the fact that she had lost control of her emotions and put herself in a bad position. Should have gotten a T on the original Beard foul. Should have gotten a foul and a T on the uncalled play on Nneka.

Then that last foul was just a cheap, dumb foul. Hard to imagine this game isn't over.
she did not swing her elbows in a reckless manner, that was a standard move when you have the ball over your head.


No it isn't. I've played and been around basketball for a long time. Extending your elbow that far at that speed is not standard. And when you have 1 foul and no control over your emotions it's also dumb.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
SCook



Joined: 09 Oct 2013
Posts: 2009
Location: New Jersey


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who is this garbage commentator??

"Brondello' s team initiated the contact" Lies



_________________
In La'Kech: I Am You. You Are Me. We Are Us
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 1373
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a game that the WNBA shouldn't want anybody to see. A disgusting show by DT, bad officiating, and the potential for things to get worse. It would be a good time the League to develop technical difficulties.


SCook



Joined: 09 Oct 2013
Posts: 2009
Location: New Jersey


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BG has no rebounds......

Oh wow the extras are being done today



_________________
In La'Kech: I Am You. You Are Me. We Are Us
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11311



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dee is *only* averaging 6 FTA a game while averaging just 4.8 2 point FG attempts this year. She embellishes as well as anyone. She's really the last person in a position to complain when stuff doesn't go her way. Phoenix was +100 in FTA last year. +18 this year. And it would be higher if there wasn't a game or two each year where she completely loses it. News flash. Teams get screwed in certain games. So do players. She is the only player who loses it to this magnitude when calls don't go her way. If she didn't make contact with Beard (questionable from the camera angles), she still got away with one on Nneka that was worthy of ejection.

So stop crying, consider yourself lucky, and play the game. The score on the first foul was 5-0. Chalk it up to a missed call on the Beard hold and play through it. Instead, your selfishness has you on the bench with 3 fouls. You've taken your own team completely out of the game as well. Where a win gets you tied for the 2 seed and a loss puts you 2 games back with a tiebreaker loss. It's too important a game to get that caught up on one bad call.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.


Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 06/18/17 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 17607



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm gonna struggle to continue to be a fan of this league once Taurasi retires. Games like this are why.



_________________
TALENT

What it takes to play a gay pirate, a gay candymaker, and a gay mad hatter, and still land a role as John Dilinger.
SCook



Joined: 09 Oct 2013
Posts: 2009
Location: New Jersey


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sandy, just leave BG and DT on the bench.

What are they talking about?? Cannon literally was called for a touch foul and she was just standing.

Talking about, "They are all sticking knees and elbows out" please stop with the blatant lie



_________________
In La'Kech: I Am You. You Are Me. We Are Us
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7668
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
Talking about, "They are all sticking knees and elbows out" please stop with the blatant lie


LA's commentators are the worst.

I mean he literally said Shay missed the layup, but she made it. Laughing


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 14279
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Dee is *only* averaging 6 FTA a game while averaging just 4.8 2 point FG attempts this year. She embellishes as well as anyone. She's really the last person in a position to complain when stuff doesn't go her way. Phoenix was +100 in FTA last year. +18 this year. And it would be higher if there wasn't a game or two each year where she completely loses it. News flash. Teams get screwed in certain games. So do players. She is the only player who loses it to this magnitude when calls don't go her way. If she didn't make contact with Beard (questionable from the camera angles), she still got away with one on Nneka that was worthy of ejection.

So stop crying, consider yourself lucky, and play the game.


It started right away. Rewatch from tipoff. Beard annoying DT and putting her hand on her and DT slaps that hand away multiple times. Then DT's first foul she was coming off a screen and IMO Beard fouled her first on that steal. She got frustrated and locked her arm and threw her off and got the foul herself which should of been a T. Then her elbow to Nneka reminded me of her elbow against Hamby. Should of been tossed for that, Doesnt matter if she didnt hit her that hard.



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
caune



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17874
Location: Valley of the Bun


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really announcer. "Diana walked into this building thinking she'd set the record" no, she didn't. Everyone else has been hyping it but she has said over and over it will happen when it happens.



_________________
Because there is only one Diana Taurasi.
@Phoenix Mercury
SCook



Joined: 09 Oct 2013
Posts: 2009
Location: New Jersey


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BG, they are going to double teamed. If you don't attack



_________________
In La'Kech: I Am You. You Are Me. We Are Us
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7668
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Put Diarra in!


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11311



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Dee is *only* averaging 6 FTA a game while averaging just 4.8 2 point FG attempts this year. She embellishes as well as anyone. She's really the last person in a position to complain when stuff doesn't go her way. Phoenix was +100 in FTA last year. +18 this year. And it would be higher if there wasn't a game or two each year where she completely loses it. News flash. Teams get screwed in certain games. So do players. She is the only player who loses it to this magnitude when calls don't go her way. If she didn't make contact with Beard (questionable from the camera angles), she still got away with one on Nneka that was worthy of ejection.

So stop crying, consider yourself lucky, and play the game.


It started right away. Rewatch from tipoff. Beard annoying DT and putting her hand on her and DT slaps that hand away multiple times. Then DT's first foul she was coming off a screen and IMO Beard fouled her first on that steal. She got frustrated and locked her arm and threw her off and got the foul herself which should of been a T. Then her elbow to Nneka reminded me of her elbow against Hamby. Should of been tossed for that, Doesnt matter if she didnt hit her that hard.


I hear you. That makes it even worse I guess. This stuff happens in basketball, and women's basketball has a lot of contact due to the close proximity of the players. Every one of us knows there are going to be games our teams or players don't get calls. No other team has a player or coach who loses it to the magnitude of Diana. And it's just too important a game to have that happen. I don't understand it.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
BamaEd



Joined: 11 May 2014
Posts: 253
Location: United States


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean who is this guy calling the game? I know I'm spoiled by Bob and LaChina but he's really bad. Mary looks like a superstar in comparison.

I have no dog in this fight, but this commentating crew may cause me to root against LA haha.


SCook



Joined: 09 Oct 2013
Posts: 2009
Location: New Jersey


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I honestly don't like this Commentary. It is just straight trash.

Phoenix is playing too fast. Too too fast. That's hurting them right now.



_________________
In La'Kech: I Am You. You Are Me. We Are Us
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7668
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How was that not a foul?

I'm glad they didn't pretend that Kobe was there to watch the Sparks. It's all Diana for him. Laughing


Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 242



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
I have no dog in this fight, but this commentating crew may cause me to root against LA haha.


I hate both of these teams, so I'm rooting for whichever outcome makes the most people mad... I will say that the game-within-a-game of Beard versus Taurasi is more fascinating than the game itself.



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7668
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3 points away!


mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 17607



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
How was that not a foul?

I'm glad they didn't pretend that Kobe was there to watch the Sparks. It's all Diana for him. Laughing


Kobe Bryant's Taurasi fangurling is my favorite.



_________________
TALENT

What it takes to play a gay pirate, a gay candymaker, and a gay mad hatter, and still land a role as John Dilinger.
BamaEd



Joined: 11 May 2014
Posts: 253
Location: United States


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
I have no dog in this fight, but this commentating crew may cause me to root against LA haha.


I hate both of these teams, so I'm rooting for whichever outcome makes the most people mad... I will say that the game-within-a-game of Beard versus Taurasi is more fascinating than the game itself.


Can't say I disagree with that haha. I love Beard, hard nosed defender, but realizing how chippy her play can be. Taurasi has always been chippy and, um, passionate on the court. Funny thing is, it looked like she had more of an argument with her 2nd foul than her third, but she argued more with her 3rd.


SCook



Joined: 09 Oct 2013
Posts: 2009
Location: New Jersey


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the looks of it, NOW DT is going for the record.

She wasn't before but after the calls, she is now going after the record.

Honestly, I'll never understand the calls BG gets against L.A. calls are always such garbage. Some warranted but 3 in the 1st half, every time you play the same team is BS.



_________________
In La'Kech: I Am You. You Are Me. We Are Us
caune



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17874
Location: Valley of the Bun


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bunnies got hops



_________________
Because there is only one Diana Taurasi.
@Phoenix Mercury
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7668
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats DT!


BamaEd



Joined: 11 May 2014
Posts: 253
Location: United States


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to DT. No matter what you think of her, dang she's a heck of a player and just an amazing offensive player.


mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 17607



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GOAT.



_________________
TALENT

What it takes to play a gay pirate, a gay candymaker, and a gay mad hatter, and still land a role as John Dilinger.
Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 242



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations, indeed. I can honestly say that she's my second-favorite player ever to come out of UConn.

EDIT - Actually, on review, she's my third-favorite.



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard


Last edited by Silky Johnson on 06/18/17 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19332
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
GOAT.

Wait, Catchings is there too? Cool.

Wink



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
SDHoops



Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 625



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the goat! 🐐 She could crank that thing up and make it uncatchable in the coming years


caune



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17874
Location: Valley of the Bun


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cheers to Diana!



_________________
Because there is only one Diana Taurasi.
@Phoenix Mercury
jap



Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 7071



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's close out these buffies but good this half!



_________________
Regards,
J A P
hangtyme24



Joined: 21 May 2006
Posts: 2088



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
From the looks of it, NOW DT is going for the record.

She wasn't before but after the calls, she is now going after the record.

Honestly, I'll never understand the calls BG gets against L.A. calls are always such garbage. Some warranted but 3 in the 1st half, every time you play the same team is BS.


BG does get called for some questionable fouls, but so does her opponents. Most of the time all her defenders can do is stand there with their hands up lol. Officiating has to get better indeed.



_________________
HERE 2 STAY!


Last edited by hangtyme24 on 06/18/17 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
SCook



Joined: 09 Oct 2013
Posts: 2009
Location: New Jersey


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
SCook wrote:
From the looks of it, NOW DT is going for the record.

She wasn't before but after the calls, she is now going after the record.

Honestly, I'll never understand the calls BG gets against L.A. calls are always such garbage. Some warranted but 3 in the 1st half, every time you play the same team is BS.


BG does get called for some questionable fouls, but so does her opponents. Most of the time all her defenders can do is stabs there with their hands up lol. Officiating has to get better indeed.


I will definitely say that this season the calls the opposition get has made me scratch my head at times, but the last 4 yrs that was not the case. BG could get elbowed in the face and no call. Prime example, when BG was hit in the face twice and resulted in losing some of her tooth and an injury to her cornea.



_________________
In La'Kech: I Am You. You Are Me. We Are Us


Last edited by SCook on 06/18/17 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
SCook



Joined: 09 Oct 2013
Posts: 2009
Location: New Jersey


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations DT!!!!



_________________
In La'Kech: I Am You. You Are Me. We Are Us
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7668
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carson with a groin pull. Williams starts for her.


caune



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17874
Location: Valley of the Bun


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geez. The Sparks have really taken to the LA acting thing, huh?



_________________
Because there is only one Diana Taurasi.
@Phoenix Mercury
SCook



Joined: 09 Oct 2013
Posts: 2009
Location: New Jersey


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The stuff that the commentators are saying, is just trash.

BG didn't hit Nneka, please stop. I can't do this.

Like, Is the goal to paint BG as a dirty player?



_________________
In La'Kech: I Am You. You Are Me. We Are Us
adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 958



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My mute button is coming in handy today.


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7668
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd rather have Ann Meyers and Dick Fain together than these two Laughing


jap



Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 7071



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's foul out all the Merc starters. Laughing



_________________
Regards,
J A P
SCook



Joined: 09 Oct 2013
Posts: 2009
Location: New Jersey


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I turned off the game. After today, I'll never watch another L.A. home game



_________________
In La'Kech: I Am You. You Are Me. We Are Us
caune



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17874
Location: Valley of the Bun


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Let's foul out all the Merc starters. Laughing
Tommy Nunez, on the way to making this come true.



_________________
Because there is only one Diana Taurasi.
@Phoenix Mercury


Last edited by caune on 06/18/17 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7668
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lavender with her classic one foot on the line, deep 2.


Admiral_Needa



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 9402
Location: Tiburon, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching that pass from Griner to Nobody, that backpedaling travel by Sims, and that high pass to Griner from Taurasi which was too high for even the 6'9" Griner.... Shocked

I'm wondering why there's no Shaqtin' a Fool for the WNBA Razz Twisted Evil



_________________
2002 WNBA Virtual GM Overall Winner
2006 WNBA Triple Threat Overall Winner
2007 NBA ESPN Fast Break Overall Winner
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13959



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where's Diarra? I'm beginning to think she's not a real player.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
jap



Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 7071



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nobody but nobody wants to see Riquna and Odyssey taking off from downtown! Look out for the 2017 Sparks identity! Laughing



_________________
Regards,
J A P
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6225



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Nobody but nobody wants to see Riquna and Odyssey taking off from downtown! Look out for the 2017 Sparks identity! Laughing


Dream fans do. Probably so do fans of the Links, Sun, Wings, Mystics, Stars, Mercury......


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13959



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's real! Diarra is in!!



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6225



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
She's real! Diarra is in!!


Quick - back to my TV. Probably NBA TV will cut to commerical.....


jap



Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 7071



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
She's real! Diarra is in!!


Of course she's real. This isn't the Dream and Lori Ann.



_________________
Regards,
J A P
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin