Board Junkies Forums

2018 Draft Watch Update....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LibFan25

PostPosted: 06/21/17 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Just for fun if it was today no early entries

1. SA Wilson (SA just got better, but make the playoffs better?)
2. Chi Deshields (This should help in Chicago)
3. Dallas Russell (I realize this is crazy but will look better after Tenn gets to the FF and Russell contributes to their success)
4. Atl Turner (If she returns from her ACl this season)
5. Conn G. Williams (Does she start at the 2, or back up 2-4?)
6. Indy K. Mitchell (Pokey can't believe her luck, attack of the Mitchell's back-court in Indy)
7. PX Billings (PX needs a big)
8. Seattle Canada (is she the heir apparent to Bird?)
9. NY Nared (The not flashy do everything SF the Liberty fans have been waiting for?)
10. Was L. Brown (Instant offense off the bench, Lexie will basically be the new Latta)
11. LA Vadeeva (N. Ogwumike a teammate of hers in Russia convinces her to come over to LA for the summer)
12. Minn Nurse (A future back court of Nurse and A. Jones could be interesting)

My heart wants the Libs to get Gabby...somehow someway lol

My realistic mind is sayin its either gonna be Billings, Nurse, Canada, or Nared. Solid prospects. I perfer Nared or Canada, Billings has the highest ceiling i would not surprise if she lands in the top6

toad455

PostPosted: 06/21/17 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would have to wonder if no one declares early if Dallas would trade their pick(#3)? There's really no posts that should be taken at #3 over someone like Mitchell or Williams. Dallas should stick with the 6 guards/wings they have in Diggins, Christmas, Davis, Gray, Chong & Powers.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/21/17 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
5'11 pf with no three point range doesn't that describe Gabby Williams?

PickledGinger wrote:
basketballologist wrote:
My mock draft if the season was over today....

1. San Antonio (Aja Wilson)
2. Chicago (Diamond DeShields)
3. Dallas (Teaira McCowan)
4. Atlanta (Mercedes Russell)
5. Connecticut (Kelsey Mitchell)
6. Indiana (Gabby Williams)
7. Phoenix (Briana Turner)
8. Seattle (Jordin Canada)
9. New York (Shakayla Thomas)
10. Washington (Monique Billings)
11. Los Angeles (Victoria Vivians)
12. Minnesota (Lexie Brown)

Because 5'11" power forwards with no 3-point range have been drafted to highly in the past. Cough...Nina Davis. Replace with Kia Nurse and we're in complete agreement over the top 12 at this point, though, well done.

I'd like to add another name to the list of possible 1st rounders...Cecelia Zandalasini, a 21-year old Italian wing that has been the best player in EuroBasket so far. She has a big body and craftiness and jumper that reminds me a lot of Penny Taylor. I think she could be a legit player in the W if a team could get her to come over regularly.

Bump

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 06/21/17 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/21/17 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I would have to wonder if no one declares early if Dallas would trade their pick(#3)? There's really no posts that should be taken at #3 over someone like Mitchell or Williams. Dallas should stick with the 6 guards/wings they have in Diggins, Christmas, Davis, Gray, Chong & Powers.

Who says we wont have the # 1 pick ? Cool

PostPosted: 06/21/17 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who says the Wings will be in the lottery? Stars and Sky are a lock, but 9 and 10 are pretty much up for grabs.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/21/17 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Who says the Wings will be in the lottery? Stars and Sky are a lock, but 9 and 10 are pretty much up for grabs.

Agreed. Atlanta's falling right now & Indiana has been up & down all season. I see the Sun getting into the play-offs, but Dallas isn't exactly looking good this season either.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
blaase22

PostPosted: 06/21/17 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Williams is better and more athletic than Thomas no doubt but williams needs to develop a three point shot to be a good swing player in the W.
If she doesn't show ability to hit the three next season at UCONN taking her in the lottery over players like Mitchell will be a mistake.

root_thing wrote:
Gabby Williams arrived at UConn as a guard. She was converted to 4 because the team didn't have enough posts. Williams can clearly handle the ball and she is an excellent passer (5.1 apg). Except for points, where Thomas has a slight edge, Gabby has better numbers across the board. Obviously, Williams is also a superior defender. She shouldn't have any trouble transitioning to either wing position. Yes, it will help if she develops a 3Pt shot, but Gabby brings enough to the table right now to justify a 1st Round pick.

I view Thomas as a small Shayla Cooper without the shooting range.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/21/17 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

If we can finish at 9 or 10 i like our chances at a #1 pick. History says were due , #2 & 3 picks how many years in a row. Lisa Make this happen ..with the 1st pick in the 2018 WNBA draft. The DALLAS WINGS select #Aja Wilson

PostPosted: 06/21/17 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

If we can finish at 9 or 10 i like our chances at a #1 pick. History says were due , #2 & 3 picks how many years in a row. Lisa Make this happen ..with the 1st pick in the 2018 WNBA draft. The DALLAS WINGS select #Aja Wilson

In theory, at least, the ping pong balls have no memory or knowledge of history.

The rules are skewed to help the worst team. So finishing 9th might end up getting the 4th spot, just like it did for the Dream a few years ago. Dallas does have the "advantage" of a lousy record last year. However, I think Dallas could make the playoffs this year and Fred's job may depend on it.

DotCom Wrote:

Quote:
The odds are unchanged, with the Lottery Team with the worst two-year cumulative record having 442 chances out of 1,000 to win the first pick, the Lottery Team with the second worst two-year cumulative record having 276 chances out of 1,000, the Lottery Team with the third worst two-year cumulative record having 178 chances out of 1,000, and the Lottery Team with the best two-year cumulative record having 104 chances out of 1,000 to win the first pick. Cumulative record tiebreakers will be based solely on the immediately preceding season (e.g., the first tiebreaker would be the worst record in the immediately preceding season).

The new format will also guarantee that the Lottery Team with the worst two-year cumulative record will end up with at least the third pick. Under the previous format, the Lottery Team with the worst single-season record was guaranteed to pick no worse than fourth.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/21/17 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Agreed. Atlanta's falling right now & Indiana has been up & down all season. I see the Sun getting into the play-offs, but Dallas isn't exactly looking good this season either.

Atlanta has been on the road for three weeks. Once they get some home games they'll be able to right the ship.

PostPosted: 06/21/17 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If there is any team where you can't look at the w/l to predict the future it is the Dream. Streaks in both directions are common and this has been the case for years now.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 06/21/17 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago trade draft rights to Coates to Dallas for .... "We got Wings!"

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/21/17 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

In theory, at least, the ping pong balls have no memory or knowledge of history.

The rules are skewed to help the worst team. So finishing 9th might end up getting the 4th spot, just like it did for the Dream a few years ago. Dallas does have the "advantage" of a lousy record last year. However, I think Dallas could make the playoffs this year and Fred's job may depend on it.

DotCom Wrote:

Quote:
The odds are unchanged, with the Lottery Team with the worst two-year cumulative record having 442 chances out of 1,000 to win the first pick, the Lottery Team with the second worst two-year cumulative record having 276 chances out of 1,000, the Lottery Team with the third worst two-year cumulative record having 178 chances out of 1,000, and the Lottery Team with the best two-year cumulative record having 104 chances out of 1,000 to win the first pick. Cumulative record tiebreakers will be based solely on the immediately preceding season (e.g., the first tiebreaker would be the worst record in the immediately preceding season).

The new format will also guarantee that the Lottery Team with the worst two-year cumulative record will end up with at least the third pick. Under the previous format, the Lottery Team with the worst single-season record was guaranteed to pick no worse than fourth.

Like the year LA got CP3 Laughing . If we failed to make the playoffs we will have the 2nd worse 2 year accumulative record and we will get the #1 pick . Im calling it into fruition Idea

PostPosted: 06/21/17 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

I wouldnt do it if I was Dallas,
They can get Turner, Mccowan, or Mitchell (maybe Stevens) who are all better.
Coates is like the 8th pick in this draft.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/21/17 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

I wouldnt do it if I was Dallas,
They can get Turner, Mccowan, or Mitchell (maybe Stevens) who are all better.
Coates is like the 8th pick in this draft.

dont think we need mitchell , stacked in the backcourt enough. Targets should be McCowan if she declares . Aja if we get #1 of course & Russell . Turner if she doesnt redshirt and returns to form , but i dont think she will help our rebounding efforts same with russell . So prayers for McCowan & Aja. Gabby wouldnt be a good fit , she cant protect the rim & thats what we need. Heeck We Might not need any of these gals if our beloved Liz Camb*tch makes her delighted dazzling return down the Yellow brick road

PostPosted: 06/21/17 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Williams is better and more athletic than Thomas no doubt but williams needs to develop a three point shot to be a good swing player in the W.
If she doesn't show ability to hit the three next season at UCONN taking her in the lottery over players like Mitchell will be a mistake.

root_thing wrote:
Gabby Williams arrived at UConn as a guard. She was converted to 4 because the team didn't have enough posts. Williams can clearly handle the ball and she is an excellent passer (5.1 apg). Except for points, where Thomas has a slight edge, Gabby has better numbers across the board. Obviously, Williams is also a superior defender. She shouldn't have any trouble transitioning to either wing position. Yes, it will help if she develops a 3Pt shot, but Gabby brings enough to the table right now to justify a 1st Round pick.

I don't disagree. I've never pushed Gabby as a lottery pick. Obviously, with all these players things can change depending on how they develop this season.

LibFan25 wrote:

My realistic mind is sayin its either gonna be Billings, Nurse, Canada, or Nared. Solid prospects. I perfer Nared or Canada, Billings has the highest ceiling i would not surprise if she lands in the top6

Yeah, I don't think Billings will make it down to #9, and I'm sure Gabby won't. Also, if Boyd is healthy, a speed player like Canada may not add much more to the Liberty than they already have. My best guess right now is that they end up with either Nurse or Nared. A dark horse for the Liberty could be Muldrow. She's under the radar and functions as a 4, but Teana is 6-1 with good athletic ability and decent shooting range. Except for Copper, Muldrow's 3Pt % is better than recent big wing draftees like Coffey, Gray, Powers, Davis, and Holmes -- although the latter three have significantly more volume. Muldrow is from East Orange, NJ so she also fits the Liberty's recent penchant for adding local players.

PostPosted: 06/21/17 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

root_thing wrote:

I don't disagree. I've never pushed Gabby as a lottery pick. Obviously, with all these players things can change depending on how they develop this season.

LibFan25 wrote:

Yeah, I don't think Billings will make it down to #9, and I'm sure Gabby won't. Also, if Boyd is healthy, a speed player like Canada may not add much more to the Liberty than they already have. My best guess right now is that they end up with either Nurse or Nared. A dark horse for the Liberty could be Muldrow. She's under the radar and functions as a 4, but Teana is 6-1 with good athletic ability and decent shooting range. Except for Copper, Muldrow's 3Pt % is better than recent big wing draftees like Coffey, Gray, Powers, Davis, and Holmes -- although the latter three have significantly more volume. Muldrow is from East Orange, NJ so she also fits the Liberty's recent penchant for adding local players.

Hey Root_Thing how do you guys feel about Tyler Scaife ? She could possibly be around within the 6-10 area. I doubt all the way to 10 but Kaela Davis did so who knows.

PostPosted: 06/21/17 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Hey Root_Thing how do you guys feel about Tyler Scaife ? She could possibly be around within the 6-10 area. I doubt all the way to 10 but Kaela Davis did so who knows.

I don't know what to think about Scaife. Has if ever been revealed why she missed the season? Hard to assess a mystery health issue. I always thought she was a little overrated on this board. Scaife is a smallish shooting guard who is fairly quick, but overall nothing special as an athlete -- unlike a Courtney Williams. Remember, Kaela Davis fell because she didn't have a good year. However, she is big for a guard at 6-2 and when Kaela did have good games she could look dominating. Scaife is sort of at the opposite end of the spectrum. She'd have to show extraordinary skill to push up her stock. Right now, I have Tyler in the second round.

PostPosted: 06/21/17 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

root_thing wrote:

LibFan25 wrote:

I was just checkin out Teana Muldrow's stats it looks pretty good, she had a nice jump in points and rebounds from sophomore to junior year, just like Nared. ima keep an eye on her and watch some games no doubt

And your right about Billings, Williams, and Canada. If the Libs really like them they should take the risk to move up...we all know Mr. Trader Bill lol he won't sit around if he sees something he likes

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/21/17 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I don't know what to think about Scaife. Has if ever been revealed why she missed the season? Hard to assess a mystery health issue. I always thought she was a little overrated on this board. Scaife is a smallish shooting guard who is fairly quick, but overall nothing special as an athlete -- unlike a Courtney Williams. Remember, Kaela Davis fell because she didn't have a good year. However, she is big for a guard at 6-2 and when Kaela did have good games she could look dominating. Scaife is sort of at the opposite end of the spectrum. She'd have to show extraordinary skill to push up her stock. Right now, I have Tyler in the second round.

Id take Tyler Scaife before Vivians , Nurse & Nared . I think shes getting the short end of the stick due to her not playing last season there for people forget the talents she possess. Cappie was a small guard out of rutgers so i like to stay optimstic with the history of guards translating to the WNBA . Piph , Matee , Essence , Capp , I think Scaife will suprise alot of people but i do agree the mysterious health issue does kind of scare me also .

PostPosted: 06/21/17 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Macy Miller from South Dakota State will be draft eligible..a big guard who can get down very low on defense. People may recall when she and the Jacks almost upset Stanford in the 2016 NCAA's..could be a draft pick, not sure where at. Needs to work on outside shot for a realistic chance at the W

She got her year back from tearing her ACL this past year. From what I've heard, she will be using it, so she would become a 2019 prospect.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/21/17 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

We will trade you Coates for Powers and you got a deal.

PostPosted: 06/22/17 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The scary thing with Coates is that she still has the possibility of being the first player to exercise the right to sit out the full year and re-enter the draft. Which would really cement Chicago's 2017 draft as one of the worst in league history.

PostPosted: 06/22/17 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

We will trade you Coates for Powers and you got a deal.

Declined , i want to see coates in action first before we decide her worth Laughing . Maybe Kaela Davis for Coates ?

PostPosted: 06/22/17 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
The scary thing with Coates is that she still has the possibility of being the first player to exercise the right to sit out the full year and re-enter the draft. Which would really cement Chicago's 2017 draft as one of the worst in league history.

This _________________ Idea

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: