63%
 63%  [ 14 ]
Sun
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 22

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/13/17 6:02 pm    ::: Liberty @ Sun - 6/14/17 Reply Reply with quote

7:00 PM ET
Mohegan Sun Arena
Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Game Info: http://www.wnba.com/game/20170614/NYLCON/

TV: League Pass; MSG

Last edited by Luuuc on 06/15/17 2:32 am; edited 2 times in total
toad455

PostPosted: 06/13/17 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keep it going, Liberty!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
markinct

PostPosted: 06/13/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see how the Sun can possibly win this one....they've been without TUck for a few games...Kizer was out for the last one...the post is weakened and if those two are out again...The Liberty will foul out JJ ...game, set , match....

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/13/17 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want to see a Supernova from you this game, Connecticut.

PostPosted: 06/14/17 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut has been on a bit of a roll lately. Sure it's only win's are against San Antonio and Chicago and Atlanta but it was the first time in 2 years that Connecticut beat Atlanta.

The Sun are without Morgan Tuck and Lynetta Kizer's status for the game is unknown at this point. Signing Kayla Pedersen will give Connecticut a little boost in defense. Jonquel Jones may bet into foul trouble in this game, but Tina Charles isn't prone to foul trouble too. The Sun are going to have to get good use of all of it's post players (Jonquel, Alyssa, Lynetta if she's playing, Brionna, Pedersen and hopefully if Danielle comes in, she can hit some 3's.

I think a big key to this game is Jasmine Thomas, Courtney Williams and Shekinna Stricklen. If all three hit their shots at a good clip, the Sun can win. Also key is trying to slow down Tina Charles, but if you slow down Charles, you also have to slow down Stokes.

I can see Jonquel Jones in the paint trying to defend both Charles and Stokes and fouling out. Miller has to be smart about his game plan and substitutions to keep Jones out of foul trouble. His game plan worked against Atlanta where his focus was taking Tiffany Hayes out of the game and it worked.

If the Sun can beat Atlanta for the first time in 2 years, even if it was without McCoughtry, they can beat New York... but I doubt it.

Connecticut's guard rotation is kind of pathetic. All they have is Jasmine Thomas and Courtney Williams. Rachel Banham will get minute and do nothing but be terrible like usual and Feyonda Fitzgerald won't be much of a scoring threat either. Thomas and Williams will be playing close to 40 minutes each. I don't see Jonquel Jones rebounding in double figures in this game. Not when she's up against super rebounders Charles and Stokes.

If the Sun have any chance at winning this game, Jonquel Jones is going to have to go all out and play beyond her years even more than she has been this season so far.

Lumes

PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't notice Kizer on the video of training. And also didn't see Alisa. Only 9 players.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lumes wrote:
Didn't notice Kizer on the video of training. And also didn't see Alisa. Only 9 players.

Since when is A. Thomas injured?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Lumes

PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Lumes wrote:

Since when is A. Thomas injured?

She finished last game normally (except terrible ft shooting). So this is only thing I now. Also CT twitter has picture where she and Linette visited Summer Fitness Challenge. But I don't think its reasonable reason) to miss practice)

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/14/17 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm always wary of games like this where the thought is that we are a prohibitive favorite. Laimbeer mentioned Stokes was fatigued after the last game. No surprise as she has played very, very hard, physical minutes of late. Against a team that is more oriented toward quickness than size inside, curious to see how much run Nayo gets. But that's probably largely dependent on how Kiah performs.

PostPosted: 06/14/17 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thought this game was on MSG?? It's not on MSG and League Pass is blacked out for me because I get MSG. Wtf

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/14/17 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MSG plus.

PostPosted: 06/14/17 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Credit to CT for playing well but that was the worst quarter of defense we've played this year. NY looking full of themselves.

PostPosted: 06/14/17 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any news on what's Up with Tuck? Morgan Tuck? Question

Can't stream the game now. Confused

sigur3

PostPosted: 06/14/17 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there anything Bentley does better than Williams that would warrant her being a starter when she returns?

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Any news on what's Up with Tuck? Morgan Tuck? Question

Still out with the knee contusion. Not looking good tbh

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/14/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina has one foul??? That's what boxscore says. She's looks like there's something wrong with her. Not looking for offense at all.

PostPosted: 06/14/17 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even though I'm in the MSG blackout zone, I've managed to get the League Pass stream by tinkering with the private mode and VPN mode in the Opera browser.
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was upsetting on a number of levels. But I think having CT take it to NY physically is the most disappointing part. The urgency level is much higher on CTs side.

Rodgers has largely been a non-entity on both ends. Defensively the Libs yielded uncontested shots to players for just about the entire first quarter and it's a team with good perimeter players. Toss in 20 paint points and NY is doing very little within its identity to deter a hot and confident offensive team.

I'd expect more Liberty type defense in the second half. Whether we have enough offense to eliminate a 15 point lead is open to question. Curt Miller appears to have scouted the Libs very well and has his team buying in on the defensive end. Other than Z creating her shot 1-on-1 and neutralizing Nayo, they've done a terrific job on help defense and taking away the strengths of Sugar, Tina and Kiah.

Among other things CT had only one first half TO. There were a few loose balls that the Libs just didn't get after. It speaks to the Libs being really lacking in the energy needed to win.

Lindsay Allen has also passed up a few wide open shots. The absence of Piph really shows in this game so far in terms of the sagging CT D.

PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm now getting a "this game is currently unavailable " message on League Pass. Anyone else getting this? Is it working for anyone?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I'm now getting a "this game is currently unavailable " message on League Pass. Anyone else getting this? Is it working for anyone?

Working fine for me so it's got to be a blackout issue

PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Worked for me from the start of the game. Probably another mistaken block out.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Disappointing game for Stokes. 1 point 2 rebounds. Unlike early games where I felt her lack of presence was a primary reason for poor team defense tonight I'd say it's more equal opportunity. Still, in reference to Kiah, she goes we go.

PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A. Thomas is straight bullyin her way to the basket and doing whatever she wants.

Big BAD BOY Bill won't like that shit watchin this it should be a wake up call.

You can damn sure tell when the Sun play the Libs they got a lil bit of chip on their shoulders and you can tell.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Definitely a reminder of what the Libs need to do to win, no question. I'd be more concerned if this happened with NY at full strength. CTs game plan was well-designed in ignoring certain non-threats in certain places on the floor.

PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zahui in. Bill waving the white flag.

Statement game from Jonquel tonight.

Last edited by sigur3 on 06/14/17 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank goodness the Mercury cut that dead weight Courtney Williams before she dragged us down any further

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: