RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Stars @ Sparks - 6/15/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Stars
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Sparks
88%
 88%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 25

Author Message
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6260



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
Did he actually say:
"It just occurred to me. For a women's game, they are playing pretty tough"?

What in the entire crap is this guy talking about?!!!!!!


No. He said "For a winless team, they are playing pretty tough."


Ok gotcha! I think I'm hearing stuff bc the Sparks needlessly like to stress me out! Confused Laughing

What on earth does LA do during half time?! Eat sandwiches? Fries? Thanksgiving dinner? Take naps? Get massages? Like, why do they come out with no energy in the second half? Good grief!

MoJeff and Izzy looked great!

I'm still confused as to why Plum is s
starting over Jefferson. Inquiring minds want to know...



This is the million dollar question. I suppose we should check the Plum and league agenda thread Shocked


Laughing Indeed! Hey Yaya!!


Only if you want to learn why Sancho Lyttle is much better than Janel McCarville along with a nice discussion of flawed syllogisms.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3685
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
At this point SA/CHI should just make a trade.......Plum for Coates & the 2018 2nd rd pick.


+1 , its just not working out . VJ starts her and she plays until the 1st TV timeout then she rides the pine for the rest of the game . Teams like Seattle or Chi could use her . Although i cannot say i do not blame VJ for benching the gal , she seems a bit shell shocked and overmatched on the court. Decision making has not been a bright spot neither . So maybe both parties need a new scenery . #PoorLadyPlum Embarassed



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
willtalk



Joined: 13 Apr 2012
Posts: 157
Location: NorCal


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is beginning to appear that they "stuck in their thumb, but pulled out a lemon".


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 8190



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Riquna Williams is not in the league for her defense, or her rebounding.

She is shooting 15.6% from the field.

And the reason she's playing 12.7 mpg is ...?



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6260



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
At this point SA/CHI should just make a trade.......Plum for Coates & the 2018 2nd rd pick.


+1 , its just not working out . VJ starts her and she plays until the 1st TV timeout then she rides the pine for the rest of the game . Teams like Seattle or Chi could use her . Although i cannot say i do not blame VJ for benching the gal , she seems a bit shell shocked and overmatched on the court. Decision making has not been a bright spot neither . So maybe both parties need a new scenery . #PoorLadyPlum Embarassed


Starting/playing her a lot of minute (ala Diggins rookie year) and living with the results would make sense for player development. Playing her limited minutes would make sense if you don't think she's ready yet. Other teams try to find some minutes for rookies to help them develop, but don't start them (e.g. Dream with Holmes last year and Sykes this year). But starting her then benching her in a few minutes makes no sense and can't be good for her confidence or team morale. This is very puzzling.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 19339
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
At this point SA/CHI should just make a trade.......Plum for Coates & the 2018 2nd rd pick.


+1 , its just not working out . VJ starts her and she plays until the 1st TV timeout then she rides the pine for the rest of the game . Teams like Seattle or Chi could use her . Although i cannot say i do not blame VJ for benching the gal , she seems a bit shell shocked and overmatched on the court. Decision making has not been a bright spot neither . So maybe both parties need a new scenery . #PoorLadyPlum Embarassed


Starting/playing her a lot of minute (ala Diggins rookie year) and living with the results would make sense for player development. Playing her limited minutes would make sense if you don't think she's ready yet. Other teams try to find some minutes for rookies to help them develop, but don't start them (e.g. Dream with Holmes last year and Sykes this year). But starting her then benching her in a few minutes makes no sense and can't be good for her confidence or team morale. This is very puzzling.

And all while their other top-5 rookie is now barely seeing the floor at all. The thing is, I don't really understand the lineups either from the perspective of developing the youth, or from just trying to win games right now. If it's youth, give Plum, Coffey, and even Alexander/Hamby etc more rope. Give the Plum/Jefferson/McBride perimeter a legitimate test in multiple games. If it's winning, why is Erika still starting, why Plum over Jefferson, why even Montgomery over Currie? Surely they should be targeting at least one of those things.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/


Last edited by Richyyy on 06/16/17 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Angus24



Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 652
Location: South Dakota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

VJ must figure she can pump up Plum's confidence a bit by starting her. I can't think of any reason why she starts de Souza. Starting bench players and getting your team behind so they have to play catchup is a sure fire recipe for disaster in my opinion. I think the best way to develop Plum would be to put McBride at SF and Plum at SG and see if that would work.They sure don't have much to lose by trying that combination.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 5154



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'm thinking Plum ends up in Seattle before next season. Plum for KML & their 2nd round pick.


What if Kelsey Plum had been drafted by the Seattle Storm? The pros and cons of a territorial draft


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3685
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I'm thinking Plum ends up in Seattle before next season. Plum for KML & their 2nd round pick.


What if Kelsey Plum had been drafted by the Seattle Storm? The pros and cons of a territorial draft



this was a great read , the territorial draft would be great for fans but unfair for parity in the league.



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6260



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I'm thinking Plum ends up in Seattle before next season. Plum for KML & their 2nd round pick.


What if Kelsey Plum had been drafted by the Seattle Storm? The pros and cons of a territorial draft



this was a great read , the territorial draft would be great for fans but unfair for parity in the league.


It is not like there is parity now anyway. Probably there should be a system where a player declares for the territorial draft and then her preferred team would have to give up future draft picks or perhaps agree to make an existing player (presumably an All Star level player) available for the draft.

So if Plum wanted to play in Seattle, then the Storm would have to decide if they wanted to draft her and if not they would have to make a player available in the draft. Might not work for Seattle though since their All Star would probably be worth keeping over Plum.

Say Maya Moore wanted to play in Atlanta, if the Dream draft her they would have had to make Angel available. Maybe they would have.


Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 2603
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The solution to Plum's problem is a lack of JUNGLE LOVE!

I, I've been watching you
I think I want to know ya
I, I am dangerous
Girl I want to show ya

My Jungle Love
I think I want to know ya
JUNGLE LOVE
Girl I need to show ya.



_________________
Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces.
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 8190



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I'm thinking Plum ends up in Seattle before next season. Plum for KML & their 2nd round pick.


What if Kelsey Plum had been drafted by the Seattle Storm? The pros and cons of a territorial draft



this was a great read , the territorial draft would be great for fans but unfair for parity in the league.


It is not like there is parity now anyway. Probably there should be a system where a player declares for the territorial draft and then her preferred team would have to give up future draft picks or perhaps agree to make an existing player (presumably an All Star level player) available for the draft.

So if Plum wanted to play in Seattle, then the Storm would have to decide if they wanted to draft her and if not they would have to make a player available in the draft. Might not work for Seattle though since their All Star would probably be worth keeping over Plum.

Say Maya Moore wanted to play in Atlanta, if the Dream draft her they would have had to make Angel available. Maybe they would have.


But Kelsey Plum grew up in San Diego -- could she opt for the Sparks?



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 6260



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Player would have to choose which team she wants to play for. It could well happen that the team with the territorial rights didn't want to give up anything of value for the player and passes on her so she gets drafted just like anyone else.


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15030
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My question about territorial drafts is always "how would you have allocated Tamika Catchings?"

Also, no. No no no nonononononononononooooooooooooooo. Suck it up and learn to love awesome players who maybe aren't local.



_________________
If you can't see, stand up.

If you think it's too loud, you're not loud enough.
bcdawg04



Joined: 12 Apr 2016
Posts: 252
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/17 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I'm thinking Plum ends up in Seattle before next season. Plum for KML & their 2nd round pick.


What if Kelsey Plum had been drafted by the Seattle Storm? The pros and cons of a territorial draft


Interesting. The writer is a former Storm staff member.

But please, no territorial draft. Before this season, the last UW player who played in the league was a 2006 graduate. Even if some of the WNBA players who attended HS in the area (such as Vandersloot) had declared for Seattle...still, the Storm would lose more than it would gain with a territorial draft.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin