RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Liberty @ Sun - 6/14/17
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Liberty
63%
 63%  [ 14 ]
Sun
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author Message
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 17247



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 6:02 pm    ::: Liberty @ Sun - 6/14/17 Reply Reply with quote

7:00 PM ET
Mohegan Sun Arena
Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Game Info: http://www.wnba.com/game/20170614/NYLCON/

TV: League Pass; MSG



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee


Last edited by Luuuc on 06/15/17 2:32 am; edited 2 times in total
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13437



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keep it going, Liberty!



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
markinct



Joined: 22 May 2011
Posts: 658
Location: Daytona Beach Florida


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see how the Sun can possibly win this one....they've been without TUck for a few games...Kizer was out for the last one...the post is weakened and if those two are out again...The Liberty will foul out JJ ...game, set , match....


Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 2456
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want to see a Supernova from you this game, Connecticut.



_________________
Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces.
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 485



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut has been on a bit of a roll lately. Sure it's only win's are against San Antonio and Chicago and Atlanta but it was the first time in 2 years that Connecticut beat Atlanta.

The Sun are without Morgan Tuck and Lynetta Kizer's status for the game is unknown at this point. Signing Kayla Pedersen will give Connecticut a little boost in defense. Jonquel Jones may bet into foul trouble in this game, but Tina Charles isn't prone to foul trouble too. The Sun are going to have to get good use of all of it's post players (Jonquel, Alyssa, Lynetta if she's playing, Brionna, Pedersen and hopefully if Danielle comes in, she can hit some 3's.

I think a big key to this game is Jasmine Thomas, Courtney Williams and Shekinna Stricklen. If all three hit their shots at a good clip, the Sun can win. Also key is trying to slow down Tina Charles, but if you slow down Charles, you also have to slow down Stokes.

I can see Jonquel Jones in the paint trying to defend both Charles and Stokes and fouling out. Miller has to be smart about his game plan and substitutions to keep Jones out of foul trouble. His game plan worked against Atlanta where his focus was taking Tiffany Hayes out of the game and it worked.

If the Sun can beat Atlanta for the first time in 2 years, even if it was without McCoughtry, they can beat New York... but I doubt it.

Connecticut's guard rotation is kind of pathetic. All they have is Jasmine Thomas and Courtney Williams. Rachel Banham will get minute and do nothing but be terrible like usual and Feyonda Fitzgerald won't be much of a scoring threat either. Thomas and Williams will be playing close to 40 minutes each. I don't see Jonquel Jones rebounding in double figures in this game. Not when she's up against super rebounders Charles and Stokes.

If the Sun have any chance at winning this game, Jonquel Jones is going to have to go all out and play beyond her years even more than she has been this season so far.


Lumes



Joined: 16 May 2015
Posts: 430
Location: Ukraine


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't notice Kizer on the video of training. And also didn't see Alisa. Only 9 players.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13437



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lumes wrote:
Didn't notice Kizer on the video of training. And also didn't see Alisa. Only 9 players.


Since when is A. Thomas injured?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Lumes



Joined: 16 May 2015
Posts: 430
Location: Ukraine


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Lumes wrote:
Didn't notice Kizer on the video of training. And also didn't see Alisa. Only 9 players.


Since when is A. Thomas injured?


She finished last game normally (except terrible ft shooting). So this is only thing I now. Also CT twitter has picture where she and Linette visited Summer Fitness Challenge. But I don't think its reasonable reason) to miss practice)


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11039



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm always wary of games like this where the thought is that we are a prohibitive favorite. Laimbeer mentioned Stokes was fatigued after the last game. No surprise as she has played very, very hard, physical minutes of late. Against a team that is more oriented toward quickness than size inside, curious to see how much run Nayo gets. But that's probably largely dependent on how Kiah performs.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 485



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thought this game was on MSG?? It's not on MSG and League Pass is blacked out for me because I get MSG. Wtf


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11039



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MSG plus.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11039



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Credit to CT for playing well but that was the worst quarter of defense we've played this year. NY looking full of themselves.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Admiral_Needa



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 9331
Location: Tiburon, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any news on what's Up with Tuck? Morgan Tuck? Question

Can't stream the game now. Confused



_________________
2002 WNBA Virtual GM Overall Winner
2006 WNBA Triple Threat Overall Winner
2007 NBA ESPN Fast Break Overall Winner
sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 5338
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there anything Bentley does better than Williams that would warrant her being a starter when she returns?

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Any news on what's Up with Tuck? Morgan Tuck? Question


Still out with the knee contusion. Not looking good tbh



_________________
chicago sky tankwagon 2017
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11039



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina has one foul??? That's what boxscore says. She's looks like there's something wrong with her. Not looking for offense at all.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 3598
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even though I'm in the MSG blackout zone, I've managed to get the League Pass stream by tinkering with the private mode and VPN mode in the Opera browser.
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11039



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was upsetting on a number of levels. But I think having CT take it to NY physically is the most disappointing part. The urgency level is much higher on CTs side.

Rodgers has largely been a non-entity on both ends. Defensively the Libs yielded uncontested shots to players for just about the entire first quarter and it's a team with good perimeter players. Toss in 20 paint points and NY is doing very little within its identity to deter a hot and confident offensive team.

I'd expect more Liberty type defense in the second half. Whether we have enough offense to eliminate a 15 point lead is open to question. Curt Miller appears to have scouted the Libs very well and has his team buying in on the defensive end. Other than Z creating her shot 1-on-1 and neutralizing Nayo, they've done a terrific job on help defense and taking away the strengths of Sugar, Tina and Kiah.

Among other things CT had only one first half TO. There were a few loose balls that the Libs just didn't get after. It speaks to the Libs being really lacking in the energy needed to win.

Lindsay Allen has also passed up a few wide open shots. The absence of Piph really shows in this game so far in terms of the sagging CT D.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11066



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm now getting a "this game is currently unavailable " message on League Pass. Anyone else getting this? Is it working for anyone?


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 17247



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I'm now getting a "this game is currently unavailable " message on League Pass. Anyone else getting this? Is it working for anyone?

Working fine for me so it's got to be a blackout issue



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 5654



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Worked for me from the start of the game. Probably another mistaken block out.


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11039



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Disappointing game for Stokes. 1 point 2 rebounds. Unlike early games where I felt her lack of presence was a primary reason for poor team defense tonight I'd say it's more equal opportunity. Still, in reference to Kiah, she goes we go.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 177
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A. Thomas is straight bullyin her way to the basket and doing whatever she wants.

Big BAD BOY Bill won't like that shit watchin this it should be a wake up call.

You can damn sure tell when the Sun play the Libs they got a lil bit of chip on their shoulders and you can tell.


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11039



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Definitely a reminder of what the Libs need to do to win, no question. I'd be more concerned if this happened with NY at full strength. CTs game plan was well-designed in ignoring certain non-threats in certain places on the floor.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 5338
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zahui in. Bill waving the white flag.

Statement game from Jonquel tonight.



_________________
chicago sky tankwagon 2017


Last edited by sigur3 on 06/14/17 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 17247



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank goodness the Mercury cut that dead weight Courtney Williams before she dragged us down any further



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 5654



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Is there anything Bentley does better than Williams that would warrant her being a starter when she returns?

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Any news on what's Up with Tuck? Morgan Tuck? Question


Still out with the knee contusion. Not looking good tbh


I can't think of anything. Bentley's starting job may be a casualty of her trip overseas.


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11039



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a disappointing effort.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 5654



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sun suddenly look like a pretty exciting basketball team.


LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 177
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
What a disappointing effort.


Bill should rip them apart and tell them how soft they played and you can't take days off in the W...its a fact


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11039



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They have a lot of talent. Miller took a lot of heat last year but he's clearly done a lot of things right. The Jones and Williams acquisitions look great. He or someone on the staff has likely had a heavy influence in accelerating Jones' development. And when you have 5 threats to score on the floor it works wonders.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11039



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
What a disappointing effort.


Bill should rip them apart and tell them how soft they played and you can't take days off in the W...its a fact


I don't think there will be any sugar coating the performance at all. Not only from the physical effort aspect but also whatever mental errors on defense there were. The way they broke down NYs defense at will you have to figure there were plenty.

As soon as the Libs cut the lead to 9, CT immediately went on a 7-0 run...effortlessly. So many reminders that we don't have the talent to win on that alone, as Herb Brooks would say. I expected CT to be less physically engaging. I was wrong. However on Friday we play a team that is unequivocally NOT physically engaging. We play our game we'll win that one. Hopefully that's what happens and then we have a week to focus on payback vs. the Sun. It'll likely be a tough game but I don't expect a lack of energy to be NYs undoing.

We also really need more consistency from Stokes. In 2015 and 2016 she wasn't an offensive threat outside of layups but she could be counted on to chip in 6-8 points and 6-8 rebounds nearly every night. To see her match Griner's numbers 10 days ago and then have tonight's numbers is really frustrating.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 177
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
What a disappointing effort.


Bill should rip them apart and tell them how soft they played and you can't take days off in the W...its a fact


I don't think there will be any sugar coating the performance at all. Not only from the physical effort aspect but also whatever mental errors on defense there were. The way they broke down NYs defense at will you have to figure there were plenty.

As soon as the Libs cut the lead to 9, CT immediately went on a 7-0 run...effortlessly. So many reminders that we don't have the talent to win on that alone, as Herb Brooks would say. I expected CT to be less physically engaging. I was wrong. However on Friday we play a team that is unequivocally NOT physically engaging. We play our game we'll win that one. Hopefully that's what happens and then we have a week to focus on payback vs. the Sun. It'll likely be a tough game but I don't expect a lack of energy to be NYs undoing.


yup just gotta regroup and take it out on Dallas, good thing i forgot to DVR this game lol i would of deleted it anyway.

C.Williams is gonna be a good one, that jumper of hers is deadly


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 3800



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Missed the game, after looking at the box score I'm not sure I'm going to watch it. (I do like A. Thomas and C. Williams but not enough to watch them beat up on my team.)


Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 1712
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No, Bill shouldn't "rip them apart." It's so easy for fans to flame out. It's a 34-game regular season. New York is playing, in Laimbeer's stated view, without three of our best seven players. They had a bad game. It happens. Even among great teams. And this is NOT a great team, even if Prince, Vaughn, and Boyd were all active.

There's a lot of focus here on Kiah Stokes and there should be. But Liberty fans have essentially bypassed Sugar Rodgers' shooting woes. Ten games isn't a huge sample, but I wouldn't call it a small sample. Rodgers is shooting 34% from the field. (Last year 40.5%.) She has too many halves where she is invisible offensively. Even when Prince returns, New York needs Rodgers to shoot well to have a successful season.



_________________
Let's remember Anucha Browne, who was sexually harassed by Isiah Thomas. She is currently a vice president of the NCAA and focuses on women's basketball.
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 3598
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Thank goodness the Mercury cut that dead weight Courtney Williams before she dragged us down any further


You also got rid of Jillian Alleyne and a draft pick that I think turned out to be Shayla Cooper.

BUT

In return you got the highly productive and MIPilacious Kelsey Bone.
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 177
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
No, Bill shouldn't "rip them apart." It's so easy for fans to flame out. It's a 34-game regular season. New York is playing, in Laimbeer's stated view, without three of our best seven players. They had a bad game. It happens. Even among great teams. And this is NOT a great team, even if Prince, Vaughn, and Boyd were all active.

There's a lot of focus here on Kiah Stokes and there should be. But Liberty fans have essentially bypassed Sugar Rodgers' shooting woes. Ten games isn't a huge sample, but I wouldn't call it a small sample. Rodgers is shooting 34% from the field. (Last year 40.5%.) She has too many halves where she is invisible offensively. Even when Prince returns, New York needs Rodgers to shoot well to have a successful season.


Good point on Rodgers i agree but disagree on the excuse of missing players, the Sun is missing players also so its no excuse for them to play so poorly like this. its disappointing. but i think its a good wake up call to not take any team in the W so lightly...


Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 1712
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
Good point on Rodgers i agree but disagree on the excuse of missing players, the Sun is missing players also so its no excuse for them to play so poorly like this. its disappointing. but i think its a good wake up call to not take any team in the W so lightly...


"Taking them lightly" is more empty rhetoric. Do you have any evidence that any Liberty player took Connecticut lightly? All you or anyone knows is that New York played a lousy game. We all saw that.

How easy it is to sit at a computer and "know" what's inside the heads of professional athletes.



_________________
Let's remember Anucha Browne, who was sexually harassed by Isiah Thomas. She is currently a vice president of the NCAA and focuses on women's basketball.
Admiral_Needa



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 9331
Location: Tiburon, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
What a disappointing effort.


Bill should rip them apart and tell them how soft they played and you can't take days off in the W...its a fact



Looks like NYL played like the GSW Warriors in Game 4... Just expected to show up and win Confused

That said, before Prince and Kia left, I predicted that with such a relatively easy schedule and being mostly at home, that NYL should still do very well. I predicted that they'd go 6-1 and they're still on track to do that. Idea

I didn't expect NY to beat PHO and I didn't expect NY to lose vs CON. But hey, 6-1 is still 6-1... Laimbeer may even win Coach of the Month with that record! Twisted Evil



_________________
2002 WNBA Virtual GM Overall Winner
2006 WNBA Triple Threat Overall Winner
2007 NBA ESPN Fast Break Overall Winner
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 177
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
Good point on Rodgers i agree but disagree on the excuse of missing players, the Sun is missing players also so its no excuse for them to play so poorly like this. its disappointing. but i think its a good wake up call to not take any team in the W so lightly...


"Taking them lightly" is more empty rhetoric. Do you have any evidence that any Liberty player took Connecticut lightly? All you or anyone knows is that New York played a lousy game. We all saw that.

How easy it is to sit at a computer and "know" what's inside the heads of professional athletes.


the "effort" and the "energy" wasn't there that's for sure so to me that's a sign of taking them lightly and if you watch Bill's postgame comments he said he knew it was gonna be a hard game but they was "feeling good about themselfs"

its a disappointing effort i was giving my opinion on the game Bob i know its a long season Rolling Eyes


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11039



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
Good point on Rodgers i agree but disagree on the excuse of missing players, the Sun is missing players also so its no excuse for them to play so poorly like this. its disappointing. but i think its a good wake up call to not take any team in the W so lightly...


"Taking them lightly" is more empty rhetoric. Do you have any evidence that any Liberty player took Connecticut lightly? All you or anyone knows is that New York played a lousy game. We all saw that.

How easy it is to sit at a computer and "know" what's inside the heads of professional athletes.


Put it this way. I wouldn't say "taking them lightly" or "rip them apart" per se. But I do think that whatever mistakes were made should definitely be firmly corrected and not sugar coated. I also think there was an obvious lack of energy from the opening tip. While not evidence of taking a team lightly, it does indicate a probability of being at least a little too comfortable with themselves.

On Rodgers, she's been disappointing. However, I think she's done some things well in terms of floor game, passing, free throw attempts and defense. Once the 3 ball turns around she'll be fine. Certainly we need more from her and had she been better maybe so would NYs record. But she could have had 25 tonight and the way our defense played we'd have probably still lost. And I haven't said more mainly because I think there's a number of things she's done well. Shooters can go through ebbs and flows. As a person who survived playing basketball strictly on hitting 3s at nearly 40 percent, I understand what that entails.

But no doubt she has to get it going. Soon. 10 games is more than a slump and it's nearly 30% of the season. If you have Tina, Piph, Z and Sugar all efficient on offense, this team gets damn good quickly.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.


Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 06/14/17 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11039



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
What a disappointing effort.


Bill should rip them apart and tell them how soft they played and you can't take days off in the W...its a fact



Looks like NYL played like the GSW Warriors in Game 4... Just expected to show up and win Confused

That said, before Prince and Kia left, I predicted that with such a relatively easy schedule and being mostly at home, that NYL should still do very well. I predicted that they'd go 6-1 and they're still on track to do that. Idea

I didn't expect NY to beat PHO and I didn't expect NY to lose vs CON. But hey, 6-1 is still 6-1... Laimbeer may even win Coach of the Month with that record! Twisted Evil


Hey man, I would be thrilled to get out of this stretch 5-2 even. Laimbeer definitely deserves credit for getting the most out of the remaining group, no doubt.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13437



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A terrible game defensively. I think they'll rebound from this and Charles will have a career night vs. Dallas on Friday. We then get a week off and face Connecticut again, but this time at MSG. I see us taking those two. Then we get Prince & Vaughn back. That's when the real test begins and who stands out on the team.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11039



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anybody else think Tina looked less than 100% physically tonight?



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11039



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also to me, especially early in the game, I thought they were very impatient when running offense. The lack of energy showed in their cuts and ball movement, neither of which were good. Not sharp at all, and it led to more 1-on-1 play than NY generally goes to. In this type of game, Piph's 1-on-1 ability might have made a difference in keeping NY afloat.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 2688



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
That was upsetting on a number of levels. But I think having CT take it to NY physically is the most disappointing part. The urgency level is much higher on CTs side.

Rodgers has largely been a non-entity on both ends. Defensively the Libs yielded uncontested shots to players for just about the entire first quarter and it's a team with good perimeter players. Toss in 20 paint points and NY is doing very little within its identity to deter a hot and confident offensive team.

I'd expect more Liberty type defense in the second half. Whether we have enough offense to eliminate a 15 point lead is open to question. Curt Miller appears to have scouted the Libs very well and has his team buying in on the defensive end. Other than Z creating her shot 1-on-1 and neutralizing Nayo, they've done a terrific job on help defense and taking away the strengths of Sugar, Tina and Kiah.

Among other things CT had only one first half TO. There were a few loose balls that the Libs just didn't get after. It speaks to the Libs being really lacking in the energy needed to win.

Lindsay Allen has also passed up a few wide open shots. The absence of Piph really shows in this game so far in terms of the sagging CT D.


Lindsey Allen is not in the lineup to shoot. She's in for rebounding -- plain and simple. Don't believe me? She led the team in rebounds tonight.


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 11039



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If a PG can't or won't shoot a wide open 15 footer then she can't be on the floor. Plain and simple. Though I assume from the latter part of your comment that you're kidding around.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Jet Jaguar



Joined: 11 Feb 2014
Posts: 1023



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Is there anything Bentley does better than Williams that would warrant her being a starter when she returns?

You are working under the assumption that the WNBA and the team decision makers make decisions based solely on basketball merit, skill, and performance. I wish it worked that way; the WNBA would be a much better league than it actually is. But it doesn't. Politics/favoritism rules the day, and the quality of the league suffers.



_________________
Oderint dum metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear
Jet Jaguar



Joined: 11 Feb 2014
Posts: 1023



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Thank goodness the Mercury cut that dead weight Courtney Williams before she dragged us down any further

The Mercury would NEVER unload a talented young guard like that. I mean, they've never done anything like that before Wink



_________________
Oderint dum metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 17247



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Thank goodness the Mercury cut that dead weight Courtney Williams before she dragged us down any further

The Mercury would NEVER unload a talented young guard like that. I mean, they've never done anything like that before Wink

Nearly 4 hours. You're slipping!



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Jet Jaguar



Joined: 11 Feb 2014
Posts: 1023



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll try to do better next time Laughing



_________________
Oderint dum metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin