RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Kara Wolters UConn and Tennessee should play

 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jlcarter



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 411



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/17 9:56 am    ::: Kara Wolters UConn and Tennessee should play Reply Reply with quote

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/local/2017/06/10/hall-fame-inductee-kara-wolters-wants-ut-uconn-series-resume/384789001/
Code:


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 626



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/17 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree. I miss the dog chewing up the orange and spitting it out onto the ground. If Summitt and now Warlick weren't such whiney ass bitches (and for no reason I might add), the best rivalry in all of women's sports would still be going on.


Jlcarter



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 411



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/17 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I remember correctly. The team in Orange has won the last three games. I agree it was the best rivalry in WCBB. I think they should play.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4127
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/17 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well of course they should play, but there's no reason for certain people to use the kind of language they did either. That can stop any minute.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4272



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/17 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If one team doesn't want to play another team, that's it.

End of discussion.

No reasons need to be given.

No name calling needs to be done.

It's not going to happen.

Move on.

Or wallow.

Your choice.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3330
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/17 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
I agree. I miss the dog chewing up the orange and spitting it out onto the ground. If Summitt and now Warlick weren't such whiney ass bitches (and for no reason I might add), the best rivalry in all of women's sports would still be going on.


no respect for the deceased i see Shocked . They actually had a very good reason , Maya moore and that recruiting debacle on how that unfolded.



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 1328
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not sure why anyone really cares about UConn-Tennessee. It was a big game when they were the top two programs in the game, but it is hard to even call it must see now, anymore than Louisiana Tech-Old Dominion or Cheney St.- Immaculata. Pat Summitt did a wonderful job of scheduling, and was willing to go anywhere to build the game. Now Geno plays by far the toughest non-conference schedule in the country, admittedly in part because he is saddled with an awful conference. Why should he reach down to play a team that hasn't made a final four in 9 years?


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3330
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/17 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I'm not sure why anyone really cares about UConn-Tennessee. It was a big game when they were the top two programs in the game, but it is hard to even call it must see now, anymore than Louisiana Tech-Old Dominion or Cheney St.- Immaculata. Pat Summitt did a wonderful job of scheduling, and was willing to go anywhere to build the game. Now Geno plays by far the toughest non-conference schedule in the country, admittedly in part because he is saddled with an awful conference. Why should he reach down to play a team that hasn't made a final four in 9 years?


Maybe because that team has the 2nd most national titles so therefor they are viewed as an established powerhouse regardless of the recent results. So many story-lines that could be made for this game , 2 most winning-est programs. 2 Most identifiable programs , the 2 teams that put WCBB on the main stage . History would make this match up one for the ages if it were to comeback in the future.



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 626



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/17 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
I agree. I miss the dog chewing up the orange and spitting it out onto the ground. If Summitt and now Warlick weren't such whiney ass bitches (and for no reason I might add), the best rivalry in all of women's sports would still be going on.


no respect for the deceased i see Shocked . They actually had a very good reason , Maya moore and that recruiting debacle on how that unfolded.


All of the so-called recruiting violations were found to be non-violations except a very minor violation which was Geno setting up a tour of ESPN studios for Moore. And that isn't even a violation. And if anyone thinks it was, yeah, I'm sure a tour of ESPN studios is what made Moore decide to go to Uconn. At that point, she more than likely already made up her mind she was going to CT. So no, Summitt and Warlick had zero good reasons. They ended the series because they were bitter Moore chose Uconn over them. Every violation that Summitt made up in her head was thrown out.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3330
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/17 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
I agree. I miss the dog chewing up the orange and spitting it out onto the ground. If Summitt and now Warlick weren't such whiney ass bitches (and for no reason I might add), the best rivalry in all of women's sports would still be going on.


no respect for the deceased i see Shocked . They actually had a very good reason , Maya moore and that recruiting debacle on how that unfolded.


All of the so-called recruiting violations were found to be non-violations except a very minor violation which was Geno setting up a tour of ESPN studios for Moore. And that isn't even a violation. And if anyone thinks it was, yeah, I'm sure a tour of ESPN studios is what made Moore decide to go to Uconn. At that point, she more than likely already made up her mind she was going to CT. So no, Summitt and Warlick had zero good reasons. They ended the series because they were bitter Moore chose Uconn over them. Every violation that Summitt made up in her head was thrown out.



thats cool , but no need to call them B words . Have respect for the ladies please



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 2638



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/17 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
I agree. I miss the dog chewing up the orange and spitting it out onto the ground. If Summitt and now Warlick weren't such whiney ass bitches (and for no reason I might add), the best rivalry in all of women's sports would still be going on.


no respect for the deceased i see Shocked . They actually had a very good reason , Maya moore and that recruiting debacle on how that unfolded.


All of the so-called recruiting violations were found to be non-violations except a very minor violation which was Geno setting up a tour of ESPN studios for Moore. And that isn't even a violation. And if anyone thinks it was, yeah, I'm sure a tour of ESPN studios is what made Moore decide to go to Uconn. At that point, she more than likely already made up her mind she was going to CT. So no, Summitt and Warlick had zero good reasons. They ended the series because they were bitter Moore chose Uconn over them. Every violation that Summitt made up in her head was thrown out.



thats cool , but no need to call them B words . Have respect for the ladies please


I agree. But the B word is nothing compared to the language some LV supporters have directed at Geno/Daley over he last 15 or so years. Until the Tenn admin admits that their employee was out of line by publicly accusing UConn of cheating a lot of LV fans will be chanting it during games at TBA. UConn has no need to subject themselves to that sort of atmosphere.

There's no doubt that a series would be a media circus but I'd rather see a series with Miss St, Oregon or Oregon St. Much better coaching matchups IMO.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11202



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/17 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The last thing the sport needs is another ridiculously over-hyped made-for-ESPN event.

The preceding post including the embedded posts demonstrates amply why we're better off if they never play again.

Let's just play some games for the sport of it.


Jlcarter



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 411



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/17 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The teams had some great games. I don't think another rivalry has equaled that one.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4127
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/17 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
I agree. I miss the dog chewing up the orange and spitting it out onto the ground. If Summitt and now Warlick weren't such whiney ass bitches (and for no reason I might add), the best rivalry in all of women's sports would still be going on.


no respect for the deceased i see Shocked . They actually had a very good reason , Maya moore and that recruiting debacle on how that unfolded.


All of the so-called recruiting violations were found to be non-violations except a very minor violation which was Geno setting up a tour of ESPN studios for Moore. And that isn't even a violation. And if anyone thinks it was, yeah, I'm sure a tour of ESPN studios is what made Moore decide to go to Uconn. At that point, she more than likely already made up her mind she was going to CT. So no, Summitt and Warlick had zero good reasons. They ended the series because they were bitter Moore chose Uconn over them. Every violation that Summitt made up in her head was thrown out.



thats cool , but no need to call them B words . Have respect for the ladies please


I agree. But the B word is nothing compared to the language some LV supporters have directed at Geno/Daley over he last 15 or so years. Until the Tenn admin admits that their employee was out of line by publicly accusing UConn of cheating a lot of LV fans will be chanting it during games at TBA. UConn has no need to subject themselves to that sort of atmosphere.

There's no doubt that a series would be a media circus but I'd rather see a series with Miss St, Oregon or Oregon St. Much better coaching matchups IMO.


OMG, could some of you get over it already? You have been chewing on that same old bone for years, a body would think it would have lost its taste by now. Rolling Eyes



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3330
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jlcarter wrote:
The teams had some great games. I don't think another rivalry has equaled that one.



X____________________



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 8113



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think if they played it would be a big deal in the first game, and after that, just another game.

But why not have an over-hyped ESPN game to generate interest in the sport? It may be annoying (I certainly agree with Art there) but there's nothing wrong with it.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4272



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I think if they played it would be a big deal in the first game, and after that, just another game.

But why not have an over-hyped ESPN game to generate interest in the sport? It may be annoying (I certainly agree with Art there) but there's nothing wrong with it.



There is if one team doesn't want to participate. There's everything wrong with it.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 2638



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

OMG, could some of you get over it already? You have been chewing on that same old bone for years, a body would think it would have lost its taste by now. Rolling Eyes


If a drunken neighbor incorrectly called your daughter a $2 whore at a block party and never apologized how long would it take for you to let it go and resume friendly relations with that person?

UConn has let it go by not scheduling Tennessee and thereby avoiding the subject. But I doubt a coach never forgets something like being accused publicly of being a cheat by a colleague. As far as the fans, I try and forget but some asshole Tenn fans (not you) still accept the accusations as facts and always seems to drag it up whenever UConn enters the discussion.

It's a shame that Tennessee seems to be committed to maintaining that Summitt never did anything wrong.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11202



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I think if they played it would be a big deal in the first game, and after that, just another game.

But why not have an over-hyped ESPN game to generate interest in the sport? It may be annoying (I certainly agree with Art there) but there's nothing wrong with it.


Because it completely detracts from the "real" games, that's why.

There's 350 Div I teams whose women are working their butts off and deserve some attention and promotion. We don't need some contrived nostalgia game that does nothing to promote the overall sport.

The only people who give a shit about that game are UConn and Tenn fans who are already watching their team's games. This wouldn't grow anything. It would instead be a huge statement that real games don't matter and aren't interesting. That only circuses interest people.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4127
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

OMG, could some of you get over it already? You have been chewing on that same old bone for years, a body would think it would have lost its taste by now. Rolling Eyes


If a drunken neighbor incorrectly called your daughter a $2 whore at a block party and never apologized how long would it take for you to let it go and resume friendly relations with that person?

UConn has let it go by not scheduling Tennessee and thereby avoiding the subject. But I doubt a coach never forgets something like being accused publicly of being a cheat by a colleague. As far as the fans, I try and forget but some asshole Tenn fans (not you) still accept the accusations as facts and always seems to drag it up whenever UConn enters the discussion.


It's a shame that Tennessee seems to be committed to maintaining that Summitt never did anything wrong.



Bad analogy. I would be angry at my neighbor, but I would also consider that sometimes "In vino NON veritas est". I was married to an alcoholic and I know that to be a fact. So you know what you can do with your analogy there.

Stop holding grudges. Get over yourselves and get on with life. I'm sure Geno has by now.

And your last statement is pure foolishness. Rolling Eyes Of course Pat made mistakes. She was human. So has your precious boy. HOWEVER.....please give me chapter and verse. I'm waiting.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1070



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jlcarter wrote:
The teams had some great games. I don't think another rivalry has equaled that one.


I agree you'll have some ND fans say silly thing like they have a rivalry with Uconn, but that rivalry died when Skylar graduated.
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11202



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:
The teams had some great games. I don't think another rivalry has equaled that one.


I agree you'll have some ND fans say silly thing like they have a rivalry with Uconn, but that rivalry died when Skylar graduated.


The silliest thing ever said by any ND or even Tenn fans doesn't come close to the nonsense you've directed at Notre Dame in the past week. The one obsessed with that matchup is you.

And, btw, I suppose that the only NCAA title game in history between two undefeated teams was completely insignificant. Just another game. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1070



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:
The teams had some great games. I don't think another rivalry has equaled that one.


I agree you'll have some ND fans say silly thing like they have a rivalry with Uconn, but that rivalry died when Skylar graduated.


The silliest thing ever said by any ND or even Tenn fans doesn't come close to the nonsense you've directed at Notre Dame in the past week. The one obsessed with that matchup is you.

And, btw, I suppose that the only NCAA title game in history between two undefeated teams was completely insignificant. Just another game. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


I'd say the Miss st upset over a Uconn team who wasn't projected to Win it all this year, will be remembered and talked about more then the ND vs UConn match up your talking about.

Also art the other 1 post your talking about I said IMO, so if that's how I feel I should have a right to share that on a message board, gone are the days of your being a bully. MM is a good recruiter, a good X's and O's coach, and overall a nice person, but I still don't think she's better then Dawn, Tara, Brenda, Matthew, Jeff or others. Honestly I started following Wbb a few years ago, and up until Diggins upset Moore in the NCAA tournament I don't think MM was at all thought of to be the best.
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11202



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:
The teams had some great games. I don't think another rivalry has equaled that one.


I agree you'll have some ND fans say silly thing like they have a rivalry with Uconn, but that rivalry died when Skylar graduated.


The silliest thing ever said by any ND or even Tenn fans doesn't come close to the nonsense you've directed at Notre Dame in the past week. The one obsessed with that matchup is you.

And, btw, I suppose that the only NCAA title game in history between two undefeated teams was completely insignificant. Just another game. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


I'd say the Miss st upset over a Uconn team who wasn't projected to Win it all this year, will be remembered and talked about more then the ND vs UConn match up your talking about.

Also art the other 1 post your talking about I said IMO, so if that's how I feel I should have a right to share that on a message board, gone are the days of your being a bully. MM is a good recruiter, a good X's and O's coach, and overall a nice person, but I still don't think she's better then Dawn, Tara, Brenda, Matthew, Jeff or others. Honestly I started following Wbb a few years ago, and up until Diggins upset Moore in the NCAA tournament I don't think MM was at all thought of to be the best.


Thanks for proving my point.


#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1070



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:
The teams had some great games. I don't think another rivalry has equaled that one.


I agree you'll have some ND fans say silly thing like they have a rivalry with Uconn, but that rivalry died when Skylar graduated.


The silliest thing ever said by any ND or even Tenn fans doesn't come close to the nonsense you've directed at Notre Dame in the past week. The one obsessed with that matchup is you.

And, btw, I suppose that the only NCAA title game in history between two undefeated teams was completely insignificant. Just another game. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


I'd say the Miss st upset over a Uconn team who wasn't projected to Win it all this year, will be remembered and talked about more then the ND vs UConn match up your talking about.

Also art the other 1 post your talking about I said IMO, so if that's how I feel I should have a right to share that on a message board, gone are the days of your being a bully. MM is a good recruiter, a good X's and O's coach, and overall a nice person, but I still don't think she's better then Dawn, Tara, Brenda, Matthew, Jeff or others. Honestly I started following Wbb a few years ago, and up until Diggins upset Moore in the NCAA tournament I don't think MM was at all thought of to be the best.


Thanks for proving my point.

how did I prove your point? You seem to have a serious problem with South Carolina, and I'm still not ok with you calling me Donald Trump.
Jlcarter



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 411



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My favorite moment from the rivalry.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y2LmuQ3VDYM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1070



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jlcarter wrote:
My favorite moment from the rivalry.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y2LmuQ3VDYM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Yes I agree I could watch that play atlest 5 times a day lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3330
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:
My favorite moment from the rivalry.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y2LmuQ3VDYM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Yes I agree I could watch that play atlest 5 times a day lol


5 time an hour !! Cool



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 2638



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:


Bad analogy. I would be angry at my neighbor, but I would also consider that sometimes "In vino NON veritas est". I was married to an alcoholic and I know that to be a fact. So you know what you can do with your analogy there.

Stop holding grudges. Get over yourselves and get on with life. I'm sure Geno has by now.

And your last statement is pure foolishness. Rolling Eyes Of course Pat made mistakes. She was human. So has your precious boy. HOWEVER.....please give me chapter and verse. I'm waiting.


I earnestly hope that when Geno is no longer coaching that UConn refrain from building him a shrine on campus. He is a great coach but not someone to worship. And neither was Summitt.

And maybe it's time for Tenn to plead "In dementia non veritas est".

Pat has used heavy-handed methods in recruiting. Legal? Maybe.But many of her tactics are now banned, mostly because she used them. I don't need to retell the over the top hard sell during the official visit of Ann Strother, do I? Pat played hard ball when it came to recruiting. I have no problem with that but I do have a problem when she and her supporters then turned around and accused others. Try reading this old article:

http://accesswdun.com/article/2002/5/194897

Those violations weren't made public voluntarily by Tenn or the NCAA. It took a FOI request from the AP to get the NCAA to publicize them. Are they horrible? No. But they resemble the sort of violations that Tenn accused Geno of doing. And they cover but a couple of years. I doubt the violations began or ended with those.

And it isn't me Summitt slandered so I bare no grudge. It's Geno that publicly stated that any resumption of the series would have to be preceded by an apology from the Tenn administration to Chis Daley, the UConn program and himself. And he deserves one. It's one thing for some asshole LV fans to call him a "Dago" or a greasy Italian on a message board. I expect that from that fanbase. But when an employee of the U of Tenn makes a public accusation of cheating by another coach they need to be called on it. That sort of thing goes way past the level of partisanship. And yet Summitt's friends at the NCAA did nothing. The "old girl network" shielded her and now she's been made such a icon that no one wants her warts to show.

And if you think the LV fanbase has forgotten take a gander at Carter dragging up a video from around 2006. I guess I should respond with videos of DT punching the orange basket support pad, or her mocking the "mooing" TBA crowd? LOL

While there is certainly a portion of the UConn fanbase that remembers those "days of yor", UConn has moved on to greater glory while LV fans are still reliving ancient history and nursing festering wounds. Rolling Eyes


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4127
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And of course you expect me to believe that all UConn boosters are purely angelic and would never do any such thing. Rolling Eyes Well, I don't. It goes on in every big university with big athletic programs. And I bet Geno used some pretty hard-nosed recruiting tactics himself, at least back in the day before the program sold itself. It goes with the territory. So don't try to tell me your boy is an angel and your program is perfect. He isn't, and it's not.

Get over it, stop dragging up the past, move on. And I'm not Carter and didn't post that video, although it was a fun time. It was awhile ago.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4272



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:


And it isn't me Summitt slandered so I bare no grudge. It's Geno that publicly stated that any resumption of the series would have to be preceded by an apology from the Tenn administration to Chis Daley, the UConn program and himself. And he deserves one. It's one thing for some asshole LV fans to call him a "Dago" or a greasy Italian on a message board. I expect that from that fanbase. But when an employee of the U of Tenn makes a public accusation of cheating by another coach they need to be called on it. That sort of thing goes way past the level of partisanship.



Not to change the subject, but when does Becca B. get her apology from Geno?



_________________
neverthless she persisted
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 2638



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
And of course you expect me to believe that all UConn boosters are purely angelic and would never do any such thing. Rolling Eyes Well, I don't. It goes on in every big university with big athletic programs. And I bet Geno used some pretty hard-nosed recruiting tactics himself, at least back in the day before the program sold itself. It goes with the territory. So don't try to tell me your boy is an angel and your program is perfect. He isn't, and it's not.

Get over it, stop dragging up the past, move on. And I'm not Carter and didn't post that video, although it was a fun time. It was awhile ago.


Stop dragging up the past? That's a laugh. Look at Ex-Ref, dragging up a comment that is what? Six years old?

The subject is Summitt's slandering of UConn. You always respond the same way on this topic. You don't respond to the topic. You try to swotch it to UConn. You asked me for chapter and verse. I gave you chapter and verse. You respond with the same old LV BS that there "must have been something" at UConn. How about some hard facts from you instead of vague inuendo? If you have any documented evidence that UConn boosters or anyone else has done similar things then let's hear it. Chapter and verse please.

I'm waiting. Rolling Eyes


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 2638



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/17 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Not to change the subject, but when does Becca B. get her apology from Geno?


Yeah, you are changing the subject quite a bit. The subject is Summitt slandering another coach with an accusation of cheating. You, like STB are trying to turn it around into a discussion of UConn.

I'd like to hear some comments about whether or not Summitt crossed a line. There are a lot of posters here with coaching backgrounds. How would they respond to an accusation like that if it was directed at them? Would they just "let it slide"? Does UConn deserve an apology?


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 8113



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When I was a younger coach, I cared a lot more about such things -- but the truth is that every great coach that I know of, from John Wooden on down, bent the rules on occasion, and danced on both sides of that fine line that separates legal from illegal behavior.

So as I got older, I just let such talk slide (unless it was aimed at a player). Pat Summitt's early days, when she built a powerhouse, featured some shaky maneuvers (she was especially fond of poaching good players from other schools), and Geno Auriemma is no saint, as has been shown.

Neither needs nor deserves an apology.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4127
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Quote:
Not to change the subject, but when does Becca B. get her apology from Geno?


Yeah, you are changing the subject quite a bit. The subject is Summitt slandering another coach with an accusation of cheating. You, like STB are trying to turn it around into a discussion of UConn.

I'd like to hear some comments about whether or not Summitt crossed a line. There are a lot of posters here with coaching backgrounds. How would they respond to an accusation like that if it was directed at them? Would they just "let it slide"? Does UConn deserve an apology?


"The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge."

Just deal with it already. This is ridiculous. Pat was no saint. Neither is Geno.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11202



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Quote:
Not to change the subject, but when does Becca B. get her apology from Geno?


Yeah, you are changing the subject quite a bit. The subject is Summitt slandering another coach with an accusation of cheating. You, like STB are trying to turn it around into a discussion of UConn.

I'd like to hear some comments about whether or not Summitt crossed a line. There are a lot of posters here with coaching backgrounds. How would they respond to an accusation like that if it was directed at them? Would they just "let it slide"? Does UConn deserve an apology?


You're demanding an "apology".

I suspect ex-refs point has something to do with people who live in glass houses.


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 2638



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The reality is that Warlick expressed some interest in renewing the series and Geno responded by asking for an apology which neither Warlick nor the Tenn administration are willing to provide.

The only people calling for a game is the media, in particular ESPN. They would love to stir up all the bitterness on both sides. The actual game would be lost in the side show atmosphere that ESPN would create.

Personally I'd rather see the Stanford series renewed. Or start one with either or both of the Oregon schools.


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 2638



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:
Quote:
Not to change the subject, but when does Becca B. get her apology from Geno?


Yeah, you are changing the subject quite a bit. The subject is Summitt slandering another coach with an accusation of cheating. You, like STB are trying to turn it around into a discussion of UConn.

I'd like to hear some comments about whether or not Summitt crossed a line. There are a lot of posters here with coaching backgrounds. How would they respond to an accusation like that if it was directed at them? Would they just "let it slide"? Does UConn deserve an apology?


You're demanding an "apology".

I suspect ex-refs point has something to do with people who live in glass houses.


That Notre Dame player in question exhibited poor sportsmanship. She got her just reward when it was her crying in her own locker room after the next game. Geno got the details wrong and IMO he should have just shut up. But to suggest that that incident rises to the level of one coach publicly accusing another of cheating is ridiculous.

And completely off-topic.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11202



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:
Quote:
Not to change the subject, but when does Becca B. get her apology from Geno?


Yeah, you are changing the subject quite a bit. The subject is Summitt slandering another coach with an accusation of cheating. You, like STB are trying to turn it around into a discussion of UConn.

I'd like to hear some comments about whether or not Summitt crossed a line. There are a lot of posters here with coaching backgrounds. How would they respond to an accusation like that if it was directed at them? Would they just "let it slide"? Does UConn deserve an apology?


You're demanding an "apology".

I suspect ex-refs point has something to do with people who live in glass houses.


That Notre Dame player in question exhibited poor sportsmanship. She got her just reward when it was her crying in her own locker room after the next game. Geno got the details wrong and IMO he should have just shut up. But to suggest that that incident rises to the level of one coach publicly accusing another of cheating is ridiculous.

And completely off-topic.


The Notre Dame player in question did absolutely nothing and never exhibited "poor sportsmanship." The whole things was a total fabrication. Geno didn't get "details" wrong, he got it 100% wrong, and if there's any apologies to be meted out, this one should be at the top of the list.

And it's not off topic at all. Unless of course you think the topic is "every way in which UConn has been wronged while completely ignoring every bullshit stunt UConn has directed at others."


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 2638



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:


The Notre Dame player in question did absolutely nothing and never exhibited "poor sportsmanship." The whole things was a total fabrication. Geno didn't get "details" wrong, he got it 100% wrong, and if there's any apologies to be meted out, this one should be at the top of the list.

And it's not off topic at all. Unless of course you think the topic is "every way in which UConn has been wronged while completely ignoring every bullshit stunt UConn has directed at others."


Art, I am not demanding an apology. And neither is Geno. He is making an apology a prerequisite to a resumption of the series. That's not a demand because it's not UConn looking to resume the series. Geno is perfectly happy with the status quo.

And try reading the topic at the top of the thread and then tell me what the hell it has to do with Notre Dame?

So take your trolling elsewhere.


blaase22



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 3430
Location: Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/17 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
I agree. I miss the dog chewing up the orange and spitting it out onto the ground. If Summitt and now Warlick weren't such whiney ass bitches (and for no reason I might add), the best rivalry in all of women's sports would still be going on.


no respect for the deceased i see Shocked . They actually had a very good reason , Maya moore and that recruiting debacle on how that unfolded.


i know right? This coming from a guy(Ay Mate) that was upset people were making fun of the Sun's coach way of speaking 😂 And Danielle Adams weight.


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 626



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/15/17 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
I agree. I miss the dog chewing up the orange and spitting it out onto the ground. If Summitt and now Warlick weren't such whiney ass bitches (and for no reason I might add), the best rivalry in all of women's sports would still be going on.


no respect for the deceased i see Shocked . They actually had a very good reason , Maya moore and that recruiting debacle on how that unfolded.


i know right? This coming from a guy(Ay Mate) that was upset people were making fun of the Sun's coach way of speaking 😂 And Danielle Adams weight.


Calling someone a Whiney bitch is not even close to being as bad as someone making fun of the way someone talks or how much someone weighs so get off the fucking soap box.


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 14989
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/15/17 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you all for demonstrating why UConn and Tennessee should never go near each other ever again.



_________________
If you can't see, stand up.

If you think it's too loud, you're not loud enough.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin