RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kara Wolters UConn and Tennessee should play
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlcarter

PostPosted: 06/12/17 9:56 am    ::: Kara Wolters UConn and Tennessee should play Reply Reply with quote

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/local/2017/06/10/hall-fame-inductee-kara-wolters-wants-ut-uconn-series-resume/384789001/
Code:

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 06/12/17 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree. I miss the dog chewing up the orange and spitting it out onto the ground. If Summitt and now Warlick weren't such whiney ass bitches (and for no reason I might add), the best rivalry in all of women's sports would still be going on.

Jlcarter

PostPosted: 06/12/17 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I remember correctly. The team in Orange has won the last three games. I agree it was the best rivalry in WCBB. I think they should play.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/12/17 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well of course they should play, but there's no reason for certain people to use the kind of language they did either. That can stop any minute.

PostPosted: 06/12/17 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If one team doesn't want to play another team, that's it.

End of discussion.

No reasons need to be given.

No name calling needs to be done.

It's not going to happen.

Move on.

Or wallow.

Your choice.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/12/17 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
I agree. I miss the dog chewing up the orange and spitting it out onto the ground. If Summitt and now Warlick weren't such whiney ass bitches (and for no reason I might add), the best rivalry in all of women's sports would still be going on.

no respect for the deceased i see Shocked . They actually had a very good reason , Maya moore and that recruiting debacle on how that unfolded.

PostPosted: 06/12/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not sure why anyone really cares about UConn-Tennessee. It was a big game when they were the top two programs in the game, but it is hard to even call it must see now, anymore than Louisiana Tech-Old Dominion or Cheney St.- Immaculata. Pat Summitt did a wonderful job of scheduling, and was willing to go anywhere to build the game. Now Geno plays by far the toughest non-conference schedule in the country, admittedly in part because he is saddled with an awful conference. Why should he reach down to play a team that hasn't made a final four in 9 years?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/12/17 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I'm not sure why anyone really cares about UConn-Tennessee. It was a big game when they were the top two programs in the game, but it is hard to even call it must see now, anymore than Louisiana Tech-Old Dominion or Cheney St.- Immaculata. Pat Summitt did a wonderful job of scheduling, and was willing to go anywhere to build the game. Now Geno plays by far the toughest non-conference schedule in the country, admittedly in part because he is saddled with an awful conference. Why should he reach down to play a team that hasn't made a final four in 9 years?

Maybe because that team has the 2nd most national titles so therefor they are viewed as an established powerhouse regardless of the recent results. So many story-lines that could be made for this game , 2 most winning-est programs. 2 Most identifiable programs , the 2 teams that put WCBB on the main stage . History would make this match up one for the ages if it were to comeback in the future.

PostPosted: 06/12/17 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

no respect for the deceased i see Shocked . They actually had a very good reason , Maya moore and that recruiting debacle on how that unfolded.

All of the so-called recruiting violations were found to be non-violations except a very minor violation which was Geno setting up a tour of ESPN studios for Moore. And that isn't even a violation. And if anyone thinks it was, yeah, I'm sure a tour of ESPN studios is what made Moore decide to go to Uconn. At that point, she more than likely already made up her mind she was going to CT. So no, Summitt and Warlick had zero good reasons. They ended the series because they were bitter Moore chose Uconn over them. Every violation that Summitt made up in her head was thrown out.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/12/17 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

All of the so-called recruiting violations were found to be non-violations except a very minor violation which was Geno setting up a tour of ESPN studios for Moore. And that isn't even a violation. And if anyone thinks it was, yeah, I'm sure a tour of ESPN studios is what made Moore decide to go to Uconn. At that point, she more than likely already made up her mind she was going to CT. So no, Summitt and Warlick had zero good reasons. They ended the series because they were bitter Moore chose Uconn over them. Every violation that Summitt made up in her head was thrown out.

thats cool , but no need to call them B words . Have respect for the ladies please

PostPosted: 06/12/17 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

thats cool , but no need to call them B words . Have respect for the ladies please

I agree. But the B word is nothing compared to the language some LV supporters have directed at Geno/Daley over he last 15 or so years. Until the Tenn admin admits that their employee was out of line by publicly accusing UConn of cheating a lot of LV fans will be chanting it during games at TBA. UConn has no need to subject themselves to that sort of atmosphere.

There's no doubt that a series would be a media circus but I'd rather see a series with Miss St, Oregon or Oregon St. Much better coaching matchups IMO.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/12/17 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The last thing the sport needs is another ridiculously over-hyped made-for-ESPN event.

The preceding post including the embedded posts demonstrates amply why we're better off if they never play again.

Let's just play some games for the sport of it.

Jlcarter

PostPosted: 06/12/17 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The teams had some great games. I don't think another rivalry has equaled that one.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/12/17 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

I agree. But the B word is nothing compared to the language some LV supporters have directed at Geno/Daley over he last 15 or so years. Until the Tenn admin admits that their employee was out of line by publicly accusing UConn of cheating a lot of LV fans will be chanting it during games at TBA. UConn has no need to subject themselves to that sort of atmosphere.

There's no doubt that a series would be a media circus but I'd rather see a series with Miss St, Oregon or Oregon St. Much better coaching matchups IMO.

OMG, could some of you get over it already? You have been chewing on that same old bone for years, a body would think it would have lost its taste by now. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 06/13/17 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jlcarter wrote:
The teams had some great games. I don't think another rivalry has equaled that one.

X____________________

PostPosted: 06/13/17 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think if they played it would be a big deal in the first game, and after that, just another game.

But why not have an over-hyped ESPN game to generate interest in the sport? It may be annoying (I certainly agree with Art there) but there's nothing wrong with it.

PostPosted: 06/13/17 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I think if they played it would be a big deal in the first game, and after that, just another game.

But why not have an over-hyped ESPN game to generate interest in the sport? It may be annoying (I certainly agree with Art there) but there's nothing wrong with it.

There is if one team doesn't want to participate. There's everything wrong with it.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
linkster

PostPosted: 06/13/17 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

OMG, could some of you get over it already? You have been chewing on that same old bone for years, a body would think it would have lost its taste by now. Rolling Eyes

If a drunken neighbor incorrectly called your daughter a $2 whore at a block party and never apologized how long would it take for you to let it go and resume friendly relations with that person?

UConn has let it go by not scheduling Tennessee and thereby avoiding the subject. But I doubt a coach never forgets something like being accused publicly of being a cheat by a colleague. As far as the fans, I try and forget but some asshole Tenn fans (not you) still accept the accusations as facts and always seems to drag it up whenever UConn enters the discussion.

It's a shame that Tennessee seems to be committed to maintaining that Summitt never did anything wrong.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/13/17 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Because it completely detracts from the "real" games, that's why.

There's 350 Div I teams whose women are working their butts off and deserve some attention and promotion. We don't need some contrived nostalgia game that does nothing to promote the overall sport.

The only people who give a shit about that game are UConn and Tenn fans who are already watching their team's games. This wouldn't grow anything. It would instead be a huge statement that real games don't matter and aren't interesting. That only circuses interest people.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/13/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

If a drunken neighbor incorrectly called your daughter a $2 whore at a block party and never apologized how long would it take for you to let it go and resume friendly relations with that person?

UConn has let it go by not scheduling Tennessee and thereby avoiding the subject. But I doubt a coach never forgets something like being accused publicly of being a cheat by a colleague. As far as the fans, I try and forget but some asshole Tenn fans (not you) still accept the accusations as facts and always seems to drag it up whenever UConn enters the discussion.

It's a shame that Tennessee seems to be committed to maintaining that Summitt never did anything wrong.

Bad analogy. I would be angry at my neighbor, but I would also consider that sometimes "In vino NON veritas est". I was married to an alcoholic and I know that to be a fact. So you know what you can do with your analogy there.

Stop holding grudges. Get over yourselves and get on with life. I'm sure Geno has by now.

And your last statement is pure foolishness. Rolling Eyes Of course Pat made mistakes. She was human. So has your precious boy. HOWEVER.....please give me chapter and verse. I'm waiting.

PostPosted: 06/13/17 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jlcarter wrote:

I agree you'll have some ND fans say silly thing like they have a rivalry with Uconn, but that rivalry died when Skylar graduated.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/13/17 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:

I agree you'll have some ND fans say silly thing like they have a rivalry with Uconn, but that rivalry died when Skylar graduated.

The silliest thing ever said by any ND or even Tenn fans doesn't come close to the nonsense you've directed at Notre Dame in the past week. The one obsessed with that matchup is you.

And, btw, I suppose that the only NCAA title game in history between two undefeated teams was completely insignificant. Just another game. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 06/13/17 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:

The silliest thing ever said by any ND or even Tenn fans doesn't come close to the nonsense you've directed at Notre Dame in the past week. The one obsessed with that matchup is you.

And, btw, I suppose that the only NCAA title game in history between two undefeated teams was completely insignificant. Just another game. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'd say the Miss st upset over a Uconn team who wasn't projected to Win it all this year, will be remembered and talked about more then the ND vs UConn match up your talking about.

Also art the other 1 post your talking about I said IMO, so if that's how I feel I should have a right to share that on a message board, gone are the days of your being a bully. MM is a good recruiter, a good X's and O's coach, and overall a nice person, but I still don't think she's better then Dawn, Tara, Brenda, Matthew, Jeff or others. Honestly I started following Wbb a few years ago, and up until Diggins upset Moore in the NCAA tournament I don't think MM was at all thought of to be the best.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/13/17 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:

I'd say the Miss st upset over a Uconn team who wasn't projected to Win it all this year, will be remembered and talked about more then the ND vs UConn match up your talking about.

Also art the other 1 post your talking about I said IMO, so if that's how I feel I should have a right to share that on a message board, gone are the days of your being a bully. MM is a good recruiter, a good X's and O's coach, and overall a nice person, but I still don't think she's better then Dawn, Tara, Brenda, Matthew, Jeff or others. Honestly I started following Wbb a few years ago, and up until Diggins upset Moore in the NCAA tournament I don't think MM was at all thought of to be the best.

Thanks for proving my point.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 06/13/17 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:

Thanks for proving my point.

how did I prove your point? You seem to have a serious problem with South Carolina, and I'm still not ok with you calling me Donald Trump.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: